Doa

fastgixxerlv

Arachnopeon
Just got this today from Arachno_shack. He knew he was shipping it far away and did not include a heat pack. I even gave him $22 for shipping, when it only cost him $16.25. Poor T! Sorry for the bad pic.

Last edited:

jeand

Arachnopeon
Ever purchased from Theresa Westfall from tarantula INC? She discounts on all additional orders once purchased from in the past and has really good deals, probably better then most you'll find on most sites. i got an A. Avic for $15. shipping was only $23. arrived in great condition, heat pack and all. great person to do business with!:clap: :clap:

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am sorry for your loss, I just had my first loss today as well. It sucks hardcore. (still crying in fact)

fastgixxerlv

Arachnopeon
This is the first T I've seen dead in person. I did see one of the legs twitch, so it's in ICU.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As dim as the outlook seems, I hope your little guy pulls through.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i always keep trying to coax bugs along until they are crunchy or stinky. i have brought tarantulas, especially, back from what appeared to be the very edge of death

you can flip it on its back and add water droplets to the mouth. make sure surface tension doesn't prevent the droplet from actually making it into the mouth/oral cavity and not just sitting on the chelicerae

if it doesn't go stinky or crunchy in a few days it is probably not dead

Sylvi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I ordered a Pulchra from Germany, I paid alot for her and the post, but for some reason the owner ( a small dealer I had never heard of ) sent her normal land post which can take up to 11 weeks :wall: She never arrived. I don't know where she went. I felt so guilty that I had bought her and caused her death because then she had to risk the post. The person I purchased her from was pretty understanding ( I know what you are all going to say, and don't worry I said it all and more to him! His understanding of English was very good ). He posted me another girlie, this time sending her by air and she arrived in perfect condition in about 4/5 days.

fastgixxerlv

Arachnopeon
Can you guys give me some advice on who to buy from online? NWinverts was awesome and so is Animalmagic from Michigan. They just don't have the ones I want. How is Southern Spider Works? I'm looking for a female X. intermedia. I hope they still have one.

patrick86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There is a forum for dealer reviews. I'm sure SSW has one.

Speaking from personal experience they are one of the best out there. Good luck.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well, here is all I can say there is 2 or more sides to every story
I always feel bad for animal
and I always dont see a reason to publicly get in pissin contest
all of that can be solved by PM's Am sure this DOA wuznt intentional
people please have respect for each other
treat other like you would like to be treated
just my 2 cents, Anastasia

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just got this today from Arachno_shack. He knew he was shipping it far away and did not include a heat pack. I even gave him $22 for shipping, when it only cost him $16.25. Poor T! Sorry for the bad pic.
I am not trying to pick on anyone, because I have personally not shipped anything, but I imagine that the extra $5.75 would be packing supplies. The cups and heat pads and other things aren't free, so I understand if there is some compensation cost in the shipping. Nothing to worry about, it's still infinitely better than buying from (most) pet stores.