Just now received my C.Crawshayi!!

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just signed for & brought the box in the house for my 6" female King Baboon, I have'nt even opened it yet! Talk about your early Christmas!!:p
I am still in the process of drying out the eco earth to fill her terrarium-yikes!
I wasn't expecting delivery for a couple of hours yet so the USPS really came through for once. She came from Dean @ NWInverts, (Thanks)so thats pretty good time from Oregon to Tx in 2 days.
I'll post pics as soon as I get her unboxed if she'll behave. This will be my first agrressive T so hopefully I can get her housed & settled in with all my parts intact!

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Major congrats!!

i have a small juvie that i am wanting to sex but her molts always dry up in her burrow and get trashed when i try to pull them out without damaging her burrow. They take forever to grow. If this one doesn't turn out to be a female i may do what you did and just buy a big girl.

They are awesome T's! Looking forward to your pics!

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
beasts of AFRICA!

this is a MEGA sized sp!! i just got my first one aswell 2 weeks ago.....its now just a long tunnel with plants at the top!! mine is 7-7.5 inches huge!!have fun with her!!

sb

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's a few semi-fuzzy pics in her shipping container.

I about to transfer her to the terrarium in a minute~:eek: .

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
{D How's this for irony! Here's an ad that was on the packing paper in the box with her!:D :rolleyes:

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, by all means give them a call. It sure sounds like you've got a spider problem {D {D. Congrats on your new T she's certainly a looker!

scolex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:D Congrats on your new pick up!!! I don't blame you for just buying an adult. My sling is almost the same size as last year LOL unlike my other T's!

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not much on waiting so I just had to get a big girl and I got a GREAT deal @ NWInverts. I can't wait to see how much larger she'll get.
Here are a few pics just after I placed her in the encloser right before she crept down into her lair I formed for her.

Now waiting to get the tape measure next to her-from the OUTSIDE of the glass of course!:rolleyes:

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW! She is beautiful. i can't wait for mine to grow to that size but i think i will be waiting for a long, long time!

P.S. Nice set up too! It won't be long before she moves underground!

Sr. Chencho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice Female King;

SNAFU,
She is awesome, and her hind legs look majestic. Nice enclosure looks very nice too. I too, can't wait for my 2" sling to grow to that size. Maybe I should look for a female myself.
Great find and purchase. Enjoy!!

Fredster
Not as lean or mean,
Still U.S. Marine!!

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What's with her fat back legs? Do all of this species have them? Looks like she's wearing parachute pants {D

Congratulations, she's a sweet spid

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW, gorgeous girl you've got there. Those legs are just to die for. Thick beauty, you lucky dog!!! :D :clap:

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
Just keep the temps up and feed feed feed....PFing with good house keeping (no leftovers/decaying matter) can bring them to a reasonable growth rate. She will dig clear to the bottom af almost any enclosure, take pics while you can....;)

Last edited:

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nich-won't have any problem with her eating thats for sure! She was in her little den (under the grapevine in the pics above) with a thin layer of web across the front & I tossed in two large crickets. One of them got into the web & she charged & grabbed both of them! It was awesome!!{D
My kids can't get over how big she is & she's just 6". When they bring their friends over to see her maybe I should charge admission-lol;)