he's a dead man

kaptinhormone

Arachnopeon
i came home last night after a birthday dinner with my parents to find my roommate having a huge party in our apartment. here's the kicker! he and a group of kids were in my room smoking hookah and pot and making one hell of a ruckus in the process.

results of the ruckus:
my gravid g. rosea ate her egg sac
my 6" female b. smithi was hanging by 1 leg from the mesh top of her cage flailing wildly, and my p. regalis and l. parahybana actually burrowed to hide...

as far as i can tell there's no damage to their actual health, i managed to save my b. smithi... no thanks to her (as i supported her with my hand she flicked up a little storm of hairs on me... which i then rubbed on my roomies face)

so i'm angry, he has a rash, and i'm very excited to have my own apartment in 7 days.

oh and the kicker, when i asked him what he thought he was doing he said: "they're just spiders"

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Glad you're getting your own apartment... that says it all!

Sorry about the sac...

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
i came home last night after a birthday dinner with my parents to find my roommate having a huge party in our apartment. here's the kicker! he and a group of kids were in my room smoking hookah and pot and making one hell of a ruckus in the process.

results of the ruckus:
my gravid g. rosea ate her egg sac
my 6" female b. smithi was hanging by 1 leg from the mesh top of her cage flailing wildly, and my p. regalis and l. parahybana actually burrowed to hide...

as far as i can tell there's no damage to their actual health, i managed to save my b. smithi... no thanks to her (as i supported her with my hand she flicked up a little storm of hairs on me... which i then rubbed on my roomies face)

so i'm angry, he has a rash, and i'm very excited to have my own apartment in 7 days.

oh and the kicker, when i asked him what he thought he was doing he said: "they're just spiders"
the red part has little to do with him, Mesh lids are ill advised no matter what.
Inconsiderate roommates are also ill advised. Good riddance.
T

kaptinhormone

Arachnopeon
eh

yeah but she hasn't climbed since i put her in the tank at first... generally she's content to stay grounded.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh I am glad he has a rash for the T hairs. Man before you go you should say that some of those T's are worth 100s of dollars and say the rosea was an endangered T woth 500 dollars and see what he says. LOL

Sorry about you T's though, that must have been stressfull for you and them.

Cocoa-Jin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Locks are highly underrated, especially when you have an knumb-nut as a room-mate.

vvx

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Locks are highly underrated, especially when you have an knumb-nut as a room-mate.
QFT. You can replace any door knob with a locking model that uses a key for about $15 and the cost of a screwdriver. As for your roomie, I would suggest you do something to his belongings on day 6, but it might be illegal.

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Take a needle and poke holes in all his condoms. That'll teach him.

kaptinhormone

Arachnopeon
hahaha

oh man i'm glad you people understood why i was angry with him... jeeze. i relocated my T's temporarily to my parent's house, they live about 20 minutes away and my dad had a b. smithi when he was in college, so he thinks they're way cool...

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Weird, I've never had a problem with my spiders being exposed to smoke. I mean, I don't blow it right into their cages, but I've had hookah in my place a lot and never had a problem.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think if i would have been you i still be kicking him in the nuts NOW:mad: :mad: :wall: :wall: what a prat he is :( :( ---- phil

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
would it be considered attempted murder to replace the contents of a spice jar with a ground-up Brachypelma molt?

kidding, kidding.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
would it be considered attempted murder to replace the contents of a spice jar with a ground-up Brachypelma molt?

kidding, kidding.
I doubt that wud kill anyone, but
if u add that in to talk powder
sumone will have a helluva itch {D

Flying

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Also the smoke that comes out of smoking pot doesn't harm Ts.

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd agree that smoking (whatever it is) doesn't seem to harm tarantulas. Their respiration is just too passive. Maybe constant exposure over many years would do some damage but...

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I also agree that the amount of smoke likely to be produced from smoking something in the vicinity of an invert is unlikely to harm them. Still, I doubt marijuana smoke would be any less harmfull than any other type of smoke, unless your burning tires in your living room or something.

kaptinhormone

Arachnopeon
them clambaking my room only made ME angrier... it does smell haha. anyway no they were bangin' on stuff, tapping on the glass of the terrariums, yelling, blasting loud techno (and i have a pretty nice subwoofer). my T's thought it was world war III or something.