Mom wants a T!

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My mother never has been much for bugs or creepy crawly critters. When I first started keeping T's she though I was a little strange, when I started breeding them she thought I was a lot strange LOL.
Now that she has seen mine and also seen all the different variety of T's at reptile shows she is getting interested.
Today she asked me if she could have one of the H. incei slings that I hatched out! Ya mom. I'll keep her sling until it molts a couple more times then help her get it all set up. Of course I'll have to do cage transfers and such but I don't mind. If all goes well I might give her my 3" female B. smithi later next year, I know she really likes their colors.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now THAT is a gift of love.....
wanna adopt me? lololol {D
Congrats on making a new convert....:clap:
~Rochelle

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cool!!! Another one that got lured to the darkside!!!

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I wish my mom' s like that. My mom likes my Ts better than my snakes though. :D

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wish my mom' s like that. My mom likes my Ts better than my snakes though. :D
Oh yah, mom hates my snakes too:) I've tried to get her interested in them but it will never happen, she is too afraid.

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats cool and mom has her own personal breeder - Even Cooler! ;)

Profkrakatoa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
cool mom. i wish my mom is like yours.
I wish my SON likes my T's! He's scared of them. So here's is the Mom with the tarantulas to start and I'm working on converting my kid. He just seems really phobic though so I'm not pushing him. He won't even look at them when they're spread out full legspan on the side of the tank & moving.

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my mom actually got me into the hobby. When i was very young she had a female B.smithi, that she got from a guy going over seas for the army. i remember always being in aww of just how beautiful she was. Cindi died when i was maybe 8 or 9, but my mom had her at least as long as I had been around. I have a cool mommy:):D

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wish my dad would come around. :rolleyes: my mom likes tarantulas, she just doesn't want one because she doesn't want something that'll live for a long time, she and my dad plan to travel once my sister and I move out. my dads a totally sissy when it comes to tarantulas, he can't even look at a picture with out shuddering. my sister is kind of the same way, but she's starting to come around, she touched by 5" b. smithi yesterday, and my MM A. avicularia today. But my best friend's really coming around {D She seems to becoming more fond of certain species, I think I'm going to get her an A. versicolor. She really likes that one. :D

Nokturnal1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My mother is a die hard arachnophobe (spelling?), but she always asks questions. So maybe one day but I doubt it.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I guess the reason my mom doesn't want one is acctually cause of my dad, who hates them. But if she were to get one she'd want a T. blondi {D

Amelia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats! It is always such a wonderful thing when members of the family share the same interests. My family gets along swimmingly because we all participate in things together, like the same things, etc. Family bonding. It makes pursuing interests much easier.

Hah, my mom is pretty cool with my babies. Despite being a young adult, while living here with free rent for me and my three horses, I can do/get what I want, but like running it past her so that we have a good start. I don't like springing stuff on her, especially with a living creature. She has learned alot and is very tolerant and accepting. What is really cool, is I am getting my nephew started early at the ripe age of three. When I come home he will always runs up to me and say "Mellie, can we go see your spiders and your cockroachers." (Yep, cockroachERs. Cutest thing since him saying he hated 'Cabras, when he couldn't watch his show because we were watching something on cupacabras). The eight year old is more interested in amphibians and is in charge of taking care of Murphy, the little aquatic frog. He freaked out and called me today scared that he killed the frog by feeding him four pieces of food instead of three. :eek: He wants to get the Murphy Frog a Mindy Frog friend. I really like being able to bond so well and in such of a way with my family.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hope my mom gets into it too...
shes too afriad of anything with venom and thinks theyre not interactive.:(

H. incei....arent those communal?
why not set up acommunal for her.:D

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
great idea , lets all start resurrecting threads that died 2 years ago lol
not THATS going over to the dark side lol

dantediss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My parents moved to tennessee...my mom said its to show how much she hates my ts.... gawsh all this time i thought it was me she hated hahaha im joking

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my mom loves my g rosea dont know what to think about my slings HATES my scorpions except my 2nd instar emperors and she loves the snakes we use to have she is dying to get her a red tail boa and another ball python

Dyon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My mom likes my spiders,if i tell her i want a animal that needs a bigger enclosure she tells me to get more T's :D