Cyclosternum fasciatum: My newest baby (approx 2" juvie)

AGTrauger

Arachnopeon
Tuesday I finally got the C.fasciatum that's been on my want list for quite awhile :} I got it from Chris at Krazy 8's and it has already webbed its keeper extensively on the 2nd night! All my other babies took a week or more to get comfortable in their new homes. I wish I had a video camera last night/this morning!:( When I was ready to go sleep around 12:30 I checked on my spideys as always and this little one was webbing like crazy. It was doing insane 4 and 6 legged handstand pushups with her stripey butt waving back and forth and spinnerets waving crazily as it spun webbing. I ended up staying awake until 3:30am watching with my redlight flashlight so as not to disturb. I couldn't pull myself away it was such an awesome sight! Here are some pictures. Enjoy...I know I do ;P

Attachments

melanie5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice pics.
Is it true that this species was formaly known as Davus fasciatus? I bought mine with that name, but it seems to have changed into Cyclosternum fasciatum.

AGTrauger

Arachnopeon
Nice pics.
Is it true that this species was formaly known as Davus fasciatus? I bought mine with that name, but it seems to have changed into Cyclosternum fasciatum.
Thanks I really love this spidey even after only 2 days and the 1st it was hidden in the coconut 1/2shell. I'd never heard of D.fasciatus but looking on the web they appear to be the same species :?

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
one of my favorites! Thanks for posting pictures!

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's a beaut. My little one is just now a half inch, and started showing booty striping shadows after the most recent molt 10 days ago. They are such pretty gems!