:D My Grammostola Rosea was on the "Rachel Ray Show" November 8th 2007

TheSoulja

Arachnopeon
When my dad bought it and its mate at a show in New York, the salesperson said it was the exact G. Rosea that made a guest appearance on the Rachel Ray Show on November 8th 2007. It was aired as a part of Jarod Millers animal segment. This shows that spiders and tarantulas are popular and that our hobbies and pets are just as interesting as a major band or pro athlete. :D

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show/segments/view/pick-your-poison/

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, too bad that guy had so much bad info on spiders. Nice rosy.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Passable info, though a lot of technical stuff incorrect.

(neither animal is poisonous, all are venomous, so therefore either one he picked would have been the wrong answer.)

Good thing the rosea stayed on his hand when he took it out!!!

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Passable info, though a lot of technical stuff incorrect.

(neither animal is poisonous, all are venomous, so therefore either one he picked would have been the wrong answer.)

Good thing the rosea stayed on his hand when he took it out!!!
lol..How many times did you cringe when he said "poisonous"? HaHa!
Shock and Awe people, Shock and Awe....

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the black widow looks more like a brown widow.

TheSoulja

Arachnopeon
misinformed

Haha...Yeah he seemed misinformed, but he was still entertaining. My Rosy, who Ive named "Mystii" (her mate is "Kronik", also a Rosy) are my first tarantulas, but Im getting into it more and more and hope to pick up one or two more this weekend.

And yeah Im glad it stayed on his hand and didnt go for a small skydive :D

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha...Yeah he seemed misinformed, but he was still entertaining. My Rosy, who Ive named "Mystii" (her mate is "Kronik", also a Rosy) are my first tarantulas, but Im getting into it more and more and hope to pick up one or two more this weekend.

And yeah Im glad it stayed on his hand and didnt go for a small skydive :D
Good Luck!

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Will your tarantula be signing autographs:)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
lol

i have hissing roaches that were on Fear Factor. of course, i am no longer sure which of my adults were actually on the show and which i got from elsewhere. i just assume it is the ones who look like they are very happy to have thus far avoided being consumed by a human

also

in all the like, "hard" literature i have read, venomous and poisonous are used pretty interchangeably. it annoys me too, though

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We got all of the periplaneta from the movie "Joe's Apartment".
It seems that the whole "no animals were harmed during the making of this film" thing extends to inverts and after the movie they had to humanely "place" the stars of the movie as they weren't allowed to be destroyed.

We also usually provide alot of animals for Good morning America, Today Show and even Leno. This year we provided some inverts for a segment on the Martha Stewart show and I did a half hour long segment on a Radio Disney show a couple of months ago.

TheSoulja

Arachnopeon
Hehehe

Anyone ever see the movie "8 Legged Freaks"? Really funny and really kooky :D

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wait a minute.... i was at that same pet store and they said that the rose hair that i bought was on the Rachel Ray show????!!! WTH???? I payed 10 extra dollars for this thing!!!

Osirus

Arachnopeon
yea i saw that show also, not bad , she didn't look to excited to on the same stage, she looked quite nervous, half mortifed for all of the show. but it was fun to watch.

TheSoulja

Arachnopeon
Wow

Sorry to hear that shammer. You should get your money back. They may have meant that it was the same breed but I have the exact spider. I will have more pics up as I take them.

AGTrauger

Arachnopeon
Not to imply anything but what if shammer has the actual spider? Just wondering if the store is full of it :? LOL

Sorry to hear that shammer. You should get your money back. They may have meant that it was the same breed but I have the exact spider. I will have more pics up as I take them.

Last edited:

TheSoulja

Arachnopeon
idk...

I doubt since it was a major exhibition that my seller would risk being a fraud in front of hundreds or even thousends of people and peers. All I know is that the seller told my dad it was the same spider used on the show and that it was for sale. My dad bought it and its mate (who tries his hardest but no egg sac yet) at the show.

Skulnik

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Somewhat misinformed or not, the guy had a very positive outlook on tarantulas (ya'll are just being nitpicky for chrissakes. Shouldn't you be dissecting Star Wars or Star Trek or something?)

The important thing is he made the viewing audience of the Rachel Ray show aware that big spiders aren't so bad :?

Wait, maybe we'd be better off is he taught them to pick up the widows. Hmmmm....