Successful C. crawshayi breeding

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The title says it all my friends. He made a sperm web early today, he was settled in her tank for a couple hours then tried him out. Pics are loading as I type this, I'll be adding them as well as a hilarious story to back um up here in a bit! Be patient!!! :)

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You mean successful mating? Either way Congratulations!

This can be quite the feat {D

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You mean successful mating? Either way Congratulations!

This can be quite the feat {D
Haha mating yes, Mods should change the title. Anyways, I am still shaken right now and was when I typed this. Trying to get a picture when the male is holding her up is VERY tricky, and while keeping the tongs right infront of her while looking horizontal to see the insersions was also very hard. I will say this, he inserted both palps and each time she charged afterwards, but only a couple inches. He then tapped back and she lifted and he went for it again and inserted with the other palp, once I saw his palp flip up, she went down quick as lightning and would not give up. Now I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for a sac. My Q is, cool her or not? I'd really like your advice on this Ryan.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pics

Here is the male searching her tank

He found her old exo and went nuts shaking and tapping on it, it was hilarious!!

I grab the old skin with my tongs and gently tug it towards the direction of her burrow and drop it on the opposite side, he gets the hint.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think he jumped back several inches!!! I would!!!

He inserted once with his left palp, she went down but only charged a couple inches, this pic is of the second try with his right palp. It is the last photo b/c she went absolutely crazy and I had to drop everything and help the lil guy out!

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Holy <feces>!!! Is that the usual size differential between a MM and a MF Crawshayi?? :eek: No wonder the males don't fare too well. He'd be just an appetizer to her.

I have to say Austin, you did an incredible job setting it up AND taking photos too! Way to rescue the little guy. Well done!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
< jaw dropped at size difference>. After he went through all that intimidation, she'd better produce a sac!!!

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
all i can hear is,

"hey baby, how you do------- WHOOOAAAAAAA!!!!!"

{D

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is HUGE !!!

Awesome :)

Very glad it went that well.

Nice pics as well.

let's hope for the best, the hobby needs more CB

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great pics as always Austin. Congrats on the breeding & the lil guy making it out alive! I bet when that colossus bolted out of her burrow his "game face" did a 180:D _she is the definition of Femme Fatale!

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Way to go, Austin!!

man, that female is HUGE!! She dwarfs him by a lot. look at his skinny little legs when he's holding her up, lol! Glad to hear you saved his skin!

rochi69

Arachnopeon
the size difference is so fasinating yet disturbing. female looks like juggernaut. great pics btw. wish you a good "SAC"