New to T's

Pinktoe

Arachnopeon
Hello! I'm new to the hobby. I have recently acquired a Pinktoe (Avicularia avicularia) sling. I know a little about T's, but I was wondering if someone could help me find some info on taking care of it.

Thanks,
Andi

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I would search this forum, from the main forum page, bottom right, for "pinktoe" or the species scientific name, "Avicularia Avicularia." That should give you some info - There is also caresheets located here:
http://www.arachnopets.com/tarantulas/tcss.htm

Good luck, and welcome to one of the most addicting and interesting hobbies out there!

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Welcome to the hobby!If you are interested in more starter species here is a few of them if you are interested in purchasing them
1.Pink Zebra Beauty
2.Chaco golden Knee
3.A.Versicolor

Those are just a few but welcome to the place where you can get hooked on Tarantulas!!

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those species mentioned are great starter spiders as is the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens and the Grammastola pulchra.

Andy

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yes! They are all fun - get used to the avic first, then you'll want to start adding to your collection once you realize how cheap and easy to care for they are...

I'd get a terrestrial (ground) spider next, for variety's sake. The pinktoe that you have now is an aboreal (tree) spider. They're built different, and overall, act different.

L_mactans

Arachnolush
Old Timer
Another really good starter is a Brachypelma smithi (Mexican Red Knee). My B. smithi was my first lasting T, and she has survived all of mistakes along the way, no worse for the wear.

Kelly (L_mac)

P.S. Welcome to very rewarding and addictive hobby! :D

Pinktoe

Arachnopeon
I was thinking about getting an A. versicolor. They look pretty cool...but thanks for all the suggestions! I'm sure this'll get interesting...lol
Andi

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
welcome to the hobby trust me ur going to get addicted and get lots and lots

mdfic

Arachnopeon
what is the scientific name of the Pink Zebra Beauty. i would like to get one but i am having a hard time getting info. Congrats Pinktoe! welcome to the hobby. from one newbie to another it is very adicting. just wait until he/she starts bathing. it is absolutely fantastic to watch.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Poecilotheria
Hi, I beleive its Eupalaestus campestratus.
Steve
Yep thats it! That spider is extremely calm and doctile I am hoping to get one soon.