New babies in the house!!!

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey all. Been gone cause my daughter had her tonsils/adenoids out on Friday, but the respite care (AKA Grandma) filled in to let me go to the N-TEC Xmas party at Patrick's Sat eve where I picked up a few new kids.

Remember, all pics taken with a camcorder. :(

Up first, Xmas present from my mother. Thank you Patrick. Confirmed female P irminia. She's 1.75 inches. Did some rearranging last pm, and mader herself a nice burrow under the angle of the corkbark. Sorry for the poor pic, she wouldn't stay still.

Next, C lamanai (Beckie). She came from Frank, as did the rest to follow. The only one to give me it's name yet. About 4 inches.

Third; G aureostriata. Confirmed female (by Patrick), about 2.25 inches. Frank had brought her to the last meeting, and I got to hold this one.

TBC

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Fourth; A chacoana, unknown. This one is about 2 inches, and this pic shows all I have seen of it since it came home. Can anyone spot the booty???

Fifth; a P scrofa sling, about 5/8 inch. This kiddo likes to be up high, I will be adding strate. In this pic it is taking a serious bath!

So that's all MY new kids. Frank was fabulous enought o start my 11yo out in the hooby with a few Ts of his own. Coming up next....

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok, so Christopher got a couple things from Frank, and I believe out first up actually came from Patrick, so I have to give him credit too.

C fasciatum sling, same sac as Suma! About 3/8 inch. Has burrowed deep, and closed off the top. Dark in pre-molt right now.

From Frank; G rosea, about .75 inch. Funny how I keep finding this one and the scrofa in similar poses. LOL

Finally, Sweetlegs, a gorgeous wolf spider. The pic doesn't do her justice!! I guess-timate her at about 2.5 inch LS. Frank didn't know beforehand, but his timing in this was great. We'd just lost my son's wolf (?) sling on Thursday am. We are re-housing her this eve.

So, that's all the new kids at our house.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW!!! You got some great kids there. I'm glad to see your son is getting another wolf spider. It's a shame he lost his previous one. I hope your kids do well and are healthy! Congrats!!! :clap:

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow! Great new addition to the brood. Don't you just love G aureos? Such gentle giants. I have a 1" juvie and he/she is a riot. Used to hate being handled, now hates going back in the KK and definitely HATES to be watched while eating! Does yours?

Cool Wolf too, how big? Great new additions! Congrats!:clap: :clap: :clap:

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey ladies, thanks.

Yeah, I'm very happy about the additions to the addiction. {D

Desert; I think I put measurements with the pics.....yep, I did. I haven't fed anyone yet. They all came home on Sat eve, and feeding days here are Thursdays. Even though the wolf isn't "mine", I find her to be one I look in on a lot. LOL. She's just sooo pretty. We re-housed her last pm, but I work all day today, so pics will have to wait til later. :(

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats penny'smom! You are going to love the irminia :D
I do love her, but she has created herself a burrow under the angle of her corkbark using her strate. So, right now what I mostly get to see is a leg or two teasing me from the burrow entrance. She is quick to retreat if I get too near.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have an adult female, and she barely shows herself off.. But when she does walk around, I make sure and watch! Something about the reclusive beauty