Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Bad eggs. Now I can think of at least three people that are going to get together and have a few beers and laugh at this post, but hey, I share the good and the bad.
The blondi had her sac near the side of the tank and I used a flashlight to see if I could check the status of the sac without bothering her. Not all was well. I could see black eggs so I pulled it and found this. Interesting I did not know they could have that many eggs in a sac. But still. Maybe next time.

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just motor on mate learn what you can from it and move on good try. good luck next time.

by the way what where the temps and humidity like

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry about that Ryan, try to ignore the naysayers. Better luck next time!!! :eek:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ryan, I'm so sorry!!! *hug* Is okay, it will work next time!!!!!

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Bad news Ryan. Did you bread this one or wild caught ? I have an 8 inch female ready to molt. I want to bread her too..........

Bob

unclechewy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm a newbie, so forgive this newbie question. How are you able to tell all the eggs are bad? Obviously the black ones are, but how can you tell with the others? Is it just the color in comparison to other viable eggs you have had? Just curious. :?

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm a newbie, so forgive this newbie question. How are you able to tell all the eggs are bad? Obviously the black ones are, but how can you tell with the others? Is it just the color in comparison to other viable eggs you have had? Just curious. :?
Like you said, obviously the black ones are bad. The others have a really deep orange color, making them bad as well. Good eggs, from what I've seen, have a very pale yellow color. You would know one when you saw it.
Here's a pic I dug up:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=100459&page=14&highlight=eggs
Scroll down a bit to see the eggs peeking out of the eggsac...

mbreptiles

Arachnopeon
Bummer! I was hoping to get a few from you too... I hate it when I get bad eggs with reptiles.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I read the other thread, but what do you think went bad this time then? was is moisture errors or what? The time of the year? Temperature?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That really sucks! Curious about what many of the others have asked; temps, humidity, etc.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
164 blondi eggs in a sac, 164 blondi eggs. and what would happen if 1 of them is bad, 163 blondi eggs in a sac.
163 blondi eggs in a sac, 163 blondi eggs. and what would happen if 1 of them is bad, 162 blondi eggs in a sac.
162 blondi eggs in a sac, 162 blondi eggs. and what would happen if 1 of them is bad, 161 blondi eggs in a sac.
161 blondi eggs in a sac, 161 blondi eggs. and what would happen if 1 of them is bad, 160 blondi eggs in a sac.
160 blondi eggs in a sac, 160 blondi eggs. and what would happen if 1 of them is bad, 159 blondi eggs in a sac.
159 blondi eggs in a sac, 159 blondi eggs. and what would happen if 1 of them is bad, 158 blondi eggs in a sac.
158 blondi eggs in a sac, 158 blondi eggs. and what would happen if 1 of them is bad, 157 blondi eggs in a sac.
157 blondi eggs in a sac, 157 blondi eggs. and what would happen if 1 of them is bad, 156 blondi eggs in a sac.

ah well you get the idea.

now where is that beer?

forhorsmn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry

:( Sorry to hear about the bad sac. Maybe next time. I've been looking to get a blondi but I don't see many around. Maybe this isn't a rare thing to happen with the CB T. blondi.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bummer!! I too was hoping this sac would make.

Ryan, which is worse, having a sac that is no good, or having a female that will not lay a sac?