A. avicularia With Eggsac At My LPS... Anybody Interested??

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I stopped in to buy crickets tonight and noticed that one of the dozens of avics at the store is holding an egg sac. Each T is individually-housed in a deli container. The store can't tell me if the Ts are WC or CB, but they got 9 dozen of them of various adult sizes in at one time, so I tend to think that they are WC. She's a smaller female (maybe 3"), and the sac is slightly larger than a quarter in diameter. I'm assuming that the sac is legit (although there's no way to know for sure) because these are hardly the "ideal" conditions that would typically prompt a T to drop a dummy sac. Of course if it turns out to be a dud, you atleast know that you're getting a confirmed female.

I told them to leave the sac with mom and I'd ask around. The T is on sale for $14.99 + tax. They might be persuaded to just give me the sac, but I didn't ask. I just don't want any slings to get canned if I can help it.

So... are any of you interested? I'd be happy to rescue mommy and ship her and the babies to an interested party.

Somebody adopt them!! :worship:

Amanda

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I stopped in to buy crickets tonight and noticed that one of the dozens of avics at the store is holding an egg sac. Each T is individually-housed in a deli container. The store can't tell me if the Ts are WC or CB, but they got 9 dozen of them of various adult sizes in at one time, so I tend to think that they are WC. She's a smaller female (maybe 3"), and the sac is slightly larger than a quarter in diameter. I'm assuming that the sac is legit (although there's no way to know for sure) because these are hardly the "ideal" conditions that would typically prompt a T to drop a dummy sac. Of course if it turns out to be a dud, you atleast know that you're getting a confirmed female.

I told them to leave the sac with mom and I'd ask around. The T is on sale for $14.99 + tax. They might be persuaded to just give me the sac, but I didn't ask. I just don't want any slings to get canned if I can help it.

So... are any of you interested? I'd be happy to rescue mommy and ship her and the babies to an interested party.

Somebody adopt them!! :worship:

Amanda
Just wondering if you got my PM I sent immediately after you posted. I am so excited at the prospect!!!:D :D

Sabatta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you can send them to Canada I will adopt them.

vvx

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, look at all the interest! I'll bet there's good money to be had checking all the LPS for eggsacs and selling them here. Hmm...

Grats to whoever gets it. :)

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, look at all the interest! I'll bet there's good money to be had checking all the LPS for eggsacs and selling them here. Hmm...

Grats to whoever gets it. :)
LOL, That is EXACTLY what I thought! And watch, bet the LPS has already sold it!{D

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sorry for the slow reply guys and gals. In addition to Christmas, my mom's birthday was on the 23rd, so it's been a little nuts around here.

Not to worry... Pink-toed Mother Mary and sac-of-infants are safe and sound in my T-manger! I picked her up yesterday. The T-hobby is pretty small around here, so I wasn't worried that she'd sell very quickly. The pm and in-thread response was amazing! I've pm'ed the future owner. I took shipping-distance into consideration. I'd like to put the least amount of stress on her as possible, especially this time of year when the weather is hardly consistent from one part of the country to another.

I'll respond to all of your pm's later today. I'm going to need advice on how to ship a T with an egg sac as well. Do I separate the sac from mom for shipping?

Anyhoo... MERRY CHRISTMAS (And Happy Everything Else ;) )!!