Milipede mother with baby

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How long do these live and how fast do they grow. I've had a small one for over a year and it is yet to grow much bigger than when I first got it.

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
hey,
A.Gigas can live up to 10 years as i was told.
but they grow their entire lifespan.
i've got some breeding succes about 2-3 years back, the little one is one of that breed, still got a lot of growing to do to become as big as his mother.
the biggest one i've got now is about 28cm (she was my first milipede) :)

greetz

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, very nice family pic. I can't wait to get babies.. with one male and 7 females it shouldn't be long before I see hundreds of small heads :)

Frank

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Wow, very nice family pic. I can't wait to get babies.. with one male and 7 females it shouldn't be long before I see hundreds of small heads
hey, that's the exact number as i started :D

you just have to have a lot of patience, about 2-3 years i guess.

greetz

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I heard that it takes about 2-3 years for a baby to reach 6". Is your 2-3 years before seeing hundreds of small heads or getting the size of the baby on the pic?

Frak

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
getting the size of the baby on the pic.
:)

2-3 years ago i've found really small white-grey milis under the substrate. since then its 2-3 years till this one came above the substrate, now he's always crawling around, i've noticed a second one that's comin more to the surface to,... still waiting to tell how much that they are.

greetz

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hehe, very nice :) Now you only have one adult female left? How many tanks do you use and what size are they?

Frank