Id

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
is that a specie found in venezuela?,
milipedes are very hard to identify from pictures.

anyway, if that's another venezuelean specie, i just have to get someday to your country :D

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Kinda looks like an AGB, oh wait, that has a pointy tail:? .........

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes is from Venezuela (mi building backyard), here is another picture:

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry, but I cant tell what it is. You are so lucky to be able to catch stuff like that in your backyard!

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
With myriapods we never say "looks like", because there are color morphs (for centi). For millis, there's too many species and most of them are really hard to ID correctly, unless they're a really common species (such as AGBs). Some millis have to be dissected to be IDed correctly. And only scientists have the real data to ID correctly millis. It's not available on the internet, and I don't think there's books that cover non-common millipedes IDing.

And AGBs are native to South Africa only (I'm pretty sure of), unless they have been exported to Venezuela (central-south america).

Ines, you're very lucky here in Venezuela.. tityus ssp. and huge millipedes! Wow.. :)

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Hey, i gues everybody here is sooooo jalous at you, cause you can find every awsome bug or pede right at your doorstep :)

on topic now:

i'm 100%sure it's not a A.Gigas. because the spiny tail indeed and it's global structure.

@FrankQC

A.Gigas are African species, but not South African as far as i know. they come around countrys like: Ghana, Togo, Nigeria, Benin, upto Tanzania and Congo, i was told :)

greetz

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Isn't Tanzania in South Africa? Hmm, after looking on a map, its central Africa. Oops!

Frank

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does anyone knows what do this millipede eats?

Thanks

Ines

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ines68

most specie of millipedes will eat fruit and vegetables mine will eat apple,pear,cucumber,courgett,cabbage hopes this helps

fatbloke

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
my guess would be thats not an agb as their range is from south africa upto kenya not sure about the other parts of africa but wether they are the same specie is a different matter but they all look very similar and like frank said they are hard to id:?

fatbloke