Navi: too hot for TV

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just wanted to announce that my first T, a grammostola aureostriata named Navi, has exposed all. She stripped down and molted!!! It's my first one, it was successful and she is looking BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm not sure when she did the deed, I'm thinking it was between late last night and early this morning.
Some pics...
Navi is on the left, exuvium on the right:

Navi looking much darker and furrier:

The exuvium (it's softening as we speak so I can peek at her parts):

I'm so happy!!!!!! {D {D {D
I didn't even know it was coming because she had just eaten about two weeks ago (as a matter of fact I overfed her which is why I let her go a little longer) and her abdomen didn't look black. Guess she won't be eating for another week or two, but that's alright because at least she made it out safely. Actually, that may have been why she'd been so irritable lately. She actually haired me about a week or so ago, so I suppose that would be typical pre-molt behavior? I don't know because this is my first... :)

Profkrakatoa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congratulations! How exciting! And she looks lovely in her "new clothes".

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats!

I have a little one. I can't wait till she gets all big and furry like that.

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats! Isn't your first molt so EXCITING!! Heck, evrytime a T molts is exciting. It's my favorite aspect of T-keeping. Navi looks great!

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yay, her exuvium is nice and soft now so I took a pic of her spermethecae. It looks really cool :D
I do believe that she is, indeed, a she:

Thanks everyone :D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I agree, looks like a girl, and a very lovely young lady at that. Congrats to you and to her on the moult!!!!!

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine is smaller than that, but when it was in pre-molt, it also haired when disturbed. :rolleyes: But she is docile as can be now! Very beautiful girl you have there! Congrats :)

arachnophoria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great gal you got there Truff.Chaco golden knee is still on my list to get:drool: .I had a moltorama over here the last couple of days:).My Nhandu chromatus molted,both my irminia,2 out of 3 chevrons,and my 2 tiny tiger rumps.I moved the Chevrons and irminis into new homes,b/c they were so much bigger,but I hadn't realized they had molted recently,b/c they had the molts sealed with them in thier tubes.I normally would not disturb a freshly molted T,but it was too late...once I removed the hides,the tube webs and disruption went with it..lol I love molts.