PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Arachnoboards
05-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here (http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=606).

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here (http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=7038).

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team

jtablerd
05-20-2005, 10:22 PM
wow, i guess i'll pop this thread open, my names john...umm..long time listener first time caller 22 live outside baltimore..shh dont tell the mods that im talkin about this here, but i dont know what else to say except that i love my telecaster...i have a rosie and a wild caught brown recluse.....

Varden
05-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Hi, all. I am not only new to this board, I am new to tarantulas. I am just looking into owning my first one and am still in the mode of gathering information on the proper care and feeding of. I know I eventually want a Cyriopagopus sp. "blue" (Singapore Blue), but since the literature suggests this is not a first-timer's spider and intend to work my way up to having one. So far, I have the housing and supplies for an arboreal tarantula, and I've been looking at the Avicularia metallica (Metallic Pinktoe) or the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue). Any advice would be greatly appreciated, but I think if I poke around this site long enough, I'll probably pick up some great tarantula-care tips to help me make my choice.

Thanks

Maren

ally b
05-24-2005, 09:02 PM
well hi every one,

iam alisa (but prefer ally) iam 23yrs ,
i live in england in a county called northumberland,

i used to keep 4 b.smithis bout 4 years ago my last one died so i had a break for bout 4 /5 years .
so iam back with force i now have 7 Ts all with pet names(i like to think of them as family)
i will list them some other time.

oh wot the heck: {D
in order of wot i got frist

b.smithi-spling,(female i hope)
c.huhini-adult?,(female)
unknown-spling,(90%sure its male)
c.cyaneopubescens-juv,(not sure sex yet)
salmon pink(not sure on latin name)-juv,(female)
golden starburst-*2 spling(not sure yet)

so thats me guys.
i speak my mind(which some times gets me in to trouble ;P )

but thats me.

look forward to being part of the commutiy.

ally b.

P.S. i canrt spell to save my life.

Beeker
05-25-2005, 01:00 PM
hey whats up guys? i'm new to this board and have been reading lots of great information. I'm 20 and live in Ohio :( lol well i guess it isn't that bad. I got my frist 2 T's a week ago.

A Green Bottle Blue 1" and

Cobalt Blue 0.5"
( i know the cobalt has are know for bad attitudes but i just plan on looking at them in their glory :) )

This has been a helpful site and i plan to come here with any further questions that i may have about my new aquaintances.

peace
kyle

stubby8th
05-25-2005, 01:58 PM
My name is Tom. I've kept T's now since about '93. I live just East of Dallas in the small but sprawling town of Rockwall. I'm married, 37 yrs old and together my 5yr old, Garrett, we have a collection of 'happy' tarantulas (if you know what I mean). We like to sit down and handle ours.
I love my arachno-challenged wife, collecting antiques, politics and doing 'guy' stuff with my son and yes, I am an arachno-haulic!

Lopez
05-25-2005, 02:07 PM
My name is Leon, I am from South Wales, United Kingdom. I am 25 years old.

I work for TUi (http://www.tui.com/en/), I drive a Ford Mondeo, I have a girlfriend called Kate who is also a member of these forums (Lostkat)

My main interests are the Ornithoctoninae and the Selenocosmiinae. I keep a handful of South American species and some Araneamorphs but these make up about 3% of my collection which is comprised of spiders from Asia.

Sheri
05-25-2005, 05:04 PM
This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here (http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=7038).

Just a friendly reminder from the friendly neighborhood mod. ;)

From Winnipeg, Canada. 28 yrs old. 2 young boys, lots of spiders.
Post once in a while in The Watering Hole.

Welcome all! Feel free to ask any questions via PM. I will help if I can. :D

Ishkabibble
05-25-2005, 05:20 PM
My name is Ish. I live in Northern Indiana, just this side of Hell. I'm three days older than dirt. I have T's, Snakes, Amphibs, and rats... and some kids, however they resemble the postman for some reason. And I'm currently collecting OW's primarily.

druid8783
05-25-2005, 05:39 PM
My name is Stacey, I'm 21. I had tarantulas but had to sell them because my mom was so afraid of them and I moved. :8o :(

I'm currently taking a vet assistant course and I work at my parents campground in good ol' "Gaylerd" Michigan.

shogun804
05-25-2005, 06:08 PM
hello all, my name is david i turned 22 recently i reside in the wonderfull place of chesterfield VA. I am currently a college student studying psychology and soon to transfer to medical school to become a psychiatrist {D . i have been keeping T's about a year im really into Old world arboreal T's. aside from this wonderfull hobby i am also big into golf.

Windchaser
05-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Hi, my name is Mark. Crowd answers "Hi Mark"

I am addicted to tarantulas. It has been a few weeks since I last purchased a tarantula. However, I keep thinking about them. It is a daily struggle.

Seriously though, I have been keeping T's for many years now. I am 40, the father of three great kids, divorced and an avid sailor. I have been racing sailboats on Lake Michigan for over 20 years. One of the things I enjoy about keeping tarantulas is studying and learning about them. It is a great diversion from the mundane aspects of everyday life.

TheDarkFinder
05-25-2005, 06:49 PM
You may have already noticed the split personality aready. Thedarkfinder is really two people dan and diana. This is dan. We are introchangable so do not worry. I'm 28 and have own tarantulas from the age of 8. My wife has owned them for 16. Di and me have been married for 8 years, dating for 9, and friends for 12. I will be getting my phd in chemistry and botany. My wife will have her phd in computer science in two years (information and security).
Dan

Fred
05-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Hello all. My name is Fred, I'm 14(I know I youngin') I live in Penticton, BC, Canada. I've been in the hobby now for 1 1/2 years I have 7 Tarantulas. During summers I work at the Penticton Lakeside on the Beach. I like jumping on my trampoline and dirtbiking.

PikaBre33
05-25-2005, 10:26 PM
hi there,
I'm Bre and i own a curley haired tarantula. He's my best little buddy. The reason i signed up on this website was to get some help with him. He molted last night and he appears to have broken his leg in the prosess. So i just came to see if anyone can help us. I would be heart broken if he didnt make it. :(

VoodooFuneral
05-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Hi, I'm Brenna, and I enjoy poking dead things with a stick, pointing out ugly babies, and being the best little neighbor from hell that I can be.
Joking (or not) aside...I turn 30 on Monday. :eek: I live in the "South" (not on purpose) :D with my recent husband, long-time friend, with our menagerie of creatures including cats, dogs, Siamese Fighting Fish (NOT for fighting), :shame: a snake, and 5 Tarantulas so far.
I sell stuff on eBay sometimes and love to write, read (yup, I can do both), and paint for fun. Landscaping, gardening, & planting trees is much fun too. I'm a Gemini with Scorpio rising...which I think translates into "manic depressive with A.D.D." :wall: {D
My hobbies include the "move the letters around, and change the phrase on that sign to something funnier" game. That's it for now- always wash behind your ears, and don't forget to recycle. Take care! :)

misfitsfiend
05-26-2005, 02:00 AM
I'm Bruno, 20 YO, I've spent a little more than half my life here in the U.S. and little less than half in Brazil. I was born in Brazil, and I love it there, I love going back. I have yet to master both english and portuguese so excuse any misspellings or gramatical errors(thats what happens when you move back and forth all the time).
I play music, and collect inverts and reptiles. Aside from my fiance and long time girlfriend those are my biggest passions. I love older rock music and heavy metal, and I'm pretty open minded when it comes to music. I have an obssesion with horror movies and just the evil, dark, horror type of theme. I enjoi movies, and a good show at a good venue. And i think thats more than anyone of you really needed to know...

Spider-man 2
05-26-2005, 02:13 AM
My name is Dwayne......that's all you want to know, trust me.

MAYBE I'll elaborate later......

Gem
05-26-2005, 06:25 AM
Hello All,
Not taken time to introduce myself yet, names Gem and i'm new tarantulas but am looking forwards to learning lots from all you lovely people, i have a mexican red rump called Hillary and plan on building my collection in the very near future with a little help from you :)
Thats me, feel free to send me any messages
Gem

MysticKigh
05-26-2005, 09:13 AM
hi there,
I'm Bre and i own a curley haired tarantula. He's my best little buddy. The reason i signed up on this website was to get some help with him. He molted last night and he appears to have broken his leg in the prosess. So i just came to see if anyone can help us. I would be heart broken if he didnt make it. :(
Hey Bre... if you peep around thru the questions and discussions, you'll find a lot of info about difficult moults... and also a lot of folks who have had similar experiences. If your little one isn't bleeding/leaking chances are he'll be just fine. The 2nd T I ever got (he's an ancient G rosea) came to me with his first leg completely gone... he regenerated it and has been wonderful ever since :)

Rabid Flea
05-27-2005, 02:31 AM
My name is Jeff, (everyone calls me JeKo). I live in Tarzana, CA which is part of Los Angeles. I moved here a year ago with my boyfriend of soon to be 5 years. We decided to come to california because he is deaf and I wanted to come out here to attend California State University Northridge to get my degree in sign language interpreting. In the middle of all that, I got into scorpions and Ts really quick.
Oh I forgot to say im 26, born in North Carolina, grew up in Florida, now I live in Los Angeles, go figure. Anyway, just thought I would post a lil about me... {D

becca81
05-27-2005, 03:13 PM
My name is Becca. I'm a 24 year old math and science teacher from Georgia, USA. I'm married and have two children, Joshua (almost 5) and Brooklyn (almost 2).

I've lived in the South all my life and am anxiously awaiting the day when I'll be able to head north.

ManiacCts
05-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey peeps whats going on. My name is Chase. I live in Missouri. It is my First time here. I have a coasta rican zebra Tarantula, she is about 2' long. She has made me very interested in tarantula's, I have been looking in to breeding and selling them but have had some trouble finding information on selling them. That is why I am here.

Tony
05-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Neat thread....
Tony (obviously) and I have over 150 T's...I really dont know the official #, nor am I inclined to find out...Been Keeping T's (in this phase) for 7+ years or so...Worlds different than the mid 80's phase or even the early 90's phasei...Man the hobby has truly come out of the stone ages since the early 90's ...
Tony
(married, one kid)

lta3398
05-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Hello, all. My name is Deni. I am 30 years old, and I live in West Palm Beach, FL, with my husband, 2 kids, and literally a HOUSEFUL of pets. I am the general manager for a metal refinishing plant. I enjoy reading and football in addition to collecting my pets. I keep everything from my beloved T's to gerbils, and that leaves ALOT in between!

chazz
05-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Hello there!!

My name is Rudi. I´m from Denmark(europe)
I´m 26 years old.
This is my list of animals.

0.0.31 Poecilotheria ornata
0,1,0 Poecilotheria regalis
1.2.1 Poecilotheria formosa
0.0.3 Poecilotheria miranda
1.1.0 Poecilotheria fasciata
1.1.1 Poecilotheria rufilata
1.2.36 Poecilotheria pedernseni
0.1.1 Poecilotheria Striata
0.0.1 Poecilotheria subfusca

2.3.0 Haplopelma schmidti(yellow)

0.0.1 Cyriopagopus sp blĺ
1.1.0 Cyriopagopus schioedtei

0.1.0 Lampropelma violaceopes

1.0.0 Stromatopelma calceatum
0.0.4 Heteroscodra maculata

I do not have so many tarantulas any more because i don´t have the time.

Rudi Skafsgaard

Schlyne
05-28-2005, 02:28 PM
First off, I'm a chick. Apparently the name throws everybody off. I'm 25 and an electrical engineer. I have around 30 tarantula's at this time (expect the number to go up). I also have a bunch of snakes (mostly pythons), 1 cat, and scorpions. If you want the exact listing go digging in the "what I keep" threads.

I bred crested geckos for a short time, but decided to get out of keeping lizards
I will be breeding ball pythons as soon as my guys grow up :wicked:

jtablerd
05-28-2005, 02:33 PM
^^ wow...thats an awesome collection...

im...not a chick..just a rosie and a wild caught brown recluse for not...waitin and wonderin if im headed for one of the larger aborreal T's or a couple of `pedes...well you guys'll see plenty of me in the future askin questions...names john btw 23yrs old..

nightbreed
05-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Hi
my names Jamie I'm 30, married with two kids third due any minute, my wife is overdue and contracting as I type, waiting till they get five mins apart then we're gonna call an ambulance, wish us luck :D
I have seventeen T's at the mo and getting more next week :D

MyNameHere
05-28-2005, 03:49 PM
I've lived in the South all my life and am anxiously awaiting the day when I'll be able to head north.Or at least to 'blue' state, right? ;) I know the pain.

Oh, I guess I should do some kind of introduction. I'm Homero. :)

Have a day.

BlkCat
05-28-2005, 03:50 PM
I am Gena. I am 25. I am a nursing student at USM Coast Campus. I live in Gulfport MS. I have a b/f and a 9 year old daughter.
I originally came to arachnoboards because my A. versi was acting weird. Despite everyone's efforts, he couldnt be saved. :(
I became a member in Nov 2004. Its an addictive place. :D Since then I have a collection of 16 Ts and I plan to get more. They are just part of the zoo. I have 4 cats, 4 rabbits, a beta, and an Alaskan Malemute. Gotta Love my babies!!

TimV
05-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi, I'm Tim, 45 year old landscape contractor, beekeeper and sideline carnivorous plants guy. I'm in California but spent much of my life in South Africa and want to get set up with tarantula, scorpions etc.. Here's my site

http://webpages.charter.net/tvaughan/

And pics

http://www.pbase.com/beekeeper

Steven Gielis
05-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Hello,

I am new here! Steven like my already mentions... I am from Belgium, Europe. Student aand to much busy with all kind of animals...

Greetings,

Steven

galeogirl
05-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Hi, I'm Galeogirl (aka Paige). I've been keeping inverts for several years. I love OW ts and have a special interest in African species.

When I'm not being all nerdy about my pets, I'm being nerdy about culinary alchemy and books and my various projects. Paralegal/entrepreneur/supermommy.

Bluethunder
06-01-2005, 12:29 AM
I am a newbie to this board...but not to my favorite "critters". I have always been fasinated by spiders, herps, bugs etc. I live just outside of Los Angeles, CA. My current stock is 1 blue tounge skink and my "prize" an adult T. Blondi. She is a real killer and chows down on mice like they were gumdrops. I got this beauty from a garbage man for BFI. Believe it or not, he found it in a dumpster about a year ago. It had been there at least several weeks...still living in the broken terrarium that was it's home. It has had 2 molts since then and is about 8 inches. I paid the garbage man 10 bucks for it. She is very healthy now and impressive. Look for me to post a pic of it in the near future.

TacehT
06-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Hi... im emily known as taceht, im 29... im an artist and i have my first goliath pink toe... she is in her molting i had made a post but she isnt looking to good.. I have rasied other spider types but never any T's. I have had a range of poison to none... since i was 3 years old i have found myself just so intrested in spiders...
i was told to come here from someone on my Live Journal and for Angara my pink toe might be to late but for my next ones to come will help me greatly soo anyway i just wanted to say hello !

bengi68
06-01-2005, 12:41 PM
im 30 years old and have 3 little girls. we own 5 tarantulas 2 scorpions a rotti and a siamese cat. we love spiders

monster taranto
06-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi i am audi form puerto rico , since little i loved and admired spiders and also insects. i have kept puerto rican pigmy tarantulas from the farm of my grandfather and and puerto rican birdeating spiders that i have captured there and succesfully kept them for long time. i have even captured back widows even though they are not endemic from here and have bred them and kept them for over a year with success. Right now i am looking for purseweb spiders to breed and folding doors spiders but is difficult to find someone who sefind them for me i will actually offer whatever in exchange for purseweb spiders even tarantulas endemic to puerto rico. I am a recent menber but i would like to share my passion of spiders with others and to hear about other also

Ravienne
06-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Howdy, all! My name is Josh, and I'm a 20-year old university student. Sad to say, I don't have any cute little invertebrates right now. I had a sweet little Chilean Rose in my youth, and I loved her. My mom said she was the best pet we had ever owned: no barking, no scratching, and about a dollar a month to feed. In the last year or so, I've rediscovered the hobby through the internet. I would really like to start a collection soon; problem is, next semester I'm moving into a room in a guy's house (nice house!) and he's not sure yet if he's comfortable with creepie crawlies in the house, no matter how cute they are.

I'm interested in music (it's my major), dancing badly, singing, listening to wierd alt bands, eating cookies, looking at pretty spiders, and Facebooking cute women. Actually, I just joined this board to meet girls. Is it working yet?

My ambition is to become a Broadway musical superstar and own an extensive collection of OW tarantulas named after Sesame Street characters. The crowning jewel would be a Goliath Pinktoe named Mr. Smiley.

Cheers!
-ravienne

EDIT: Just a note: The Rio Grande Gold in the picture on the caresheets here is one of the mose beautiful spiders I've ever seen. I MUST HAVE ONE!

MattM
06-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Hey all,

i'm Matt. 22 years, live in the Netherlands.
My main interest is Scorpions, got 14 of them atm.

Hoping to find some good info over here, and I doubt I will {D

06-03-2005, 11:31 PM
hey all...i suppose i should do as it says and introduce myself. I'm james i'm 22 from Indiana. I work full time as a paramedic which i love doing, i'm married to a wonderfull girl who is extremely patient with me and my "babies". i would like to thank everyone for posting such usefull information. thanks

Orb Weaver
06-04-2005, 03:36 AM
Hi Arachnoboards,

my name is Christian and I am from Germany (a city named Kamen, near Dortmund, if anybody knows). I am 26 years old and I am currently studying computer science. I also used to work as a programmer until I started to study.

I am not married nor do I have offspring, but I do live in a long time relationship (11 years).

I acquired my first 8-legged pal about 8 months ago.

I came across this board while googling for arachnoinfos, since I am a spider freak. My join date was 01-05-2005. I don't post much, but read a lot.

Russ Thomas
06-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Hi Folks,

I am Russ.I am here because I hate scorpions!.......read,hated scorpions ! :confused: I have been reading these pages for a while now and of course have gotten totally immersed in these little critters.I have become totally fascinated by scorpions and cannot wait to get my own,probably the first of many as has been pointed out! {D
Probably the first will be a little red claw that I have seen and then will come the 'Emperor'....... :razz:

Thanks for a great forum and for the great source of valuable information, thanks guys and gals !

Regards,

Russ

T1gers
06-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Hey. I have 4 tarantulas they are Metalica Pinktoe, Redrump, B.Smithy and Pampas Black. I know a fair bit about them all apart from the pampas black i cant find any information on this type. I have been told that it is like a chiliean rose or a Brazilian Black.

Can anyone help me? any advise on the Pampas black would be great full.

Cirith Ungol
06-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Hiya folks!

Some on here know me by my real name... that's most people I've sent a pm... At times I can be a bit silly.

Hm... I'm born the same year Picasso died... erm... If I'm good enough at university might become a language teacher some day... hmmm :? I wear glasses which constantly get smeared by my fatty fingers... I wanna cut my long hair soon... and... :? my bed is 45cm high. If I buy some I can usually drink several liters of milk in one day.. hm. What more?

The arctic circle is only about 200 km away, I speak neither of the two neighbouring countries languages but I understand the one spoken to the west.
I have a cat, snakes, scorpions, common spiders, tarantulas, cockroaches, mites and pillbugs (I love them all dearly and usually in the evening I even go and tuck in all the mites)...

Oh, I almost forgot! The light in the kitchen is on and I have no bathtub!

PinkNailPolish
06-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Hello. I'm Jackie. I live in CA. I had tarantulas for a few years, but it's been a while now. I'm currently expecting a spiderling Brachypelma smithi who is due to hatch from the egg sack sometime this summer. I also want to get a few others, but I haven't decided yet. Well, it's nice to be here. I'll be posting quite a bit. :)

mebebraz
06-05-2005, 05:44 AM
Welcome to the boards and enjoy.....

rosehaired1979
06-05-2005, 06:28 AM
Hey Jackie glad to see you joined. You will finds tons of info here heck you may even find the spider you can't think of ;) Well I will see ya on AOL and the Boards :D

VoodooFuneral
06-05-2005, 01:50 PM
I am a newbie to this board...but not to my favorite "critters". I have always been fasinated by spiders, herps, bugs etc. I live just outside of Los Angeles, CA. My current stock is 1 blue tounge skink and my "prize" an adult T. Blondi. She is a real killer and chows down on mice like they were gumdrops. I got this beauty from a garbage man for BFI. Believe it or not, he found it in a dumpster about a year ago. It had been there at least several weeks...still living in the broken terrarium that was it's home. It has had 2 molts since then and is about 8 inches. I paid the garbage man 10 bucks for it. She is very healthy now and impressive. Look for me to post a pic of it in the near future.

Hi Blue Thunder- Thank you and your friend for rescuing this living creature. It restores my faith in people, whom I normally hate in general. :) But that's another thread. :D Glad she's okay and HUGE. :clap:

armand
06-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Hi guys! I'm new to the T. world and would surely benefit from all your expertise.
I have two t.s-a Brachypelma Vegan and a Chilian Rosehair. Both are wonderful girls and I love them both. I live in New Mexico and have never had the opportunity to have any spiders till now.
Both were trades for other animals I had and they are both adults. One question I have that I was not seeing on the beginner questions was this- my redrump started to molt this morning and I wondered how long it normally takes for an adult to complete the molt? She is completely motionless right now.

Arachnoboards
06-05-2005, 11:13 PM
Hey All,

This thread is ONLY for introductions. Please post questions in the appropriate forum and please post your lists in the appropriate thread.

Thanks and WELCOME to all our new members! :)

The Arachnoboards Team

Heartfang
06-06-2005, 01:28 AM
Hello everyone!

I am currently seventeen and live in Hollister, California. I am currently working as a tutor for kids that are having trouble in school. My interests include tarantula collecting, building computers, and playing video games. Lots and lots of video games! Ahem... In the future, I hope to attend a four year college and get a degree in business and accounting. Then I hope to attend a police academy until I am ready to become what I have wanted to be since I was four years old... a police officer.

Well, I think that's all I have to tell you for now. If you have any questions, just PM me!

mbthorman
06-07-2005, 12:35 AM
I think my profile describes me. I'm interested in arthropods in general. My blog is slowly taking shape and I'm learning HTML. Hope soon to get a photoblog and then a website. But we still lose electricity several times a day and (lately) water almost all day and the telephone lines are slow, noisy, old with antique switching and relay equipment so time on-line gets difficult. I'm running out of room for my cockroaches. Two very large species - the giant Peruvian cockroach (A. tesselata) and an as yet unidentified burrowing roach. Need to sell some of these guys or they will wind up as feeders for my pet coatimundi, Nelly. Anyone want some neat giant cockroaches? Cheap! But you need to pay shipping costs from Costa Rica.

chi

SqueakMaan
06-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Hi all, I only recently joined the hobby when someone left a spider on my desk at work. Though I have always been interested in spiders and other arachnids. I'm 19 years old and about to go into my third year at Radford University, where I am majoring in Biology. Unfortunatey, spider, among many others, are not allowed to be kept in the dormitories; so it may be a while before I am able to get a T of my own.

Psoulocybe
06-07-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm a bit new here, though I've lurked for a long long time.

I used to keep some Ts back in the day, and today am ordering some stuff from swifty.

I used to keep mostly Poecilotheria species.

Thanks for the cool site.

N!Nj4_M!k3
06-07-2005, 07:23 PM
howdy yall,

My name's Mike I'm 17, and I hail from the Lone Star State of Texas. No, i dont have horses.
i've been interested in all sorts or insects since i was little, but thanks to parents who were afraid of spiders, scorpions, or anything else that looked angry and was a bug, my bug collecting days were few and far between.

I'm new to the forum scene, but not to keeping insects. But as they say, we only know something, when we realize we know nothing.

or something like that.
Here are my babies:
2 Emperor Scorpions
1 Usambara Baboon
1 Goliath Bird Eater
1 Giant African Millipede
3 Female Blackwidows
1 Texas Striped Centipede (made up name, i just found it outside and have no idea what it is. :} )

and hopefully soon i'll have 2 specimins of the Smeringurus Mesaenis (Dune Scorpion) the true white-light blue Arizona variety (cant wait!)

I'm real excited to be a part of such a large group of people and hope to learn as much as i can help.

SinisterSpiders
06-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Not new here but I will introduce myself anyways.
Jessica age 21, Residing in BC Canada.
My collection is here. http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=68&page=4&pp=15
Currently trying to narrow this down to Poecilotheria only.

jay_zonx
06-08-2005, 02:04 AM
hi all...

im jason. 25 years old. living in malaysia. i currently have

2 zebras, 2 rose hair, 2 redknee, 1 trap door spider, 1 mexican fireleg, 1 thailand black. getting versicolour and t.blondi this month hopefully. hahaha!

glad to know u guys. im sure i can learn alot from u guys. im a newbie! :?

kev
06-08-2005, 06:15 AM
wassup people?

i have just getting into keeping scorpion?a
Hairy Desert Scorpion - Hadrurus arizonensis i getting (ANY INFO,EQUIPMENT NEEDED, WELCOME?)

my name is,kevin, i live in south wales,greatbritian,uk?

this site looks a really good one?so lets see what's what?as i new to scorpions???? :

see you all later people?? ;P

Asphyxia
06-08-2005, 07:04 AM
Aloha.

Asphyxia's ma nick, as you all can see. Rl name's Claudia.
Rather new to this forum and to be honest, not all that active.

Been here on this very planet since 22 yrs back, and plan to stick around for a bit longer. Alltho I crashed down in Sweden im doin ma best to get that engine runnin so I can be off again. Spent a yr in NL but moved back to Swe to finish ma school.
Atm im in Spain, gna spend the summer here. Since I'm not that keen on cold weather, I will most likely move down here nexxt summer, depending on how I thrive here - that is.

Atm, I share dumpster with one cat, one iguana iguana, two rats and one b. smithi.

Ah well, that was a weei bit bout me, not that I think u care... heh...

Take care now.
Cheers,

// Asphyxia

Herps&Inverts
06-09-2005, 03:34 AM
Hey everyone! So, I'm a 20 year old female living in Oklahoma. I have been attending college for the past 5 years. I am majoring in Veterinary Medicine with my emphasis in Immunology, Disease and Microbiology. I'm also double majoring in french (call it a hobby, lol). I live with my grandparents who support my love/addiction to animals. May God bless them for their patients...for it is never-ending. As it stands we have:

1.1 Dogs~Boots (Lab/Dal mix) and Karrey (Catahoula Leopard)
0.1 Cat~Mixyi
6.4 Hairless Rats~Winkin, Rex, Noodle, Kanga, Freddy, Ricky, Crystal, Blinkin', Cy, Vyolet
4.3.1 Crested Geckos~Tyco, Pistachio, Rosco, Skipper, Delilah, Foxy, Ginger,
Jacque(s)
0.1 Albino Burmese Python~Sierra
0.1 G. rosea~Octavia
0.1 A. avicularia~Socks

As I write this, I am attempting to snag a job as a Vet Tech at our local office that deals with Exotics. I'm not the cat/dog-office kinda gal, lol. I also run a tutoring business from my house which I have devoted to underprivildged families. In my spare time I breed the critters I have. Right now Sierra is the only burm in my house...but some of my other burms are scattered about. I hope to breed her with a remote Granite 100% het albino this coming season. The cresteds breed non-stop. We've got some great lookin' babies cookin' already!!

I guess that's it...pretty long list, but its hard to sum up my entire life's work in one small paragraph.

~Sam

Grimlock
06-09-2005, 04:00 AM
Welcome and enjoy your stay. I know I have and surely you will too. Very good people here.

;) Sounds like your houehold is filled with fun.

Gesticulator
06-09-2005, 07:22 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This feels a little weird, but here it goes. I'm brand new to this forum, and I know I will be back. I'm a Teacher Of The Deaf in The Big Apple. My first T was an Avic Avicularia, and it was for my (then) 10 year old daughter. She did a school project and wanted to overcome her fear. It's now 3 years later, and the fascination is in full fledge. I think am more into it than she is. Of course my little boy now has his "own" few Ts as well. With today's delivery of 3 more, the grand total will be 11 tarantulas.
My husband will not have anything to do with the spiders, and has no clue how many we have.
My next dilemna is how to get some sort of shelf system in the house inconspicuously as the table tops in my kid's rooms is getting kinda full!

Please to meet Y'all!

ArachnidAngie
06-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Hi. I'm ArachnidAngie. I have a Mexican Red-leg, Roja, for sixteen years. Can someone answer some questions for me? She molted on May 27 after missing her molt last year and was EXTREMELY weak afterwards. She has since drank water and eaten 2 crickets and seems stronger. I've never seen her act this way and that's why I'm concerned. I really thought she was going to die and I hated to see her suffer but she's better now. This is the third time she skipped a molt in sixteen years. Did she take long to recover because of her age? Does anyone have a guess as to how old she could be? THANKS for helping!

Meribre
06-11-2005, 02:18 AM
Hi All!
My name is Mario and I live near Frankfurt/Germany. I joined this magnificent forum :worship: a few days ago to meet T. fans from all over the world. My interests are: tarantulas, reptiles, aquarium and Egyptian history. A few months ago I started with 1 B. emilia which was supposed to be my one and only tarantula :wicked: However, up to now I take care of 22 individuals {D I'm confident that this community will assist me in providing the best possible conditions for my beloved ones :D
I look forward to become an active part of this community.
Cheers,
Mario :)

Melmoth
06-11-2005, 06:41 AM
Hi. I'm ArachnidAngie. I have a Mexican Red-leg, Roja, for sixteen years. Can someone answer some questions for me? She molted on May 27 after missing her molt last year and was EXTREMELY weak afterwards. She has since drank water and eaten 2 crickets and seems stronger. I've never seen her act this way and that's why I'm concerned. I really thought she was going to die and I hated to see her suffer but she's better now. This is the third time she skipped a molt in sixteen years. Did she take long to recover because of her age? Does anyone have a guess as to how old she could be? THANKS for helping!

I shuldreally be answering this in the T questions section of the forum,Angie,but if your Red-Leg was adult when you got her,they can live to 30 years or so. Welcome to Arachnoboards :D

George

odinn7
06-13-2005, 08:21 AM
Just found the board about a week ago and I decided to sign up. I've had a G. rosea since '95 and in February of this year I got a young H. lividum. I am now in the market for a B. smithi (much to the dismay of my wife) and hope to attain one within the month. I think Ts are real cool to look at and study and I've always had a respect for spiders but despite the fact that I like them, I still can't bring myself to pick any up. It's like a love-hate relationship.
Well, I think I'll go back to lurking...

Puppet Master
06-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Hi My name is Jayme, I live in So, Oregon, I am new to this site but not new to Tarantulas, I have had one for about 4 years and I just picked up a new one,

Nia
06-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi, I am Nia... aka Robin for those of you who attended the 2005 ATS conference in Phoenix. Went to the conference and came home with around 15 different critters lol. I ate way too many of Nyx's skittles and bounced off walls {D, flirted horrible with Fred, and caught some A. chalcodes with Graham and Darkeye, learned tons from wonderful Heather, also meet John with the gorgeous pictures and Satankin (sp) Debbie, and I saw G. demonstrate his breadstick trick and know the story behind it lol. If you meet me while I was at the conference give a holler so I can say Hi back at you.... and you can tell me how to travel around these boards (first time on any board).

so... critters I have at the moment... (and I've only been an invert owner 14 months!)
G. rosea (female), C. cyanopubescens, T. pruriens, L. parahybana, G. aureostriata, B. smithi (female), B. albopilosum, B. auratum, B. emilia, P. regalis, P. cambridgei, A. versicolor, 2 E. campestrata (1 female), G. pulchra, A. anax, Aphonepelma sp. (New Mexican Blonde), 1 corn snake, 3 forest asian scorps, 2 emperor scorps, and 2 "I wanna be a tarantula" Australian terriers.

Expecting any day from the conference...
T. purpurea, B. smithi, A. seemani, G. aureostriata, 3 H. spinnifer scorps, 1 H. arizonisus scorp, 1 wc V. spinigerius scorps, 1 wc V. confusus scorp, 3 wc A. chalcodes, 1 p. murinus (OBT), L. parahybana, 1 Aphonepelma sp. (Carlsbad Green)... did I tell you I spent way too much money at the conference?

Nia

bistrobob85
06-15-2005, 12:12 AM
Hehey, hello folks!! I'm Phil and i'm from the Montréal region ( Quebec, Canada ). I'm 19 and i'm pretty much into reptiles!! I'm a member of the Montreal Herpetological association as well as the Estrie Herpetological Association. I work in a pet store in which i am responsible of the Reptile/Invertebrates department. I have a great interest in tarantulas, centipedes and other arthropods. As for the rest, i'm going to University in next september in Cinema Scenario Writting. I like rocks, i like music, i like water, i like fire, i like the wind, i like pretty girls, i like plants and basically all animals.

phil.

spydrhunter1
06-15-2005, 09:54 AM
I am a the Public Health Entomologist for the state of West Virginia. My job is to track insect and tick bornes diseases in state, but I get question about spider bites, insect infestations, etc. Personally I currently have 8 tarantulas (4 Rosies, 1 B. smithi, 1 Ceratogyrus bechuanicus, 1 A. seemani, 1 male Avivularia sp.), several dozen Madagascar hissing roaches, approximately 50 Latrodectus mactans, 1 Mastigoproctus gigantea, 1 Dolomedes sp., and 15 hermit crabs. Willing to trade widows for other species of Latrodectus.

Fini
06-15-2005, 11:43 AM
A week ago I don't think I would have imagined myself spending time on a forum devoted to big hairy spiders, but hey. You never know what your missing until you've tasted a little of it right? (I spent about four hours yesterday reading on here..don’t tell the boss, oh wait. That’s me.)

Soooo, I was in Berkeley, CA last weekend for a concert (Wilco) and wandered over to the East Bay Vivarium (big herp shop). While I was gazing into all of the enclosures I came upon a section dedicated to big hairy spiders and decided to give it a good looksie. [It's important for you to know now that I am horrified of spiders] I couldn't believe how interesting they were. I observed a fat goliath tear into something (perhaps a pinky) and it was curious in a primordial kind of way. [I watch my geckos eat all the time, and I don't get that kind of buzz from it] At any rate I get home and recall the spiders and did a little looking on the internet. Luckily I find a couple of sites that eventually got me here. Here! You have one hell of a community here. I love it. The conversation is interesting and the subject; something of my nightmares. Again, I love it!

So right now, I can't wait to dive into "T" ownership. My only obstacle..the W.I.F.E. Once she's been pacified it's a call to Botar for my G. pulchra (lets start with something that doesn't want to eat me first).

I'm so glad I found this! Cheers!
Chris

Streetfighterz
06-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Dan, and i live in Missouri. I have been visiting this forum for the past couple of days and I really enjoy reading the different posts, i am learning alot. I have been interested in buying a G. Rosea for a pet, since i have read that they are docile. Easy to take care of, my only problem is talking my girlfriend in to letting me get one. Any suggestions, to convince her to let me get a tarantula?
Hope to chat with other members,
Dan :)

odinn7
06-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Dan, do what I did originally...I just went out and got one. Of course she flipped out on me when she came home from work and saw it but hey, that was her problem. I had to listen to the yelling and cursing for an hour or so and then she got over it. She's gotten over it to the point of allowing me to get a second one this past winter and now I'll be getting a third one soon without incident. She still doesn't like them but she's learned to deal with having them in the house.
Good luck.

army_wife51b
06-16-2005, 09:32 PM
please excuse me if i am posting incorrectly...i haven't seen this format before--i'm a regular on livejournal.com and am used to seeing that every day.
well, if i works, here goes:
i am 19 years old and married to my wonderful army hubby who is 22. we have a son together, he just turned one in may.
we have been collecting tarantulas for a little over three years now, although it is not my choice hobby i am slowing becoming fond of it since i have been left to take care of our 12 tarantulas while he is deployed to iraq.
i really enjoy music a lot and intend to begin college this fall to pursue a major in it.
other than that, i am your typical martha stewart housewife.

i kinda find this funny, since i bought my husband his first tarantula...however i guess not all women are as easy going as me? lol.
hmm...let her know that the G. rosea is very common and non-threatening...they are not poisonous and generally, well don't do much but sit in their cages and collect dust i guess.
hey, i lived in MO at one point too. just thought that was cool.
and i see i did not post my entry correctly...how do i fix it?????

nomad85
06-18-2005, 01:15 PM
I am Kyle 20 yrs, and I am in Indiana. I dont have any t's had a rose hair that I bought for my little brother, but he killed it.. I'm here for the roaches. and to possibly catch the tarantula bug... I keep discoids,hissers(normals,giants,tigers and blacks), lobsters, and six spotteds. Looking to get some orange spotteds and surinams soon. heres my list of animals.
• 1.0.1 Bearded Dragons
• 0.1 Ball Python
• 0.1 Red Tailed Boa
• 1.0 Corn Snake
• 1.0.1 Green Iguanas
• 0.0.1 Kei Island BTS
• 1.0 Vieled Chameleon
• 1.0 African Fat-Tailed Gecko
• 0.1 Tokay Gecko
• 0.0.4 Crested Geckos
• 2.2 Sugar Gliders

Mad Dog
06-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Hello all.

My name is kevin. Im 27 and live in uk (norwich).
I have learned lots from reading what is already posted and would like to thank you all for helping me already.
I have 2 emperor scorpions about an inch long named genghis and fluffy. Both are doing well, had them 3 weeks now.

Wisdom16
06-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Hi everyone, I currently keep high predatory fish and am planning on getting an Emporer Scorpion in the next week or two after the tank is set-up. I am also planning on other inverts, but haven't decided yet.

BooYaKa
06-21-2005, 10:59 AM
:eek: I lost this thread some time ago :D
My name is Andrew, I live in Poland and I'm 17. I keep some pets in my room:

Scorpions:
Androctonus australis
Androctonus bicolor
Babycurus jacksoni
Hottentotta polystictus
Hottentotta hottentotta
Buthus barbouri
Mesobuthus martensii
Mesobuthus gibbosus
Lychas mucronatus
Lychas sp.
Liocheles australasiae
Liocheles nigripes
Hadogenes bicolor
Hadogenes troglodytes
Hadogenes paucidens
Pandinus imperator
Pandinus viatoris
Pandinus cavimanus
Iomachus politus
Euscorpius italicus
Euscorpius carpathicus

Spiders:
Brachypelma albopilosum
Hysterocrates gigas
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Poecilotheria ornata
Poecilotheria fasciata
Stromatopelma calceatum
Davus fasciatus
Acanthoscurria geniculata
Theraphosa blondi
Aphonopelma seemani
Latrodectus hesperus
Nephila sp.

Other:
Iguana iguana
Ceratophrys ornata
My dog :)

Now I'm working about my scorpion-website. It will be first and the best site in my country.

Cheers!

Kasha
06-24-2005, 03:46 AM
Hello all, I am a 29 year old Alaskan resident who has recently become the "mom" to millipedes. A giant black and a.....well a mystery milli. Nice to meet you all!

Arachnoheebs
06-24-2005, 08:34 AM
Hey to all...
I had a strange 1st experience yesterday. After working all day, I came home to find a mature male Avic Avic who decided he would have a POST-ultimate molt! Little <poo poo>!! Well, after a little surgical procedure, he is fine. However, he had already ripped off a pedipalp and one of his legs. He was stuck on one side and started to harden, needless to say, he appears as if he's a minor stroke, but getting around his home ok. We will see. ???? Any advise?? I will post personal info about us later!
Thx....
The Arachnoheeb Family

demicheru
06-25-2005, 04:38 AM
hm. i'm 23 (i'm pretty sure...it's late). i'm starting my final year as an electrical engineering student and am currently very excited because a) i just got hired at Jet Propulsion Laboratories for the summer and b) for my senior project, i get to build a home-made Segway. I've been been interested in inverts/herps for a while, but am just now getting to the point where it's fiscally appropriate to keep my own. i don't have many now, but, after spending the past month or so reading about all the really amazing t's and scorps out there, i think i'll get quite a few.

more about me....um, i really like my old toys still [transformers, legos(i really want the Ferrari Enzo lego set), etc] and i read more than just about anyone i know. atm, i'm a (much) bigger math dork than i am an invert dork, but that could change.

oh, here's sort of what i look like.
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=474910&postcount=3316

-philip

aranchedude
06-27-2005, 07:44 AM
hi {D my name is arjun i live in india and am only 14yrs i ve had an intrest in spider since i was twelve i joined arachnoboars 4 all info possible i have only one wild caught signature spider that is a year old and has moulted once or twice it is a female just a little more than an inch

Lunatia
06-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Hi, I'm Sebastien Van Hoorebeke , i'm 20 and live in Belgium and study Psychology. I've been interested in Arachnids since i started watching NGC at the age of 14 but i haven't been able to acquire one while i live in my parents house :wall: but i'm moving out soon to my own place and i will start with some scorps then. I'm thinking of getting a Hadrurus arizonensis or a Smeringurus mesaensis, i still have to make up my mind :)

I'm offcourse planning once i'm feeling comfortable around scorps (not handling wise but security wise comfortable :rolleyes: ) to try to get a Hottentotta jayakari salei (they look amazing imo) even tho i don't know if they are available :)

Well thats about it.

Greetings

king7
06-27-2005, 01:45 PM
hi my names jordan from Blackpool,uk.im 23 years old,have a girlfriend and 2 kids.been keeping tarantula's for ten years and still learning.joining the forums to learn more about tarantula's and peoples experiences with them,share pics ect.

cya around :)

furryscaly
06-27-2005, 06:03 PM
What's happenin? I'm Matt. New here, but not new to inverts. Been keeping small exotic pets all my life. I'm 19 and from North Dakota, but now I'm in the Air Force and life in Maryland. I have over 50 pets, most of them herps. Very interested in Ts, scorps, and pretty much any creepy crawly, but alas, the fanciest T I've ever kept is an A. seemani :rolleyes:

cloud711
06-28-2005, 03:54 AM
hi everyone im roy from the Philippines. Im 20 years old. a newbie who's very interested in having a pet tarantula and scorpion. Right now i dont have any, but im planning on getting one soon. It's hard to find a petshop selling t's here in the Philippines. :( I hope that more people in the Philippines would become ineterested in T's.

refnulf
06-28-2005, 04:29 AM
Hey there, Im Refnulf from Malaysia and I have been reading numerous threads on the arachnoboards for the past week or so and I have learnt alot about tarantulas {D Anyway, I decided to register today because I will be acquiring a Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula on Saturday :wicked: Well, a spiderling but I hope that it'll be alright with me till it grows up a little. It's about 2cm legspan.

I am new to tarantulas and had no clue whatsoever about them a week or so ago but I think I have an idea on what to do and where to go for help if I ever need it. The dealer that's selling me the spiderling is a friend and he has about 600+ tarantulas. Most of em are wildcaught and he's been a ton of help as well with the amount of questions I've been asking him over the last couple of days.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any information about rearing spiderlings although I've already read what I could find online. I thought I'd start with a docile taratula first before moving on to the tarantula that I really like (the King Baboon) :clap: Might be a while before I'm experienced enough to handle him.

All in all, great to be here and I think you guys are very experienced in this field. I've gone through a ton of threads and have been very well informed about Ts :) You guys rock.

lamontdecol
06-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Im new to this site, or any spider site for that matter. I have gotten myself a computer now and am ready to jump into the spider superhighway. Im from louisiana but work in texas so I get a great varity of spiders to play with. Im also a fan of scorpions and snakes. Well glad to be in a great community and hope to learn some things.

Lamont

Droften
06-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Hello everyone my name is Droften and I am impressed to see so many people in a site for tarantula's! I own several and spend allot of time with them, most of my family thinks I am crazy for keeping such exotic pets. Oh well I can see by the number of members here that I am not alone!

reptimike
06-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Hello All ,

My name is Michaël 26 years old married and i have a boy Tjorvën who is 8 months old .
I live in Brugges Belgium and work there as well .
Have retaking an old hobby witch now i'm on the market again with spiderlings from a.versicolor and p.irminia .

greetz to you all

weyman93
06-30-2005, 08:09 PM
hi my name is weyland - (weyman93)...

I am new here but I read lots from my dad - (darkeye) and others.
my first turantula was a chilean rose.

I keep scorps too.....

if anyone could post under my name that would be great

TwiztidKitty
06-30-2005, 10:12 PM
hi im kasey we just got a pink toe and im looking to learn more if ONLY IT WILL LET ME POST thank you

SpiderTös
07-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Hmmm, hate to wright introductions, I´m a swedish girl, soon to turn 19.
Loves arachnids (my friends think that I´m nuts :? )
Has the best job ever, am working with tropical animals and breeds spiders on my spare time (I know, I´m obcessed with animals)

Other than that I listen to music and really is a quite boring person!!

(what people reed these things???)

Have a great one!!
//Lizette.

newneo_arek
07-03-2005, 05:39 AM
Hi, my name is Arek. I'm kept and breed tarantulas over 4 years. I have tens of species and I love them ;-) Also, I have a lot of snakes - corn snakes and boa constrictors. Me and me friend create a website for terrarists in Poland - www.terrarysta.com.pl - This is one of the most popular websites in Poland! Join us!
www.terrarysta.com.pl/forum

Arachnoboards
07-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Me and me friend create a website for terrarists in Poland - www.terrarysta.com.pl

Welcome to AB!! :)

I think you might have meant terrariums. ;)

Arachnoboards .... bridging the language barrier. :D

The Arachnoboards Team

shark72mar
07-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Anyone with advice,

Hi, my name is Jay. I am interested in purchansing some tarantulas, but I'm not sure what type to start with. I'll probably start off with five. Should I make them all the same kind, if not what kind should I choose. I want something docile, but I prefer an active dangerous one over a harmless one that does nothing. So far it looks like the pink toes, mexican red knee's, the rose hairs, and the curly hairs are what I'm aiming at. What do you think?

webber
07-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi all!

I've been lurking on the boards for a few weeks, so I think it might finally be time for me to get my first T!

Anyone else from Richmond?

Arachnoboards
07-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Everyone:

Please read THIS POST (http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=451584&postcount=1) and THIS POST (http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=463997&postcount=51) BEFORE you post in this thread.

Thanks,

The Arachnoboards Team

Galapoheros
07-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Glad to find this forum! I'm 41 and have been buggin since I can remember. I have always been interested in reptiles, amphibians, insects and arachnids. It has always been fascinating for me to sit and watch these animals. Even plants are cool to me. But a plant has to be kind of weird and unusual for me to be interested in it. I like to road hunt at night for arthropods and snakes or anything interesting crossing the road. Even though I have this interest, I have never been "hard-core" about it. I only like to have 2 or 3 things at a time. Right now I have a Scolopendra heros heros I found in W. tx. (I live in Cedar Park Tx.), 4 Vinegarones, two Hognose snakes (along with 6 Hognose snake eggs!), and one Texas Alligator lizard. I had three Texas Alligator lizards but let 2 escape. These are neat lizards. I let a gravid female get lose. Two of the Vinegarones I have are captive breed. That was interesting to watch. I had the mother Vini in a fish bowl 3/4ths full of dirt, so I could see through the glass and watch the babies hatch. They were in there about a year! I let the rest go in my backyard. I was looking for an answer to a problem I am having with centipedes I catch. I have had several castaneiceps and heros centipedes but they only last several months. Then they die. It looks like they get mites and then they get weak. I know to give them plenty of water. That's not the problem. Maybe I am keeping it too moist? Anybody else have this problem before. The mites first colonize the soft body parts until there is no more room. Then, eventually they cover about half the surface area of the pede. I think they came from a container of meal worms I had. Just don't know. I am keeping the pede I have now at a lower humidity and seems to be doing ok so far. Just wondered if anybody else has had a mite problem with their pede. I like to post pictures but my FTP software has a problem right now. I will work on that. I don't think there are any publications about how long Vini's live. I'm going to see how long I can keep these alive. Already 2 years old. Other than that, I'm pretty boring. Ha! Well, other hobbies: Guitar..1977 Les Paul..YEA! (finally learned Stairway to Heaven), like restoring old stuff and like to think about winning the lottery.

Willy Wonka
07-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Hello everybody {D
My real name is Martin and i come from the Netherlands

Hope i learn more here ( shure will)
Sorry for my bad english i am doing my best :wall:

greetings to all and auf wieder snitzel :?

Farom
07-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Hey everyone.. my name is Andrew and im from Northern California....and..uh...im not sure what else to say...

Thanks,
Andrew

Ann
07-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm Ann. I'm a high school librarian in Connecticut with two sons, ages 4 and 7. I'm pretty new to tarantulas, so I'm very happy to have come across this forum!

thanci
07-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Hi everyone. My name is Paul, I'm 24, and I'm keeping tarantulas for over 2 years and I never done anything better :P I hope that the time which I spend on this web will not be a mistake (especially for me :)) 'cuz all kind of knowledge is needed :)

innocence lost
07-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Hi all,

Im new here, just checking things out!

SpyderGST
07-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Hey all,
From the state of corn & dirt, Indiana! I love this place, lots of help and photos. I'm 27 and work on the railroad. I currently have three T's and one turtle.

Genevieve
07-08-2005, 04:21 PM
I'm new, as of about 5 seconds ago. I have one Rose haired tarantula named Chela that I've had for about a 1 1/2 yrs. She just shed so shes all shiny and pretty again. I really love spiders and I would love to get a Goliath Bird eater.
So any and all information regarding these giangantic and amazing arachnids would be wonderful. I am also a member of Redtailboa.net and I currently own
RTB. 1.1.0
Cornsnake 0.0.1
Pueblan milk snake. 1.0.0
Royal(ball) pythons. 0.0.2
Brown basilisk. 0.0.1
Whites tree frog.

{D

Pepperyfox
07-14-2005, 02:54 PM
It was a dark and stormy night in a galaxy far far away...

I suppose that beginning's a bit over-done.

My name's Erin and I live in Keller, Texas. I just turned 22 on the 4th of July and am soon to apply to Veterinary College. I've been keeping tarantulas for over three years and am now thinking about a breeding project. Maybe Smithi's since I got a whooooooooooole bunch of 'em. Maybe A. Purpurea's.. who knows.
I'm very particular when it comes to my tarantulas and the species I keep. I like big beautiful varieties. If they are extremely colorful and gorgeous then I can get over them being only 5" in legspan. But only in that case.

Some Common Names of the Species I Currently Keep:

Green Bottle Blue
Mexican Red Knee
Mexican Flame Knee
Mexican Fireleg
Equadorian Purple (A. purp)
Giant Black and White (A. Gen)
Antilles Pink-Toe (He's for sale)

Some Species I am looking to purchase or trade for:

Gooty Ornamental
More Equadorian Purples
Mexican Orange Beauty

See you all on the boards,
Erin

spideyboy
07-16-2005, 03:25 AM
hey everyone! im jared and i live in central jersey. im going to be a junior at the university of pennsylvania where im majoring in biology and row on the lightweight crew team. i buy my spiders from Tommy at Eight Legs Plus ever since i met him at a show in white plains in 2001. when i was up at the july 10 show this year i met the arachnoadministrators and decided i should become a member! so here i am!
--jared :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

parabuthus
07-16-2005, 08:13 AM
Hey there,
Scorpion enthusiast here. I have one Emperor scorpion and one African Flat Rock scorpion.

I have a Giant Hairy Scorpion on it's way to me right now, and will be ordering probably a Shiny Burrowing Scorpion very shortly.

Glad to be here.

Twizted Paths
07-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Ya know how most women go shoe shopping or redecorate the house when they get totally stressed? I go to the pet store and redesign my critters' tanks. I always kinda wanted a scorpion since I'm a Scorpio and I was having a really bad month so I went to the pet store. The only thing they had that I didn't have and wanted was an Asian Forest scorpion, so I brought her ( and the 21 little babies she was hiding inside, sure she's just fat Mr. store keeper dude). Now I'm addicted. Actually it's worse than that, I'm going to breed her. All her babies died and I'm hoping to find out why in here somewhere.
My boyfriend wants to build a wall of tarantulas (which freak me out) and I want a wall of scorpions (which freak him out) so I'll be roaming around in here a lot.

Charnoble
07-17-2005, 04:58 PM
I'm Charnoble, but my close friends call me "THE HULK",

I am a current student at UC Irvine in Southern California and double majoring in Dance and Astrophysics. I just got my Chilean Rose and have enjoyed watching it sit in the corner for 12 hours, then reposition itself in the corner only to stay for another twelve. I was really excited when I found poop on the tank - good girl. I'm scared to get near it now after reading the bite threads. Time to bath. Adios peeps.

Yo,
Antonio Banderas

Shapedoctor
07-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi there. I like all kinds of animals. Ants are some of my favorites.

YouLosePayUp
07-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Hello all I have been collecting tarantulas for about a year now. I have just recently (2 days ago) purchased 4 more tarantulas from what I'm sure to be a dear friend in the long run. In the grand scheme of things our family now has Tarantulas: (A. geniculata, A. seemani, B. albopilosum, B. smithi, N. chromatus, G. rosea, G. Aureostriata, P. murinus) and a Scorpion: (P. imperator).

What I want to get: A. geroldi, A. versicolor, H. lividum, L. parahybana, P. irminia, and C. fasciatum just to name a few.

I would also like to thank Martin and Amananda lol sorry I had to, and all the other Presenters/attendees of the 2005 Canadian Arachnogathering. You were all wonderful, friendly, outgoing people. I personally cant wait for the next Arachnogathering, maybe I can stay for the BBQ next time.

Thanks Again,
Trevor

exotikisland
07-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi friends, I´m Manu from Majorca (Spain) I´m interested in Tarantulas, Roaches and Scolopendras I want learn together and make a new challenger in the investigation of arachnids way of living and caresheet. Sorry about my horrible English.

Best regards.

Empi
07-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Hello my name is Aaron and I am 20. I'm from Ferndale Washington. I have a emperor scorpion that just had 18 babys and I am looking to get a centipede in the near future. I also have an ant colony and a 55 gallon fish tank full of pirrana. I have raised hissing cockroaches and had some emps in the past. I have been checking out this site for about a week now and I am glad to see that I'm not the only one that likes bugs as pets. I look forward to talking to fellow bug lovers.

slingshot71
07-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Hello

My name is Kevin and I live in St. Louis, MO.
I had a rosie for about a year several years ago, but just recently began keeping T's again.
I've been lurking here for a few weeks and thought that I would finally introduce myself.

Zizkamaus
07-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Hey, my name is Kelli. I started with a Rose Haired Tarantula and worked my way over to an Emperor Scorpion this last Feb.

There I was assuming my fat scorp was a male until it kindly started squeezing out babies yesterday. We are up to 13 so far and she is still going. So I figured I need to get on the ball and find out how to raise my babies right.

Look forward to meeting some of you bug crazies!

Ciao.

Creeps&Crawls
07-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Hi my name is Raeth. Just looking around the sight.

Huk7
07-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Hi all!!!

My name is Howard and although I've been a visitor here for quite some time, I only joined yesterday.

I'm from Hampshire, United Kingdom.

I have been keeping and successfully breeding Arachnids for about 25 years now (I'm not that old, just started young!!!!)

Due to work commitments a few years ago, I had to sell my complete collection, but in the past couple of years have returned to it.

I now try my best to specialise (not always easy as there are so many good'uns out there!!)

My 'babies' are:

8" T.blondi (had since a 1.5" sling)
2x 3" T.blondi
2x 3" T.apophysis
4" C.cyanopubesence
3x A.versicolor

I like and have always had a soft spot for the 'biggies' temperament doesn't bother me at all.

Well that's enough from me for now, you are always more than welcome to get in touch for a chat.

Bye for now :)

blackwidow13
07-21-2005, 06:16 PM
hi,
Not only am I new to this board but I am also new to T's as well. My name is Sam and I am a 19/f from seattle Wa. I only own one spider at the moment but im i'm looking forward to getting more! I am also trying to learn as much as I can about them. so feel free to chat :)

wolfpak
07-22-2005, 12:03 AM
hi everyone :worship: i'm marc from the philippines, new to this board.
currently own 2 species of tarantulas. b. smithi and t. blondi. looking forward to add more species to my collection.

Czalz
07-22-2005, 04:33 PM
(1) love for God + (1) wife + (2) sons + (1) construction business + (1) pit bull + (100+) t's + (5) roach colonies + (many) other bugs + fishing poles + garden + motorcycle + many other things =

my life

beano3k
07-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Hey everyone i'm fairly new to T's but learning more everyday.:) i currently have 1 A. versicolor, 1 P. pulcher, 1 C. fasciatum, and 1 C. cyaneopubescens.

Tzitzimitl
07-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Hi, I'm Tzitzimitl (points to you if you know what I'm referencing, even more if you can pronounce it :) , just call me Zee if the handle gives you trouble), from Olympia, Washington.
I've been getting into this hobby slowly, just started last year with a G. rosea, and have only recently expanded my collection to an A avic, an A. seemani, and a G. aureostriata. My three-year-old daughter helps me feed them.
Anyway, this forum looks great, and I look foreward to being a part of the community.

jd_starcat
07-25-2005, 10:06 AM
I feel ackward posting an intro on a board I doubt I'll post on very much, but I guess its not a big deal.

My names Jade. I just turned 24 less than a week ago. I'm a mother and housewife living in Texas. My hobbies enlcude, video games (specifically those with the title Final Fantasy in them), web design, and online roleplaying.

I'm an internet addict and an anime and video game obsessie. I even named my daughter after a video game character.

I don't own any spiders, though we occasionally find wolf spiders around the house, or what I assume are wolf spiders of some type. We once found a mature Solifugae in the house, and I happened across a Solifugae spiderling in the tub once. I am thinking of getting a T eventually.. but its gonna take much thought and research, since I am /not/ a spider person.

And thats me.

Trance
07-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Hello :} My names Chris i'm 23 and live in Santa Barbara, California
I recentally purchased my First T (2 days ago) a G. Rosea. Her name is Nessi. Every few words i type i have to look over to see is shes doing something new {D
I have Many Many questions, I've read all the relevant threads
still a clueless Noob :o
I'm off to Leave a Post in the Appropriate Section

Great to Meet You All

Sequin
07-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Well hello
My name is meagan, im 16. I live in B.C canada.../I work at an ice cream stand( i know too great). Im still broke all the time because my addiction of T's, snakes, scorpions,lizards, geckos and the whole deal basically keeps my cash flow extremely small. I live in my own house, a few acres from my folks... Lets see, hobbies.... dont really have any... im all over the place, i get bored easy so i like to try everything. The reason im writing this right now, bored out of my mind. haha well PM me if you would like to chit chat... im always up for meeting new people....
~Meagan~

aliasx
07-26-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi my name is Niall and I am the antichrist. http://demonchurch.com :wicked: :evil: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LEVIS
07-26-2005, 08:38 PM
HI

Most people call me Mick or Levis. I'm 19 years old and live in Denmark.

I’ve kept tarantulas since 1998 and my main interest lies with the Ornithoctoninae subfamily as well as a few Poecilotheria species... My blood pressure is too high and I’m getting blood-thinning medicine (due to migraines) so I try not to get bit.

Other exiting trivia:
Suffer from constant migraines and insomnia.
Fell asleep during a Papa Roach concert (they really suck).
Fell asleep in the movie theatre during Matrix: Reloaded (it really sucks).
Fell asleep in the movie theatre during Matrix: Revolutions (it really, really sucks).
Spend a lot of my time watching Marx Brothers movies, Spaced, The Fearless Vampire Killers and amusing (as well as educational) chick-flicks.
Know a lot of the cheers from the movie Bring It On by heart (the ladies love it).

There… Now you know me.

prettykill
07-26-2005, 11:18 PM
I am actually half of a duo that has been posting for quite some time, but the details are unimportant. We have a collection of tarantulas and scorpions, as well as a housefull of other multilegged friends.
T's cover every end of the personality index from dulcid (red knees, G. pulchra) to demonic (Cobalt blue, OBT), with a few shy ones thrown in (four pokies).
As for the personal details, I am fortunate enough to have married my best friend many years ago, and we are currently completing our schooling and building our life together.

Marcelo
07-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Hi Tarantulas and scorpions lovers:

My hobby with exotic animals started 4 years ago, at that time I pretended to buy an iguana but the pet shop did not have any at that time, but I left the pet shop with my first chamaleon on my hands, and this brang me to buy more chams.

Then a year ago I bought my first pandinus imperator. The first time a saw one, it was back in 1993 in a shopping mall in Victoria B.C. Canada, I was so facinated with this little creature that I thingh to my self, I want to have one some day. at this time a have 3.

Then a week ago after spending lots of time searching in this great forum I deside to get my first G Rosea, shes very tinny, I think I will get a stripe knee in the near future.

Having pets brings lots of responsabilities, is not wait and see what happens, Good luck to all

Marcelo

XdreamXyouX
07-27-2005, 05:37 PM
well, i am relatively new to this site as well as a brand new owner of a chilean rosehair :) . she was a gift to me from a friend of mine. i just hope i can be a good enough owner like he was. but i'm here so i can hopefully have some questions answered and some anxieties relieved about owning a tarantula.

redknee_freak
07-27-2005, 06:43 PM
I originally made a post here but it was moved to my invert list. so I copy and paste the last part lol

Now about me.
I am Mark, is 29 yrs of age , I am into drywall, I like what I do
Well been collections T's for like 2 yrs now or really close. I have 12 at this point but have more on the way along with scorpions. I do breed C. hentzi scorpions, gotten lucky with it since I am recently new with them and had learn so much in a short amount of time.
I currently living in Sw Georgia for 1o yrs now , but originally from Philly Pa. moved from there for certian reasons.
I am also into snakes, turtles , lizards and aquariums aswell. Loves anything that has to do with nature. I love to go exploring around to see what i can find and catch. It'srare that I come home empty handed, but I don't always keep what I catch. My family called me Crocodile Mark or just Crocodile, but never had one though, but go figure ehhhh....
I also have 3 cats, 2 females and 1 male, so what I have cats. I love dogs as well, just waiting for the right time to get me one and searching around for a pure white husky.

Well I would go one but if I do this it would seem like to me thatI am filling out a personal ad lol

WARNING EVERONE I DO ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS AT TIMES.
cuz how am I suppose to know if I don't even ask.
plus I like to know what I am in for before I get a certian T or Scorpions

jevans
07-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Hey Everyone,

I started collecting Tarantulas a little over a year ago. My First T was an A. Seemani. My next T was a A. Avicularia. My next two I got at the same time. They are P. Murinus(orange) and P. Murinus(Tan). I'm not to sure that the tan one is right.

war_eaglegrl28
07-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Hello evryone :D

Bonny

8 legged freak
07-30-2005, 10:49 AM
hello,

i've been keeping T's for 3 years, my first was G. rosea, then i got P. imperator, then my B. bohmei and next is B. smithi, after that who knows! :D. i'm 14, and i am me, all my friends are arachnophobes so im much of a loner, and that's basically it :p :D

Pennywise
07-31-2005, 08:39 AM
Hi All,
My name is Dan and I live in Central Florida. I am a
newly retired Database Administrator (Oracle) and a former
Herp collector. This is mostly new to me though there are
some similariities to Herps. It's Great! Less space and less
$$$ needed.
A month and a half ago I bought 4 T's fom Botar. They
are doing well and are juveniles 1 1/2" to 2 1/2" they have had
their first moult and are in 6" by 6" by 6" jars. I am getting
ready to feed and water them now.
:D

tarpalsfan
08-01-2005, 05:17 PM
:eek: Hi, I couldn't figure out how to introduce myself so I clicked and hoped for the best. Here goes:
female
I like beetles ect.
Star Wars stuff.
to many hobbies and intrest to mention.
thanks

KerstinP
08-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Hey Ya'll My name is Kerstin, I live in Odessa Texas. I just got my first T, a A Versicolor at the Alington Reptile Expo. I've been wanting a T for a while bought didn't get to it, since we've been focusing on snakes so far. But now I finally got my will and got me a T :clap: . I'm still doing a lot of researche since I'm new to all this, but I figured out already that those "critters" r quite addictive!!!
So well here I am :)
K

Mazdak
08-01-2005, 08:50 PM
I am mazdak. I just turned 18, i have colonies of roaches, some millipedes, crabs, newts, frogs, crayfish, leeches, etc. I have always been interested in these things, as far back as i remember. I couldn't have the heart to harm them though, so nothing that needs to be fed live food (like crickets, mealworms etc). I am interested in finding someone with jerusalem crickets here.

My avatar is Stalin, of course.

big-n-hairy
08-01-2005, 08:50 PM
hi everyone. my name is rick and i live in zanesville ohio. i'm new to t's and i bought my first 3 on july 23rd at the all ohio reptile show.the first is a grammastola aureostriatum,
chaco golden knee.bought from john, a great dealer from cambridge oh. the other two from botar, a brachypelma vagans, mexican red rump and a lasiodora parahybana, brazilian salmon pink. i'm hooked now and have added so many to my wish list. i'm thinking 3 a month is good, though the wife might disagree, lol.

Faelynne
08-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Hello, I am new to this site and to the Spider ownership, and one of my friends who has a lot of spiders and is already signed up said i should join. So....i dont know really why i have a spider, i was offered one, and for some reason i said yes. So far, i know that it may be a she, she is a G Rosea, and that I may name her Octavia. Thats it so far....this is sad..... :8o

The Bear
08-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Hey everyone, Im Brad from Ohio(17 years old), im planing on getting my first scorpion very soon and I came here to get imformation on careing for one and to decide what kind to get.

forcez5
08-03-2005, 12:15 AM
HI!
My name is tob and i am a proud owner of 2 curly hair for 2 months already, surfing the net and came across the site which i think was quite an active site. hope people here will help on keeping tarantulas and care if i come into troubles.
Thanks 1st!!

Tob :?

Pathogenic
08-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Hiya. I'm Brandon, 24 years old, from Pittsburgh, PA and I just purchased my first Tarantula yesterday, a Chilean Rose, which from what I hear is the best first choice. So far, he's doing pretty good.

Beccas_824
08-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Hey. I'm Beccas. I currently have 16 T's-all of different spieces. Most are new World. Only have two Old World (H. lividum and an OBT) Thought I would check-in.

evilarachnid
08-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Randy. I had been browsing threw the board and I just had to join. I myself own 17 T's, and look forward to communicating with everyone.

blacktara
08-03-2005, 08:56 PM
My name is Robert and I'm from Athens, Ga

Been hanging around here on occasion for a while and have learned a lot

Just got my first T today

Billdolfski
08-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Ahoy-hoy everyone. I was looking for a spider related community on the ole net and it looks like i found it.

All i have is a L. mactans right now. Laid more eggs last night. Anybody want them =P

tarsier
08-03-2005, 09:18 PM
hi everyone. my name is Benj from Manila, Philippines.

didnt get around to introducing myself when i joined much earlier. laid low for awhile and just started the hobby again this week.

my h.troglodytes and l.mucronatus are long gone.

now i only have a p.imperator, heterometrus sp., an h.lividum and a b.boehmei. :)

Jennalaese
08-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Hey, I'm new on here, don't even own any t's, but a friend introduced me to the site and so I'm just looking around. There is a lot more to owning a tarantula than I thought...thanks for showing the rest of us that they're more than just 'creepy-crawlies'. :clap:

scolopendra 79
08-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Hello first time i've come across you guys. I'm sure i'll learn alot.

Blonc
08-07-2005, 04:08 AM
Hi, my name is Andreas and I'm 28. I am an orthopaedic nurse at the local hospital here in Östersund (that's sort of in the middle part of Sweden). Growing up in the Middle East I had the great opportunity to catch loads of little yellow scorpions (probably not the safest thing to do when you're 7 or 8). I still like the little monsters though and now have a tiny P. Imperator that won't moult. I'm not as keen on spiders.

Elmolax
08-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Hello... My name is Ryan, I live in El Paso, Texas... And love spiders! O.o
I'm 14 years of age...
And I used to breed black widows but my :8o Parents :8o made me stop because they were getting scared.
But now I am hoping to start on bredding tarantulas...
And I plan to go on to study herpetology once I'm out of high school!
Thanks for having me!

Dozer
08-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi,
My name is Ryan and I live in Regina, Saskatchewan.....I've always been a reptile guy but I've always had an interest in arachnids as well. Recently (about a week ago) I had a Aphonopelma seemani kinda dropped in my lap so I'm now a T owner, I look forward to the help I'm sure the forums will provide me.

Ryan.

Creeps&Crawls
08-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Hi all, I enjoy reading all your post.

Arachno King
08-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Hi All,

My name is Don and I live in Yakima, WA. I came across this site while searching for various info on scorpions. I am starting to build my collection up again....had to get rid of my previous animals.

:) Great resource!!!

The Snark
08-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Sipping my morning coffee I heard a scratching on the screen a few feet from where I sit. :eek: A gigantic spider has poised and posed himself for my appreciation. :) I measured him at 53mm body length and legs front to back at 270mm. :worship:
And of course, no camera! :mad:
A quick search of the web showed him to probably be a Heteropoda maxima, known in Laos but I find no references to them being here in northern Thailand. :confused:

Be all that as it may, I chanced across this forum and since I had to tell somebody somewhere about my beautiful window decoration, the rest is history.

Greetings to all and keep on cherishing our eight legged wonders!

war_eaglegrl28
08-08-2005, 09:36 PM
My name is Bonny I wondered over from VL.

rosehaired1979
08-09-2005, 07:30 AM
Hey bonny Welcome! To bad Brian is over here to hehe :p

war_eaglegrl28
08-09-2005, 09:54 AM
LMAO No kidding :)

Omega
08-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Hello, I'm new here. Some of you have met me tho...I'd be Bayushi's friend that was playing with the Cockroaches...

fangsalot
08-11-2005, 02:15 AM
heeey how u doin!?? im 27 years old and ive been in the husbandry and breeding of herpitiles for 17 years.my 1st invert was a rose hair and that was about 14 years ago and thats all i kept(do to the fact that, that species was the only species available in local pet stores for a long time)until now! i just realized(from surfing the web) that there are so many species out ,that are available that i can get in to. i know general knowledge from books and the net(and from helpfull board members) and some experiance so i know ima be a really good arachnophile!ive always loved differant pets. even dogs(my favorite breed are english bulldogs)even cats(hairless cats)i believe ill make a good spider man(as long as i get the right answers to my questions) hope to get to know all of you soon! thnkx---- fangsalot

Becca
08-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Hello,
I've been registered for a while, but I've only just started posting here. I currently have around 15 tarantulas, I did have more but I recently sold quite a few of my ground dwellers. I'm 17 at the moment, I turn 18 in September. I've been keeping tarantulas for about four years now. My first t was a Brachypelma smithi, who I've still got. I'm just waiting for him to mature so I can breed him with my female. I love arboreals and Brachypelmas, I'm just about to start expanding my arboreal collection starting with some Heteroscodra maculata spiderlings.
I live in England (East Yorkshire) and have a wide variety of animals as I live on a small holding. I'm in college at the moment studying my a levels, I go back in September to take a levels in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. I hope to eventually advance to the point where I am able to take a degree in medicine.

BLS Blondi
08-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Hi my name is Vito and I am a private breeder of tarantulas, mainly Theraphosa blondi, Theraphosa apophysis, and many others (Pamphobeteus, etc.) I have been doing this for a few years now, with the help of my brother Domenic. We have 50 or so tarantulas, 20 of them being Theraphosa blondi. As always, I am looking for adult male T.blondis for all of my females. I have done 50/50 splits many times before, and do purchases frequently. As far as a wish list, I want what everyone else wants...Xenesthis immanis (and of course male T. blondi)

Deacon Nuno
08-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Not that anyone will ever read my awesome introduction, but here it is!

I'm tall, nice, artistic, and the greatest person nobody has ever heard of, or ever will at this rate. :) So...do with that information whatever you will.

Adult Swim is master. Obey Adult Swim or be smitten by zombie knights.

Jan Laros
08-12-2005, 05:30 AM
Allrighty then, I am Jan Laros from Kaatsheuvel, The Netherlands. 23 years old. Girlfriend is pregnant. Baby to come next Novembre. No pets (yet). In love with Pterinochilus spp and Poecilotheria spp. Appreciate all the info on this board. Thumbs up!

Benjamin
08-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Hey,

My name is Benjamin and I have never kept a tarantula before. I just bought this book called "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" from a site called goldenphoenixexotica.com I live in North Carolina, I am 13 years old, and I was born in Queens, New York. :)

CHIPJVELOZ
08-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Hello everybody! My name is Chip, a 28 year old male higher mammal. I'm new to the hobby, but I already own three tarantulas! I had no idea this would be so addictive. I think I've read pretty much all the care sheets out there, then last week I started reading this forum and figured this is where I will learn the most. I also ordered a couple books.

ScorpZion
08-12-2005, 12:36 PM
well welcome to the boards, and a word of advice caresheets are not writting in stone alot of them have some major descrepincies in them,

CHIPJVELOZ
08-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Yeah no kidding! I read one for scorpions that said not to keep more than one reptile in the same enclosure! Yeah, Reptile. The care sheet was from a very popular pet store here in California.

*Tyler*
08-13-2005, 10:39 AM
My name is Tyler.

I want to be a part of the website because I think its cool that my mom and me can see my picture, and I can talk too.

I got a new camera and I would like to show pictures to people. I need to earn money for a memory card.

I like to play video games and read books with my little brother and my mom.
My brother is named Tanner and my mom is named Sheri.

I would like to go to New York and the rainforest with my mom one day.

Lelle is coming here soon and he is going to teach me about rattlesnakes and how to fight.

I have a dog named Copper, he likes to sit around and he walks around looking for places to sit and lay down.

Bye!

Cirith Ungol
08-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Welcome Tyler! :) :D

Melmoth
08-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi Tyler,
Welcome to Arachnobards.If you have any Tootsie Rolls that you don't need,please get your mom to send them to Uncle George Melmoth at Melmoth Towers,England :D

Sir George

Crotalus
08-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi Ty and welcome to the board!

/Lelle

DavidRS
08-13-2005, 07:29 PM
I got a new camera and I would like to show pictures to people. I need to earn money for a memory card.

I like to play video games and read books with my little brother and my mom.
My brother is named Tanner and my mom is named Sheri.Welcome Tyler! You can get all kinds of video games, books and a memory card at the coolest store called Walmart. Make sure you ask your mom to take you there! I bet you like eating at Macdonalds, too! I eat there and that's how I grew up to be big and strong!

Creeps&Crawls
08-15-2005, 01:55 AM
Hi. my name is shawn. I have have been collecting t's for around a year now and have jut come into quite a few I am tring to sell.

rhinocricus
08-15-2005, 02:53 AM
Hello Shawn!

Welcome on the boards.. {D

Arnold B.
08-16-2005, 11:35 AM
My name is Arnold B. Alvarez. I live in Grandy, North Carolina. I never kept a tarantula :( , but I raise praying mantids :). Probably I will learn a lot about tarantulas on this forum. Also I will probably keep and raise them :razz:.

Calamity
08-17-2005, 06:46 PM
My name is Marie and I'm an arachnophobe from way back. I thought I'd get over my fear of spiders by getting one for my husband who loves T's and still has fond memories of one he had as a kid. It seems to have worked since I now have 2 of my own. I still can't handle them though. One step at a time, I guess. I'm a new member here trying to learn all I can about my new pets and the new T's my husband is getting. He's not afriad of the big agressive ones, but I'm not up to that! I'll just admire his from afar! LOL
Thanks for providing this forum, it's GREAT!

Milo
08-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Hi, my name's "Mike L." (group responds "Hiii, Mike.") Hi. Well I was a phobe, met a guy with T's, was eventually desensitized, and here I am, a member of Arachnoboards. Hell, I didnt even like forums! But yeah... landlord won't let me bring a T into the house (I rent a room for university) so I bought a Black Emperor scorpion out of spite. It goes well and I'm getting another tomorrow! Thanks for all the advice and knowledge this forum has provided --- brilliant.

Sekhmet
08-19-2005, 05:04 AM
greetings,
new to the site and may not post much but I will read a lot! I am 30 and am looking for the perfect first tarantula. I have been doing lots of reading on different types and what would be the best for a beginner. I don't plan on breeding, I just enjoy T's!

Seigneur Veinen
08-19-2005, 03:14 PM
Hell-o

My name is Glenn

I live in France, about 70kms west from Paris.

I have 55 tarantulas, and 9 centipedes.95% of them are asian species.
I have one Big mama Theraphosa Blondi, but i am especially interested by Selenocosmiinae, Thrigmopoeinae, and Ornithoctoninae.
i am looking for some species from these family, especially the genius Selenocosmia, Cyriopagopus, Lyrognathus, Phlogiellus, Coremiocnemis, Thrigmopoeus, Haploclastus.If you have some contact me !! :worship:

i am interested by arachnids since I was a child, I have begun to breed french spiders, and I breed tarantulas ten years ago.

I am also looking for centipedes of the genus Scolopendra, especially the sub-species of Subspinipes.... :8o

I am also a musician....look in my profile....

See you soon everybody.

David DeVries
08-19-2005, 06:24 PM
My name is David.

I live in Kansas with my wife and two daughters. I have been an arachnid fan for most of my life. I had a B. Smithi for eighteen years and have been T-less for about six years. I recently re-entered the hobby and my two daughters and I now have seven Ts.

I am enjoying the boards and have already learned a lot. Looking forward to meeting new folks.

InvertConvert
08-20-2005, 08:15 AM
Hi my name is Michele and I the southern part of the US. I am really new to all this. I have never in my entire life thought about spiders,snakes,etc..as being a hobby. Of course that was until I got with my current boyfriend who is totally into it. Even still I try to deny my interest but it has gotten the better of me ,explaining my name..InvertConvert. :D I do not have any T's of my own yet but do plan to eventually have. My boyfriend has enough for the both of us right now..lol. :D . I have to admit though I have always liked a T's appearance even before now. They are really cool looking to me. :) Well after reading over my boyfriends shoulder for a while now I decided to join in on the threads, cause being a woman and all I am too opinionated to just continue to sit by and say nothing. hehe ;) Well I hope to continue to learn lots and to getting my own T to post on eventually. Until then I will just be sticking my nose in on others and putting my two cents in..lol :p {D

Nirvana
08-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Uhh. Hi!

I'm Kitt... I'm 19 and hoping to go to vet. school in the very near future. I've only got two arachnids, a rosehaired T I've had for over two years now, and a camel spider -- but, I hope to add to that soon :)

I also keep snakes... Currently at eleven but that number is gonna grow.. And grow.. and grow..

I also have a cute little kitty who loves to watch the camel spider. :D

Katronmaster
08-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Hello!

I'm Kat/Leslie. I'm a 16 year old student/freelance artist.

As far as critters go we have a rabbit, cat, albino cornsnake, emp. Scorpion, African giant black millipede and a free-range Rose hair (She escaped and we've yet to find her). Hoping to get a few more Ts and Miilis soon though.

Zefdin
08-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Hello, My name is Alan 37, I live in CT. I am mostly interested in snakes but find all areas like this facinating.

Alan

Rach
08-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Hi everyone,

Was wondering if there're any people from this forum from Singapore (think Cyriopagapus BLUE) haha?? just want to get to know more ppl cos there're not many ppl keeping T's over here... :(

common spider
08-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Welcome I hope you all enjoy your stay.But most of all have fun and learn.

rhom
08-24-2005, 12:11 PM
hello there im from canada sask any ways not many t collectors up here as of now i got a rosie and zebra ts adding a mexican redknee to my collection vary soon

TeachersPet
08-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Hi to all,
this type of forum is a bit new to me but with the way my live is going, I find myself comming here :) The reason for all this being that I have a very curious 4 and a half year old who is "home/preschooling" and recently we have found the new class pet (The Teachers' Pet). It is a spider and we are trying to learn more about him. We caught him two months ago, put him in a jar, and have been catching live flies (which is a bit of a challenge) to feed him. He has grown to about twice his size since we have caught him, and shed his skin once. We have been looking everywhere online to try and find out what kind he is but have not found any results. Oh, and he has spurs... So I am not too sure how I post a pic of him ... But I read something about archives... so I will try there... If any one can help, it would be appreciate by both myself and my new found arachnid lover (my son {D )

innocence lost
08-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Im new here.. I got one emperor scorpion more coming soon. I have 4 crested geckos, 2 red tail boas, 2 cats, and a 150gl fish tank with oscars!!

http://photobucket.com/albums/y48/Mary313/th_P-imperator.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/Mary313/cillie.jpg
dont know if these pics will show..
later

Cthulhu1254
08-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Gosh!

Hi, all, I'm James. I just got my first two spiderlings, an inch long G. pulchra named Ungoliant and a half inch G. aureostriata named Mahidable, for my 16th birthday. Ungoliant is elvish for gloom weaver; she was Shelob's mother and Melkor's accomplice in the darkening of the Valinore. I have a great + grandmother named Mahidable Fish, which I thought was just the coolest name ever. I've always like spiders, and I'm really excited about owning them as pets. They're just the cutest little inveribrates I've ever met! I've also got a little house spider in the corner who helps control the ant population. Feel free to contact me if you so choose.

kwesty75
08-25-2005, 04:16 PM
My name is Keith and I was given a G. rosea, "Chile", for my birthday a couple of months ago. I am 26 yoa and am a law enforcement officer. Because of the job, I am glad to have a pet that does not require too much attention. Chile molted for the first time two days ago. It is amazing to see how much she has grown. I signed up for this site to see if there was any more information to be found. I am looking forward to adding to my collection in the future.

ColdBloodedOne
08-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Good evening everyone. I am new to the boards and just wanted to say hello.
I have experience with over 70 or so reptiles and amphibians and have decided to get into arachnids instead. I have photographed about 400 species of herps and a few arachnids on an amateur level but am getting much better. Please contact me if you have any of the more beginner type arachnids available. I also wouldn't mind buying multiple species from one person to maybe get the price down a bit. Thanks for taking a look.
ColdBloodedOne ;P

chad
08-26-2005, 02:09 AM
hello im from bc canada and ya i joined this site because i like spiders and other animals and i have lots of pets thats about it!

chad
08-26-2005, 02:13 AM
hi im confused if any one nos why pm me i have posted on a few things and it says i have no posts???? why? why? WHY?

LPacker79
08-26-2005, 02:36 AM
hi im confused if any one nos why pm me i have posted on a few things and it says i have no posts???? why? why? WHY?

You only gain numbers towards your post count in the on topic forums, such as Tarantula discussion, scorpion, etc.

bludaffodils
08-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Hey, I'm Kelsey from State College PA. I'm currently a junior at Pennsylvania state university studying biology. I love inverts, reptiles, amphibians and other such critters. I'm artsy, crafty and love music that puts ya in a good mood. Looking forward to this semester, and the next hamburg show. Nice to meet ya'll.

syndicate
08-26-2005, 10:40 PM
hey whats up people..my names chris.been a big fan of insects/spiders for some time now but have been thinking about getting a tarantula recently which brought me here.seems like a cool forum :cool:

Tammie
08-27-2005, 02:17 AM
Hi there,
My name is Tammie, I am 37 yrs old, i have 3 kids. I live in Southern California. I love Tarantulas. I have 5 of them. One I've had for the last 6 years She is a large Female Rose Hair. I also have 2 B. Smithi one Juvinile Female the other is a juvinile Male. Also a large Female GreenBottle Blue, and a Juvinile Female Chaco Golden Stripe. I sent out thier Exoskeletons as each one shed. I sent them to Michael at The Spider Shoppe. He let me know all thier Genders. I am wanting more Tarantulas. My kids love them to. Anyway i don,t know what else to say.

Sincerely,
Tammie.

Aru
08-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Hi,
my name is Daniel and I come from Dortmund in Germany. I breed Pythons and scorpions.I have 2 Green treepythons,one Ballpython and 13 scorpions,like Tityus falconensis,C.margaritatus and so on.

Best regards

Daniel

Vicious
08-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Welcome to Arachnoboards Danny boy.... hope you have a blast...

c-land
08-28-2005, 06:15 PM
Hi, I'm Mike. I go to school in NY and have a male L. parahybana who just molted to maturity. I was hoping to fing him a date.

Jaygnar
08-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Hi, everyone. I just adopted a three year old adult Chilean rose. I'm pretty sure that the spider is female, but I'm not staking my rep on that untill it molts. I got the spider from my neighbor because his girlfriend is a total arachniphobe and insisted that either it left or she did. He had had it for three years and the housing of the poor thing was just awful. There had to be like fifty dead cricket corpses in this filthy 10 gallon aquarium. Playsand substrata, Filthy damp washcloth for water , no hiding place, and he left it under an incandescent light that was on 24/7. Still she seems healthy and happy now that I got her into a new, clean 10 Gallon aquarium with a hiding spot and a water dish and some vermiculite/peat mix substrata. I'll post pics soon, but for now,

Hello To You All! See you on the boards.

Megalodon
08-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Hi Everybody,

I used to actually go under a different name a while back (TheHypnoToad) which i am sure no one remembers :shame: and i realized that i never did formally introduce myself, im Erik, I live in Amherstview, Ontario, Canada, i have an A.avic that i have raised from when it was the size of my fingernail, i would like more but i need more space, other then that i love music, movies, anything art related really.

herper4ever
08-29-2005, 12:42 PM
hi my name is joe i and an aracnoculturist and a herpculturist i keep and breed scorpions and trantulas and reptile i work at a pet store i an in charge of reptiles and inverts. :worship:

my personal collection:

T's

Brachypelma smithi (Mexican Red-Knee )

Brachypelma auratum (Mexican Flame Knee )

Brachypelma emilia (Mexican Redleg)

Acanthoscurria geniculata (Giant White Knee)

Eupalastrus campestratus (PINK ZEBRA BEAUTY)

2 Poecilotheria regalis (Indian ornamental )

SCORPIONS AND OTHER

Damon diadema (tanzanian tailless whip scorpion)

3 Babycurus jacksoni (RED BARK SCORPION)

3 Leiurus quinquestriatus (Death Stalker scorpion)

cvonrosen
08-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey my name is Christian. Ive been into inverts for along time but not as bad as ive been in the last year. My collection has boosted from 2 to well over 20 tarantulas and all sorts of scorpions and misc bugs. I am currently not keeping any mantids but want to start again. (I used to keep chinese and flower mantids) I am in Junior High and hope to get in some field of Herpetology. I also keep about 25 snakes. I live in Utah and have started a project on my local tarantula species that No one seems to know about, The Salt lake Brown. If anyone has any info on it please share. I keep a large group of Sunburst baboon and will hopefully be having a few sacs later on in the year. I also keep some B. smithi, B. vagrans, Haitian brown, Blondes, and a. avics. I keep Desert Hairy and emperer scorps and have more on there way.

Here are a few pics of my collection
http://www.digistash.com/data/1ee3dfcd8a0645a25a35977997223d22/6394_p89194.jpg
http://www.digistash.com/data/1ee3dfcd8a0645a25a35977997223d22/6394_p89202.jpg
http://www.digistash.com/data/1ee3dfcd8a0645a25a35977997223d22/6394_p89208.jpg
http://www.digistash.com/data/1ee3dfcd8a0645a25a35977997223d22/6394_p89206.jpg

rwfoss
08-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Hello Christian, and welcome to the boards!! Very nice pictures!

I would never have been allowed any of the inverts I have now when I was in Jr. High. Lucky you! Even at 32, I still had to convince my wife. :) I have 14 tarantulas and 6 scorpions. I am acutally switching from scorpions to tarantulas. I love the Desert Hairys - have three of them myself, along with a female Emperor and two different flat rock scorpions.

Enjoy Arachnoboards - lots of information here!

Rick

Menagerie
08-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Hi! My name is Tina, and my husband and I kept a lot of reptiles, amongst other things {D

We live in Sydney Australia.

I am actually very very arachnaphobic, but hubby was snake - phobic and I insisted on getting snakes, and he really wants a bird-eating tarantula. I really want to get over my irrational fear, so we are getting a tarantula that is going to grow huge.

I suppose the advantage to such a big spider is its visibility lol.

Other than that, I work full time in law and am studying to become a lawyer.

Vicious
08-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the boards Christian.... AWESOME PICTURES!!!! :clap: :clap:

MindUtopia
08-31-2005, 12:52 AM
Hi all. My name is Karen. I'm from New York City and have a growing collection of T's in a small NYC apartment. I'm also currently a grad student in public health at NYU here. We (my boyfriend and I) have 17 T's altogether, but of those, four (for now at least) are mine: a sub-adult female Curly Hair, a juvi female Green Bottle Blue, a juvi female Pink Zebra Beauty, and a Chilean Rose sling. Hoping to add a few more slings to my personal collection soon (it's so tempting!).

KATTIVO
09-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Hey all,

I am new to Ts but have been working with reptiles for years! I own quite a few True Redtails and morphs. Also, have quite a few Chondros, ETBs, Amazon Basin ETBs, and other arboreals. Just picked up a "few" nice choice Ts from Botar and everyone of them look FANTASTIC! I am sure more will be coming to this house! Just love the colors...the same reason I got into the Boas!

Phong

tatteredimages
09-01-2005, 02:16 AM
Greetings. My name is Kimberly and I've just aquired in my hot little hands two rosie's. I'm new to this parenting game, but they are the most amazing creatures to have graced my life

crotaline
09-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Hello,
My name is Adam. I'm 24, live in southern WI, and have a son. I've been keeping, breeding, and selling reptiles for many years. I have kept scolopendra centipedes for many years, but only recently (last 6-8 months)started getting into spiders. I am a vendor at Lee Watsons reptile swap every show.

kizza321
09-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Ello all im kieran ive recently brought myself a chile rose tarantula chuffed to bits with it enjoying watching the fear in the crickets eyes as my baby starts stalking the little suckers.Im 22 and still a little wary of her ive picked her up once but since then ive been abit of a big girls blouse about it.

Fire
09-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey I just wanted to introduce myself :worship:.

MikeW
09-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Okay I've already made a few posts, but I've been neglecting this forum, but I'm sure I'll be around a lot so I may as well take advantage. I'm Mike and I'm from NY (small town you've never heard of about an hour drive north of NYC). I'm 23, graduated from college last December (then I had a job, and got laid off, so I'm looking again, it's fun!). Used to be affraid of spiders, but I don't like being affraid of things for no reason, so I got into this hobby. Only have two right now, but that will probably change in the future. That's it!

Kegel
09-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Hi, and greetings from Denmark

My name is Philip and i am 25 years old. I am keeping tarantulas and scorpions. I have been in the this hobby since 1997.
I am looking forward to shar info and working with you all..

Philip

Corbin
09-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Well now, I guess I might as well let you guys/gals know who I am. My name is Corbin Martin, I am only 16 years old and I live in Akron, Ohio. I currently don't keep any arachnids, all I have right now is 1.1 Albino Burms and 1.0 Vield Chameleon, but soon enough they will be joined by 0.1 T.Blondi, 0.1 L.Parahybana, and 0.1 G. Aureostiata and 0.1 Yellow Head Retic.

Here's a few pics to show you myself and my animals:

Here's me with my 0.1 Albino Burm:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/CorbinM/meandmuso.jpg

Here's my 1.0 Albino Burm:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/CorbinM/stalincouch.jpg

Here's my 1.0 Vield Cham:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/CorbinM/tongueman.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Corbin

singlemind
09-09-2005, 10:57 AM
hello, I'm brandon, and i'm very glad to join an active tarantula forum. I've been reading and visiting for the last two months since I got my first tarantula, now I'm up to 3 and the scorpion I've had for a little over a year. I live in Ny state, and am 23. Studied entomology in college, although I havnt yet finished a degree, I know a great deal about bees, wasps and ants... arachnids just came an extention of that and with the bonus of making better pets.

Lloth9
09-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been roaming around these forums for awhile and just thought I would introduce myself. As for the basics, my name is Danielle, I'm 21, and I live in Colorado, but I am planning on leaving the state to pursue a degree in entomology {D . I've been keeping tarantulas since I was 17, when I got an Avic. for x-mas. I have a very small collection currently (3 T's and an L. hesperus), but when I move out of a cramped apartment and into a house my pretty babies will have lots more friends :D . I have been enjoying this message board as an excelent resource tool for information and personal amusement. I am always thrilled with the dedication and knowledge everyone here has for their invertabrates and hope to share my enthusiasm as well.

Thanks,
Danielle

siras78
09-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Not much to say here. I'm 25, married and living in VA. I have 2 tartantulas with 2 more on the way. (red knee, pinktoe, chilean rose, and skeleton) I also have fish, clams, hamsters, cats, dogs, and an iguana. ;) I've been lurking and have read a ton of helpful information so I'm looking forward to sticking around. :)

edre_hawkflyer
09-10-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm a new T keeper. Ordered a lovely lil' curly hair female from Scott's Tarantulas. I don't like petstores. I'm 21, college student, and spider lover. I've been doing tons of research and hanging around the boards. Just wanted to say hi!

Henrysmom
09-11-2005, 03:15 PM
I am brand new at this whole thing! I am a Midwest, USA teacher who was just looking for a unique classroom pet and came home with a striped knee T that I know very little about. My husband actually found the site for me, and I am hooked! I have found lots of info and nice people who are willing to be patient with my newbie status! :)

neverisnow
09-11-2005, 05:34 PM
My name is Zachary. I am, unfortunately, stuck in Mississippi for the moment at a local junior college. I own a chilean rose T and an emperor scorpion. I'm interested in owning more, as I learn more about the ones I have. I'm especially interested in a greenbottle blue T at the moment, if any current owners have any essential advice or info it's very welcome. Thanks

KirosReptiles
09-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Hi guys,

We noticed that you have not yet posted on our site. Why not take some time and Introduce Yourself? Become an active part of the largest online Invertebrate Hobbyist community today!

Um, ok... after all I've only been lurking for a year LOL Does anyone actually read this, unless they're posting here anyway? :? No matter...

Lee, 23, N.W. England, UK. Cohabiting with my gf of three years and her three young girls (argh), been keeping and breeding Boas, Pythons, Monitors and whatnot for about 13 or so years now. Kept Ts for the last year, just got into OWs/OBTs hehe

My other interests include driving, biodiesel, psychology (esp. psychopharmacology), veterinary medicine and surgery, the internet, Pit Bulls and other bull breeds, security/police training my dogs to bite bad guys, hunting with lurchers, terriers and ferrets... blah blah I'm getting boring now I think {D

So, that's me ;P

Stefan-V
09-13-2005, 04:50 PM
My name is Stefan. I lived in southamerica till I was 16. I never thought about having a tarantula, but somehow they remind me of home and thats why I got one. It's a male stripe Knee. I also own a millipede and a huge fat white lab rat.

Rockhead
09-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Hello, my screen name is rockhead. I'm a geologist living in northern New Mexico, USA. I've always liked large predatory arthropods and I'm happy to see I'm not alone. I also have a strong interest in marine invertebrates, but I suppose that's a different forum. I've been married for almost 30 years and my wife thinks these things are cute. I'm such a lucky guy. I've gotten some good advice from other Arachnoboards subscribers already and I look forward to much more. That's all for now.

fyrburn
09-15-2005, 09:08 AM
hi there :) I'm Brian, 18, from the UK and have recently purchased a mexican red knee sling.
Allow me to proceed to absorb as much of your knowledge as I can :D
I'm a total noob where keeping spiders is concerned so go easy on me ;)

jonnysebachi
09-15-2005, 10:35 PM
He everyone,
just trying to gain more info about these neat tarantulas we raise. Just stumbled onto this websit. Great info areas.

mongoloid
09-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Whats up all, I'm new to this site and am basically here because of the Latrodectus fanatics out there. I saw one this summer that was even big by you guys standards when I was in California. It was the first one I'd ever seen, and it kind of freaked me out and fascinated me at the same time, so I did some research and decided I was going to keep them. In terms of American widows, I like bishopi and variolus, and I was thinking about crossing them, then crossing them with a mactan, just for the hell of it. Who knows how that will turn out, but It gets boring here in Texas, what can i say.

Garbonzo13
09-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi all, My name is Greg and I am getting into scorps again after 12 years. I am 31, and live in S.W.Florida, I am collecting and starting a breeding program for Mantids and scorps as a hobby. Guess I have to much time on my hands. My wife is also thinking of keeping Tarantulas. Here is my trademark mugshot.http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a336/krucann/me1.jpg

N.W.A.
09-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Well, I've neglected to post here for a while so, I thought I might add a little info about me. I'm 15 and already have a few bad habits (which I'm not going into). One of the bad habits is from my grandmother's point of view, which is: spider's are nasty don't keep them at my house. Well I've succeeded to get him inside the house (we even did a downscaled SWAT maneuver with paintball guns :D). Unfortunately someone might have sprayed bug spray around him.... I'll have to wait til morning to find out :(:(:(. I live in a <EDIT> little crackhead town called Holly Hill, Florida, which is sandwiched between Daytona Beach and Ormond Beach.

Beto_CJ
09-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Well well, Im in the first trarantula, she's a so cute and funny P. murinus her name is Xuranha LOL, i'm 20 and living in Brazil in a small city Uberlândia in the moust beaty state MG.
I'm here looking for informations and friends.
Thanks

Spydee
09-20-2005, 03:33 AM
Hello

My name is Jason Higgs and I am 29 from Cornwall, UK. I own a B.Smithi (Mexican Red Knee), and have done for about 6 months now. This is a big hello to everyone on Arachnoboards.com and a thankyou up front for all the knowledge I can gain from the people here. Hopefully one day I can return the favour.

Till Next Time. :D

J.

itsy
09-20-2005, 04:22 AM
Hi my name is Jo and i'm from Oxfordshire in the Uk, I have just got my very first T after months of reading here and she is a G.Pulchra called Aragog.Can see this being the first of many. :D

ibassplayer205
09-20-2005, 06:52 AM
Me: Hi, my name is Seth, and Im an aracnoholic.
All: (in sync) Hi Seth!

20 y/o (21 this Dec.) and I have always wanted a Tarantula (since I was about 5). Since I recently moved out of my moms house I can finally get one ;P .

I found these boards a while ago and have been lurking in the shadows reading and gathering as much information as possible before I got my first T. Im getting a G. rosea, and after I get used to having one, who knows where Ill go from there.

trashman921
09-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Hello,

Chris from Syracuse, NY. I have a Luna Moth Pupa. Wouls like some more infomation on care and what to expect. Found the lava about 5 weeks ago.
Watch a couple days later as it spon itself into a cacoon. I checked to see if the pupa was alive by carefully opening the cacoon. It is alive. Any help would be great. Would love to see the adult Luna Moth. Have never seen one

Thanks

slayercortex
09-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Hello,
My name is Dustin Hart; I am 18 years old and i am fron San Diego California.
I bought a Pink-toe Tarantula about a week ago and I am glad that i found this web site. It is very useful for finding all of my Tarantula needs aswell as give me plenty of ideas for the future.
-Dustin-

Scarface1985
09-21-2005, 05:56 AM
I'm not good at these things but my name is Bart and i'm from belgium so if i write mistakes you must forgive me ;) . I started this hobby just a month ago and i have taken a large intrest in keeping scorpions and spiders. For the moment i've got 3 pandinus imperators and 1 lasiadora parahybana. I think thats all you have to know for now, i don't think anybody's interested in what colour i paint my bedroom so...peace

CHIPJVELOZ
09-22-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm new to the hobby, but i already have three tarantulas and three scorpions. I love the Simpsons, I'm so happy they're still on TV! The Simpson are honestly the only reason I own a TV. I love pizza! I love my girl even more, who took me out for pizza last night! Pizza is the best! Hope to get to know you all better, I know I'll learn tons from you.

quinquestriatus
09-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Hello, my name is Aaron. I used to catch scorps and T's as a kid in AZ and then my family moved to CO. And about a year ago I started collecting again. My favorite scorp. is the Deathstalker. I don't know why but, I'm just absolutely in love with them. My fav. new world T is the Brazilian Salmon Pink and my absolute fav. old world would have to be the Ornamentel baboon.

DHunter
09-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Been haging out for a few days & found loads of info, so I thought I'd better join and stick around a while.

I live in Utah & found what seems to be a Vaejovis Confusus while fossil hunting out in the west desert. I've found many scorpions while rockhounding but this little fellow just caught my interest so I caught It & brought it home.

For now it's in a small tank, but I'll be going to get a larger one this weekend to give it some wander room.

Thanks for having such an informative site.

John

Sibeleen
09-24-2005, 01:23 AM
Hello all

My name is Sina (pronounced Seena) and I love in south west london.
(england that is).
And to be honest...I've been peaking on this site for months now, and have learned a whole bunch. So now I have decided to sign up since I now own my very first Avicularia Metallica.
Arrived 2 days ago, and roughly 1inch body (including abdomen) and leg span of 2inch+.
As you can tell, I'm a happy guy, and hope to learn plenty from you lovely folks :)

SiB

Laurie
09-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Hi there. I'm Laurie, 16, Vancouver Canada. I'm a spider enthusiast, and have had many pets of my own, and am currently houseing a jiant house spider named Aran. :)

stevenhman
09-24-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm Steven from Tennessee. I turn 21 in October(yay!). I've been keeping scorps and T's for about 6 years now. I used to have a fair collection but, when I moved to college I had to stay in the dorms, No pets allowed and they sprayed for pests monthly. I turned to reef tanks for two years, the reef tanks ate all my money. Now that I'm in my own place again I'm begining the transfer back to inverts! For the $400+ I've spent on the reef I could've gotten tons of inverts.
Previous collection: T's- A. geniculata, A. seemanni, A. avicularia, B. albopilosum, H. minax, G. rosea, Pterinochilus sp., C. cyaneopubescens. I know I'm forgetting a couple...
Scorps - P. imperator, S. marus, C. vittatus, P. transvaalicus, O. walberghi, O. asper

sbizzar
09-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Hi people!!
My name is Márcio. I live in Săo Paulo, Brazil... And I usually walk in the forest to observe animals, mainly spiders in bromeliads. Now I have P. murinus, G. pulchra, L. klugi, V. roseus, A.caniceps, P. cambridgei and lings.
Best regards for all.
Thanks.