Cyclosternum Fasciatum!

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, that c.fasciatum (still unnamed :( ) that I got two weeks ago at a Reptile Show apparently molted! I have no idea when it happened. Basically, the day after I got her into her new home, she went into her coconut hide and webbed the entrance shut. I just assumed she was just settling in. Well, almost two weeks later to the day, I checked up on her to fill her water and she had her hide opened up. I figured, OK she might be ready to eat now. Well, she slowly crept out as the cricket approached. Then, to my surprised, I noticed that she appeared...different. I hadn't seen her in two weeks though, so I figured maybe she just was brighter than I remembered. Then, as she exited her burrow completely, I noticed her GORGEOUS rump. The bald spot she had before was completely black and orange and furry. I knew something was amiss, so I got a flashlight and looked inside her hide. Giant molt mat, check. Molt...hmm...I angled the flashlight a bit more, and sure enough, perched in the far corner of her little burrow sat a curled up exuvium!!! I was delighted! She is so gorgeous now!!! Unfortunately, since I have absolutely no idea when it happened, I removed the cricket in case her fangs aren't hard yet (like if she just molted 3 days ago). To be on the safe side, I think I'll hold off feeding for just one more week. She definitely seemed eager to eat though, she stalked the cricket around until I removed it. She since has now retired back to her burrow since the whole process of removing the cricket caused a little too much movement for her liking. I'm just so excited that now I've had TWO molts!!! Gosh, I just can't believe how amazing she looks now. She was sort of brownish before but now she's as black as night and that orange is so fiery!!! :D :D :D

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't even need a pic, you have great detail!
I love molts :) congrats on #2