What do you guys think? :)

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Carapace less green and vibrant, legs not as bright and metallic, lets me get up close and personal with no movement or hair kicking...... smell like a molt?? Legspan is 4", last molt was in early June...

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
probably , mine was vary handleable when she was getting close to molting. my granddaughter even held her for pix

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sure has that pre-molt look to me ! Yet another beautiful T. thats been on my "gotta get" list for awhile now.Is it a little sluggish ? not eating ?

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeppers, not moving much, and kicked away a B. dubia a week ago...

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeppers, not moving much, and kicked away a B. dubia a week ago...
Yeah ready to molt. Thats the only time mine will refuse food. When I open lid she will position herself right under the lid and catch it as soon as it hits.

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful T! Man, this sp. has been on my want list for awhile now... and I guess it'll have to be that way for a good long time - since wifey put a brake on things... :( :8o

Really, really beautiful!

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Huzzah! Checking its tank as I left for work, its on its back! Can't wait to get home in 9 hours and see my new baby! :D

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Congrats! Be sure to post some pics of it in its new skin!

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I will! :) I'm still at work sadly, a series of unfortunate events have me still here.... But I'll be home within an hour, and pics shall be prevalent!

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Okay!! Shes all good!! She was a very good girl(?) and left the molt completely intact....

She left it waiting up top for me....

Here is a closeup...

And another...

So..... is she a he?? There is a little open flap there....

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So guys? He or she? My last molt pics got 100% female which turned out lots thought male... Maybe this one is more clear.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
For me the pic is a little too blurry to make out. It looks like there is a structure there but I can't say for sure. If you put that area of the moult over the end of your finger, the spermathecae should stand up so you can see it. I find that helpful when I am having trouble seeing it laying flat. Your spider looks awesome by the way!

This is what it should look like. Scroll down a little to see the
C. cyaneopubescens spermathecae.
http://www.arachnofreaks.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3392&PN=2

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
^^ Thanks Laura, I'll put another less blurry pic up later. And thanks for the compliment! Its been really great watching this one grow, I got it at 3/4", its now 4.3"(?) and the colour changes and webbing have been awesome. My favorite T!

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Update.... finally got around to taking a few pics of the new molt... someone, anyone have an opinion on male or female? The molt is a little wet....

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She is between 4.5 and 5 inches now. Ooooh, I said she. :) Is there something I should see/ not see if its male? And at what size are the females breedable?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That flap I point to would NOT be there if it was a male. It would be a nice smooth line. I'd say you are CLOSE to breedable, one more molt should be good. (borrowed your picture hope you don't mind)