Really annoying bad luck

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I ordered 6 T's just before xmas. Because of the cold weather the delivery kept getting put off, I got e-mails saying it'll be this day, then an e-mail again on that day saying it'll be later, etc. That's ok cos I wanted healthy spiders but I really wanted to get them. So finally I get an e-mail yesterday saying they've been sent, yay!

Then this morning the postman comes at 7am which is the earliest I think they've ever come, and I didn't hear him because we don't have a doorbell and it's hard to hear knocking from my room. So I get left with a "We tried to deliver a package" note. It says you have to wait 24 hours after the delivery to collect it but of course as it's the weekend I can't do it tomorrow cos they're shut. So My spiders are going to be sat in some storage warehouse for two more nights and I'll probably have dead T's when I go and collect them :( I wouldn't be worried if they were big (my 4" G. pulchra was in the post for over a week and she was fine) but 5 of them are 0.5" slings and the other one is 2".

It just sucks cos if this had been any other day I could collect them tomorrow but I have to wait two days and it's really frustrating :mad: :(

tamjam69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i paid for a t.apophysis on december 11th and due to the cold weather it couldnt be sent but i had an email yesterday saying i would recieve it today, the good thing is i know the postman that delivers to my area and he delivers all my spiders as soon as he recieves them in the morning and signs for them and sticks them in my shed if i aint in LOL, normally i make sure i am in anyway

anyway best of luck with them, im sure they will be alright fingers crossed

what about breaking in to the sorting office? LOL

maybe if its the same postman that delivers normally have a word with him and see if he could do the same maybe

best of luck

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have started asking the sellersto waive the signature requirement for the delivery. Good luck, and I hope they are okay when you get them.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm just kicking myself cos we have our normal front door with the doorbell and then another set of doors on the porch, and I should have remembered to leave the outer doors open last night so the postman could ring the bell and wake me up. Hopefully the T's will be warm enough in their packaging but I'm worried about them getting dehydrated. But I guess I just have to wait and see.

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that Kate. It unusual for sellers to post on a Friday due to the fact that Saturday deliveries cant be guaranteed. I would be having a stern word with the seller.

I have 3 seperate orders for a total of 11 slings that I'm waiting for. One lot was ordereed on Dec 12th. Hopefully they will be posted to me next week depending on the weather. It should have been this week but we got snow so I'm happy to wait. I wouldnt be happy to have them sent on a Friday though.

I hope you get your spids alive and well. Fingers crossed.
Elaine x

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I would call the post office anyway. They might have it, and if you are nice about it, they may welcome you to pick it up.

Be nice, and say please ALOT!!!

Good Luck!

Tim

miarachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You should go there today. Ask if you can get the package. They might let you get it today. Worth a try:} . If they are packed good they should make it the 2 days.

2 cent from the States.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I already went, as soon as I found the letter. The guy was really nice about it but said there's nothing they can do. After the postmen make their deliveries they go round and collect everything from all the post boxes, and there was no way to tell who had my package. And when they get back to the depot the collection office is already shut and they just lock everything upstairs and don't bring it down til Monday. I asked if there was anyone I could phone tomorrow and he said no. So I just have to hope they'll be ok til then.

On the up side I just went to get some locusts with my housemate and convinced him to buy his second T, an A. seemani. So at least there is some spider joy in the house today :)

tamjam69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that Kate. It unusual for sellers to post on a Friday due to the fact that Saturday deliveries cant be guaranteed. I would be having a stern word with the seller.

I have 3 seperate orders for a total of 11 slings that I'm waiting for. One lot was ordereed on Dec 12th. Hopefully they will be posted to me next week depending on the weather. It should have been this week but we got snow so I'm happy to wait. I wouldnt be happy to have them sent on a Friday though.

I hope you get your spids alive and well. Fingers crossed.
Elaine x

Not being funny but Saturdays are guaranteed and i received mine this morning from the same dealer but i ensured i was awake and waiting for the postman first thing this morning.

ive had many Ts delivered on Saturdays without any problems

its the recipients responsibility to be there for the postman and collect

anyway as i said above hope your Ts will be ok im sure they will Good luck

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that sucks

You need to talk to somebody higher up. Heck my post office had found the driver called them and then I drove across town to get my box. They know who has your area and your package and I would not accept their BS response.
James

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not being funny but Saturdays are guaranteed and i received mine this morning from the same dealer but i ensured i was awake and waiting for the postman first thing this morning.

ive had many Ts delivered on Saturdays without any problems

its the recipients responsibility to be there for the postman and collect

anyway as i said above hope your Ts will be ok im sure they will Good luck
But 7 a.m. on a Saturday is a little ridiculous. I know I wouldn't have been awake for that. I thought with most post offices (in the US anyway), Express packages arrive 10 a.m. or later.
I hope your babies are OK, smof.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm not saying it was the post guy's fault, I should have left the outer doors open and even better put a sign on the door asking him to make a lot of noise and be a little patient with me coming down. It was just really bad luck that he came so early and it was a Saturday. I'm hoping my babies are ok, too.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yay :)

well seems like all my worrying was for nothing. Went and collected my package today and I have 6 healthy spiders so I'm happy. One of the slings is missing a leg but other than that they are all in great condition and the 2" emilia is stupidly cute {D

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOOHOO!!! I was worried for you, too. Glad to hear your little rugrats are doing well! (psst...pics?!) :D

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks, I am so happy, I was expecting at least one casualty. My camera is out of batteries so I can't get pics at the moment. I'm getting 3 more slings on Friday so I will try and do a mass photo shoot then :D Chasing tiny slings around on my hands is one of my favourite games, lol

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so a happy ending . round my way the post comes about 11am:eek: can you give me a clue as to what part of the uk they came from with out one or all of us ending up in court :eek: :eek: you could p-m - me ;) :) --- phil

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Why would we end up in court? :? They came from Wales. Are you wondering who I got them from? Cos it wasn't the seller's fault at all, they phoned me on Thursday to ask if I wanted them sent Friday or at the beginning of this week and I said Friday. It was just me being careless that caused all the stress.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why would we end up in court? :? They came from Wales. Are you wondering who I got them from? Cos it wasn't the seller's fault at all, they phoned me on Thursday to ask if I wanted them sent Friday or at the beginning of this week and I said Friday. It was just me being careless that caused all the stress.
yes i know of them and had ( t ) from them as well and i was happy with all of my buys from them:D :razz: {D i say get the post man {D {D {D just a joke and good luck with them ;) :) --- phil

Sylvi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I posted a BTS member a couple of T Puriens, they went at 9.30am one day and arrived before 10.00am the following day. I thought that was pretty good service from Royal Mail. They travelled well too - I wrote 'Fragile, Glass' all over the box.