rosea sac update

arachnophoria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My rosea sac turned out to be either infertiel or just a failure.She came form a pet store and dropped a sac,so I'm not upset,but thought I'd give an update.She was still guarding it and carrying it around,then I noticed some little maggots falling from it:eek: I removed it and opened it to find very few maggots and balckened lump of dead/dried eggs.I don't think the maggots caused the issue,I think they came after the eggs were dead.Any idea ho wlong it will taker her to get over her sac and eat again?She is still in gaurding mode:D

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about your loss. It surprises me a little after how well she seemed to be taking care of it. You win some, you lose some. Will you ever think about breeding now after having experienced the sac process?

arachnophoria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the advice/condolences.
I am very dedicated to the idea of breeding in the future.I already have groups or pairs of som species,that I am intending to breed.Rosea are not on my list to breed,but if a rcf showed up at the right time....I could be tempted.:D

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the advice/condolences.
I am very dedicated to the idea of breeding in the future.I already have groups or pairs of som species,that I am intending to breed.Rosea are not on my list to breed,but if a rcf showed up at the right time....I could be tempted.:D
I'm with you. I have a big momma rosea aka "Psycho Rosea" but there are already so many rosies on the market. I plan to try breeding my lividums and minax, "Baby" when she is mature. It will help cut down the demand for WCs.
Sorry about the loss of her sac. Hope she gets over it soon.

arachnophoria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She is eating her food now and over the drive to protect her decaying ball of silk:).That is the same reason I am not so interested in breeding her,they are just soooo common.I don't think them any less of a tarantula,but she just isn't on my priority list.Maybe when she is much bigger or we get here a red headed boy toy.....those rcfs are some handsome Ts:drool: .