PDA

View Full Version : Cool picture

Mendnwngs
06-25-2003, 03:29 PM
Borrowed this image from a friend who is also an amature photographer.

A document of the wild kingdom playing out in your back yard. :)

Any Idea what kind of spider this is? Kinda looks like a crab spider of some kind..

-Jason

Doug H
06-25-2003, 03:32 PM
that woould be a Lynx spider. they are very very cool.

Doug H.

Sean
06-25-2003, 03:43 PM
wow, how does someone come across something like that, that is too cool, i wish i could go in my backyard and see critters like that, if i wanna see critters like that i have to walk 15 minutes in the heat

TheDon
06-25-2003, 05:06 PM
lol 15 mins you lazy bugger. If i could walk 15 mins even 45 mins to see something really cool I definately would. Especially if there were tarantulas around here but unfortunately i live in Canada where there are no T's in the wild =( love Canada and all but no T's.

peace

TheDon

spider
06-25-2003, 06:48 PM
well, sort of looks like a golden lynx spider to me , But me & my bro`s and my dad occasionally go to Natchez,MS and there is where i catch my trap doors currently just seeing males but if ya`ll go don`t get your hopes to high cuz i found two males of mine on the last day of my visit and i stayed for 10 days doing a herptelogical seurvey for ST. catherine creek national wild life refuge, Not to sure if i spelled that the correct way but i had full access to the refuge so if ya`ll went your access is limited.

bye any ways.

atmosphere
06-25-2003, 07:00 PM
That photo is awesome ! Bet the bee never saw that comming .:D

WYSIWYG
06-26-2003, 12:49 AM
Jason,

Your friend is very talented. I love the color scheme! :)

What kind of camera and lense was he using? (I'm a photograpy minor so always looking for tips on taking better photos. :)

Wysi

Jakob
06-26-2003, 03:05 AM
Yes a lynx spider of some sort indeed. I have tons of green/yellow ones in my yard that breed every summer and fall. They get pretty big too. Very nice-looking spiders.

Mendnwngs
06-26-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by WYSIWYG
Jason,

Your friend is very talented. I love the color scheme! :)

What kind of camera and lense was he using? (I'm a photograpy minor so always looking for tips on taking better photos. :)

Wysi

I believe it was a Canon PowerShot digital? With the Hoya close-up filters (all 3 stacked) for a +7 magnification value. Tripod, and just at the right place at the right time.

I dont really have a digital camera per se (Have a Sony Handycam that also takes 1Mp pics) But I work mainly with film.

My macros are done with a Mamiya 645-m Medium format, so its a slightly different animal than digital.

I was really impressed with the shot above tho.

-Jason

caligulathegod
06-28-2003, 08:21 PM
"mmm, sweet."