IDing... The Zombie T ;)

mr.wilderness

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Okay, so a longggg time ago one of my friends (who was MAJORLY into tarantulas, like wayyyyyy more than I am) went on vacation or something and his computerized heating system flubbed up, killing off a couple of his t's and other various inverts. So then he gives them to me since he knows I'm into the whole animal preservation thing. A lot of them I was able to identify and still have in my collection today -and they are BIG-, but this one has elluded my attempts at a positive ID. Its still a good specimen though, so I figured if anyone could help me out, the people on arachnoboards could :clap: Anyway, I took some pics from a couple angles, so if you all can tell me what it is I'll be eternally grateful (I've been trying to figure out what it is for years ;)

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
looks almost like a species out of new mexico or arizona.. how big is it??..lol i know im prolly wrong

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
About how big would you say it is? I know I still don't have any clue but the other real experts on here would probably be able to figure it out better if they knew approximately what size it is. Just guesstimate :D
Good luck to ya!

mr.wilderness

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The body is about 3 inches, the legspan is around 5 inches. I actually thought it might be from mexico or the southwest too, but what do I know about these things? If its not bright blue, or purple, or all black, or have pink toes or red knees I'm pretty lost :wall:

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im going with something from the american southwest

btw great mounting.. i cant wait for some of my Ts to kick the bucket so i can mout them up (just kidding... sorta lol)

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL I know what you mean hehe. My initial thought when I first saw it was aphonopelma but as far as what species in particular (chalcodes, hentzi etc) I am at a lost. I'm probably way off the mark with the aphonopelma too LOL.:D

mr.wilderness

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im going with something from the american southwest

btw great mounting.. i cant wait for some of my Ts to kick the bucket so i can mout them up (just kidding... sorta lol)
Thanks, I take pride in my work (esp. with t's ;) ) Thats the good thing about arthros though, if they die you can still keep them and scare people with ;) It sucks because all the other ones were easy to figure out but this one -c. crawshayi, g. pulchra, p. antinuous = easy-

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Based on the colored rim around the carapace. I'm going to say it's from South or Central America.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ugh, now that I look at it, it does look theraphosa-ish too. :wall:
You have yourself a mystery t!

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
call this a blind shot, but i'd guess A. seemani; an Aphonopelma spp. at least. can you get a good shot of the spinnerets?

mr.wilderness

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll try to get a good pic of the spinnerets, but bear with me 'cause my camera kinda sux {D And yes, the fangs are pretty large, so its not just you shammer ;) That's what made me think it was pretty cool when I first mounted it.