New H lividum girl

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One of my latest additions. She is hanging out in her "hammock" despite being offered a hide and a starter burrow. I thought at first she was going to molt but she keeps right on eating and just hanging out. My male H lividum is mild compared to her. She gives me a threat display just on general principal! "Yes MAM!" is all I tell her. This photo is not "enhanced" or spiffed up at all. It's her true colors....just like her disposition! LOL

Last edited:

unclechewy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those colors are awesome, congrats on the new addition. :clap: {D

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Stunning! My Female H. Lividum never shows off like that :wall: -she's a typical pet hole but I do get to see her SOME nights if I stay up late enough!

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's a looker!!! Beautiful color. Is she pre-molt, or just well fed???

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She's a looker!!! Beautiful color. Is she pre-molt, or just well fed???
It's a good question and I keep thinking she is in pre-molt but if so she has been there a good two-three weeks. My male ate the day before he molted and never darkened that much so it's possible but I'm just not sure.:?

She is such a fiesty one, I'm reeeal careful with her. She's a big girl already so I only feed her a couple crickets a week. I guess only time will tell.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Is she WC? When i got my WC H lividum she did the same sort of thing. I think she had been in transport from Burma (or wherever) for months. As soon as i got her in an appropriate tank she dug a shallow depression, webbed the heck out of it and molted within 2 weeks. Once she'd hardened up it was right to business what with the digging and the shoveling and the trying to kill me...

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL, Ethan. Yeah, what you say sounds right. Don't know for sure but she probably is a WC. I plan to breed her when she is old enough. Good luck to the male on that one!