A. versi mating

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
These two connected today. I've been introducing the male off and on for the past couple weeks, but he wasn't interested until now. He walked over and felt her web, poked around for a couple seconds, and then walked into the entrance. She came running out, he backed out, and they played slappy feet for a few seconds until he got in there and started doing inserts. Lasted a couple minutes and then they pushed off. She went back down in her nest and I prodded him back into his container.

Am I the only one who breaks out in a sweat while mating Ts?

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
more luck than i'm having with my a. avic. she runs from the male every time he tries to say hello :(

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Really beautiful shot. They sure are an eye-popping sp. Do post when you get a sac.

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sighs

Is there anything you can't breed? Sign me up for slings, I love versi's! Any chance for G. pulchras this year????

Rabid Flea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nope! you are not the only one that sweats! when i was breeding my H. maculatas (ones in my avitar) i had ChrisNCT and Debby on IM and i was sweating bullets!!! Congrats on the mating! Nice looking Ts you have there!

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sac 3/1/08. Hope it's good. She did not want anything to do with the male after the first mating. I put him in with her twice more after observing a sperm web, but she would not come out when he tapped. I cohabited twice overnight, so 2nd mating is possible. No sperm web was observed here prior to first mating, so unless he webbed prior to my receipt of him, he was shooting blanks on round one.