Reptile breeder's blunder

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Basically I got a call last night from a pet store I use to work. A friend told me a guy had been trying to get rid of a 6" unsexed C. crawshayi and 3" unsexed P. regalis (I was also told it was four years old lol). He told me he wanted $90 for both the T's and three cages. I could tell the guy didn't know what he was talking about so, I arranged to meet up and see them today. I was told he bred reptiles and had gotten these with a trade.
After seeing what he had and the horrid conditions they were being kept in I snatched them up and ran home.

I instantly new the C. crawshayi was female:

The P. regalis turned out to be a P. ornata and its about 3". Bottom pic is the KK it came in:8o :

Here are some ventral shots. Looks male to me but I have a hard time sexing pokies ventrally:

Anyway I think I got a great deal and saved a couple T's in the process.

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That Ornata is 100% lady. Take your prize and head for the hill!!!! Congrats on the awesome new additions!

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well you can't beat that deal. Two females, now I am really excited! {D Thanks for sexing her and the comments.

Nick

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, right place at the right time, eh? I'm very excited for you, and really happy to see that they're getting a nice, new home. They're both beautiful!