Sexing, Breeding, Identifying

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey guys, got a few questions about some centipedes.

1. What kinds are native to KY?(cant find anything good on them)
2. How do you sex a centipede?
3. How do you go about breeding them?
4. Which if any are communal?
last
5. Anyone got any detailed anatomy charts/diagrams you could email me?

I am really starting to dig centipedes and would like to learn as much as everyone on the board knows combined. I want to be... Super Centipede Knowledge Man!!!!!

Oh well, cant a guy dream? lol

ps I will be posting the pics of the Pedes I have ASAP.

L8R

dale

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey, i can only answer a few questions, sorry

Sexing a pede is likely impossible when its alive i guess, there are no external signs how to see if it's a female or male, only when your pede is laying eggs it's probarly a female :)

I think most of the guys here use the rotation methode for breeding them.

the only specie known to be communal is the suspines mutilans, then agian this isn't proven as far as i known when they become adults.

that's all i can help you with,....

I really hope you become Super Centipede Knowledge Man!!!!!
then ther's one guy who's gonna have a lot of PM's in his mailbox :)

greetz

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanx for your help. I hope to learn alot and breed some sp in the future. Who knows, maybe I will open up a PEDE EMPORIUM.lol

dale

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
spiderfood cant really add much more to gongyles post about your questions but i have got 2 s.morsitan pedelings in together that i plan on leaving in the same pot for as long as possible as for sexing pedes i have a book which suppose to tell you the difference but when ive looked at my pedes i have found no external diffence:? as for books with detailed antomy on pedes i have read 1 book that had a little info on pedes antomy when i get back to work in sept i'll photocopy it and post it if i can

fatbloke