New T yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have a new T YAY its a Hysterocrates gigas (Cameroon Rusty Red) its a female she is black so she has just had her molt im so stoked yay only one question Dry or Damp substrate

miarachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I keep mine fairly dry. Just enough moister to keep humidity up to 45%.

Sylvi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And I keep mine damp, so you may need some more posts lol. These Ts swim.

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok then i dont think Focu will be open i need some more plants and a spray bottle to mist then

Sylvi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't spray mine regularly. They are kept on peat in very deep big jars. They are terrific multi burrowers and I like to see all their chambers. I give the top a good spray and the water soaks down the jar so it's damp on top and a bit more damper on the bottom. There are several threads about them swimming if you search. I tried to set up a swimming tank for one of mine, it was quite interesting. When spooked, the T didn't run for his burrow he headed for his pool, and dangled on the edge ready to dive. I've taken it out at the moment as it was a pain to keep clean - I have to re-design and try again.
Mine are only about 1.5" at the moment, and they do like to come out and wander about so they are going to need a big deep tank I think.