aboreal millipedes

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
to anybody that has any aboreal millipedes, what kind of set-up do you have? and can you keep 2 or 3 together?

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
.... does anybody at least know where i can get caresheets for any of the aboreal millipedes? i basically just want to know what size of aquarium they need, so i'll know if i have space in my room for any.

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Burnt,

I have kept a few different species of arboreal millipedes. I've found a ten gallon set vertically is nice, with a screen lid of some sort. I usually place nearly 6 inches of substrate (peat moss/potting soil) held into the aquarium with cardboard, which I end up replacing every couple to few months since they like to chew on it. I include some sort of plant or flower for looks. One thing I've found they enjoy is branches to climb on which I shove vertically into the substrate. They love to climb up to the top of the branches (which reach to the top of the aquarium) and lick water off of the top of the aquarium, which I place there by misting. I also include a water dish for them.

Hope this helps a little.

Best wishes,

Paul

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah that helps a lot actually. just a few more questions and i'll leave you alone how active are they and i know they aren't predators but do you have any problems keeping more than one together. thanks a lot :cool: