Help Need tips fast

Quality Exotics

Arachnopeon
Ok I have 3 4"-4 1/2" Female Smithi. They are in 7" Containers and have all molted in the last 2-3 Months. I have a Male about 1 year away from Matureing so I was going to worry about this later but. I just picked up a Hooked out Male that Molted about 3 weeks ago and the guy was about 80% it did a Sperm Web already.
The question is I need some tips for the best way to try and get all 3 Females bred if possible. Should I set them up in 10 Gallons or just bigger cantainers. Should I try right away or wait a bit.
I just realy dont want to blow this chance.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ah well hate to rain on your parade but 4 and a half is a bit small. Ideally you would need them all to molt one more time. When did the three you have molt last?

Quality Exotics

Arachnopeon
Well Im probably underestimating the Size. Everyone that has seen them say they are plenty big enough. All 3 Females have Molted in the last 3 Months

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well the recent molts is a big plus. It's worth a try just don't get your hopes up. I very rarely get sacs from the smaller females. But that is not saying that it can't happen.

As for your breedings, a 10 gallon with a hide and water dish is good. Let the females settle into their new tanks and lay some webbing down so that their home is established as theirs. Once that happens then make sure they are all well fed. From there just start cycling the male through. Once he mates with one, he gets a break and wait for another sperm web, then on to the next female. You want to wait for a new sperm web every time, its about quality pairings not quantity.
Oh and offer food to the male a lot. The more you get him to eat the better. You have a small window to fatten him up some then he will start to ignore food and it's all downhill from there.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh and keep in mind there is nothing fast about this. If the females do get mated you are looking at 6-11 months before you will know if there was success. Patience is going to go a long way when breeding these guys.

Quality Exotics

Arachnopeon
Here is a Picture of one of the Females. Two are this size and one is just a tad smaller to see if you think they are big enough.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's much bigger then 4 and a half, those girls are plenty big enough. Unless your hand is small lol but they look to be 5"+

Quality Exotics

Arachnopeon
Oh and keep in mind there is nothing fast about this. If the females do get mated you are looking at 6-11 months before you will know if there was success. Patience is going to go a long way when breeding these guys.
Yes I do understand the are more seasonal. I have bred a few things in the past and currently just hatched a A.avic and have 2 more sacs now. I just havnt ever bred the Brachys before.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
After they are bred I cool them down into the mid 60's for 6-8 weeks. Then warm them back up to 78-80.
And avics are almost automatic, brachys are much much harder.
Once you get to the start of the warm up you will want to do floodings as well. We can cover that when you get to that point.

Quality Exotics

Arachnopeon
The only other question I can think of right now is how aggressive are they? Should I take the Huts out and be ready to split them or are they less aggressive. I know they aren’t like my A.avics and you just leave the Male in. Even though I just found out A.metalicas aren’t as friendly. Started with 1.2 and now have one HUGE Female.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Once the female is settled in her home dont mess with or take out anything. The idea is to introduce the male into the females tank. Then you want to watch for the male to drum and maybe for the female to respond. Females can be somewhat agressive to a male sometimes so watch them closely. If the female does not make a single movement and the male is twitching and approaching her stand by to defend the male she may try to bite his face off. Cardboard is a good thing to seperate them with. After they hook up its just like any other mating. If you dont have a good view of them just watch for a sharp backward movement by the female that is normally right when the inserts occur. Then watch for a mood change and the female moving the tops of her legs over the males thats a signal its time to seperate them.

Don't be surpised if you don't get a good pairing the first few times. Brachy males can be big wimps.

Quality Exotics

Arachnopeon
Well everything went good. I Managed to get each Female Bred with both Males I had along with a Pair of Flame Legs. I then put them in a cool room around 65 for the last 2 Months. Im now ready to take them out now. Any advice or tips to make sure everything goes good? Someone said something about keeping them wet or Humid.

Also I still have 1 Male doing good yet. Should I try Breeding them more?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Someone said something about keeping them wet or Humid.
Try flooding their tanks in a few weeks. This will simulate the coming of spring. I just take a lot of water and drizzle it in through the lid like its raining. Soak liberally and allow the substrate to dry out some between soakings. Repeat this process till you see the female start to web and dig around. I usually stop the flooding when I see this.
My girls are showing eggs in their abdomen they are very swollen and you can see the yellow almost without aid.

Good luck man! Keep us posted!