Escape artist facing possible expiration

Osirus

Arachnopeon
:eek: little drama on saturday afternoon, it would have been a morning thing but i was hungover and unawares of one of my slings adventures.. Basically after getting up and being sick ( from the mixing of many boooze ) I finally was relaxing in my tv room where my babies are i noticed that my OBT sling looked like he was out of his container, surely its got to be a reflection off the plastic, nope she got out somehow somewhere. I dont know when either, so i start getting stuff to catch her, some how when she got out she got her self stuck on the ducktape that i had to hold on the lid of her cage. I specifically put it on to keep the top so she could not push up the lid and get out, either way i noticed she was stuck, so i pulled the tape off of the cage as gently as possible and held it in my hand and as gently as i could and got her legs one by one off the ducktape, she seemed pretty fiesty, after like 5 minutes of being as careful as i could i got her loose from the tape. There was some casualty's she lost 2-3 legs, i got her without incident in to a smaller container that i can take better care of her, she still quite fast and webbing the new container, hopefully ill be able to take care of her till she molts a couple of times and gets here legs back, kinda survival of the fittest now, but quite depressing and hard work with a hang over, im also prekilling her food incase she cannot catch, im just hoping for the best.

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bit grizzly there...:eek: :eek: Poor baby. :( If this ever happens again just get the tape wet, anything gets off wet tape without loosing so much as a hair. Good luck.

Osirus

Arachnopeon
even ducktape? that would have been a nice trick and easier than one leg at a time. ill definately try next time if i have too. thanks for the tip.

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Warming the duct tape with a hair dryer will soften the adhesive as well.