Crassicrus lamanai - Belize Cinnamon #2

imjim

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got the other Crassicrus lamanai - Belize Cinnamon today.

This one is petty fast, very jumpy, and escaped for about 5 minutes during the transfer to her new home ; )

At one point she flipped herself on her back and stayed there until I nudged her. She has more spirit than my King Baboon - really. Her setae is silvery white in some spots she looks like a miniature grizzly bear and may believe she is one ; )

Anyway she's in her new home now safe and secure. . . I'm hoping she'll settle down some.

Here are a few quick photos:

http://moijim.spaces.live.com/photos/cns!218C8D8A0844E497!2125/

Last edited:

imjim

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She's very pretty! You should name her Noel! {D

I haven't named any yet but that would a nice name.

She's already eating and checking out her new burrow nice change from the pet shop were she was living out in the open with a dry water dish.

It'll be interesting to see her and the other cinnamon and a recently acquired A. seemanni after a badly needed molt. They all seem a little scruffy looking just now.

Merry Christmas all. . .

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, Jim, she's a beauty!! :clap: I'd like to get one of those someday :D

-Sarah

imjim

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, Jim, she's a beauty!! :clap: I'd like to get one of those someday :D

-Sarah
Be careful what you ask for ; )

This thing is nuts and pretty fast! As I was cleaning, arranging the terrarium substrate and she was sitting quietly in the corner then all of a sudden she springs up and over the side for escape number 2 but landed on its back again. I kind of expected another crazy response from this one and had a deli capture cup close at hand ; )

I read somewhere that playing dead is one of this species escape tactics?

Since then its dug in with a trap door in the buried coconut shell hide, at least I'll have a bit more reaction time? ; )

Last edited:

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i don't know about playing dead, but i'm not surprised by the "flip and threaten" routine. remember, most c. lamanai you get are wild caught. it tends to make them a little more crazy ;)

mine are pretty good about running and hiding when i open their containers. i've had a couple who will hold their ground, and one of them has struck at my paint brush when i was trying to move her and reach her dish.

needless to say, those two have been named "atilla" and "genghis" :D

imjim

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i don't know about playing dead, but i'm not surprised by the "flip and threaten" routine. remember, most c. lamanai you get are wild caught. it tends to make them a little more crazy ;)

mine are pretty good about running and hiding when i open their containers. i've had a couple who will hold their ground, and one of them has struck at my paint brush when i was trying to move her and reach her dish.

needless to say, those two have been named "atilla" and "genghis" :D
The girl at the pet shop did seem a little too happy when I purchased the monster ; )

I really expected it to be docile - wrong ; )