Baby Crickets in my Rose Tank

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
There is Baby Crickets in my Rose Tank should I change the substrate? or just let the little crickets die off? or is there another way to get rid of them? get back to me thnx

TheDon

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This happens to me once in awhile, I usually let them die off.

They don't live very long. If the substrate is moist at all, let it dry out and they will go away.

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
The only time crickets can cause a problem is when the T is molting. At this point they are just extra food:D Keep an eye on the T, you shouldn't have any problems.

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey man, i always get those in my geniculata`s tank i just use tweezers to get them out i consider this a good thing cuz now i can feed my slings & the genic for the price of one they don`t hert any thing at all

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just catch as many as I can and throw them in a container with a balled up wet piece of toilet paper and some food. I caught some a month or so ago and they have grown a lot and not a single one has died. Just make sure to keep the source of water wet and they do well.

No sence in wasting perfectly good T food :}

Jim B.

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just put in a shallow water dish. They will jump in and drown.

Bob

PrincessToad

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I put in a toilet paper roll and all the crickets migrate to that then I pull the roll out and transfer the crickets to my cricket cage.