got my centipedes!!!!!

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
today at rep show i went to get T's and the guy ended up giveing my 2 free centispedes(babys) texan centipede is common name i think ill post some pics of it as soon as i can ctach them not running in the contanier

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
my little centis are MONSTERS!

my little baby centis are now ripping a part a small cricket which was pre killed i took the crickets head off for my little sling and gave them the body and man are they going to work on this cricket very good pets soo far cant wait for them to startgrowing maybe ill have a male and a female=D

oh i thought id add that the cricket is still twitching! i thought i killed it ... oh well wont be alive for long my pedes are great

hehe can you over feed these guys?

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That was one of the things that got me to fall for pedes was their voracious way of eating. I started with two and now have 15.

wayne the pain

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
new pedes

hi everyone got my first pede last week already on look ouy for another,its a egyptian Scolopendra sp any help or infomation on this would sp would be appreciated :D

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Look at the caresheets her at AP. Look at Scolopendra cingulata and keep it like that and it'll work out fine! :)

wayne the pain

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
new pedes

yeh already checked its ok no problem just looked on another site for same pede didnt really look like mine though it has no cross bands more like a bluish green stripe running right down its backturning red towards tail end?:?

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
sad news

my littlest centi died! it looked like he was gonna die a coulpe days ago and now he is dead for sure:( :( :( my other is doing great eats every cricket i drop in there so he seems to be ok gonna have to get anthor pede to make up for his loss:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
There is a small bit of speculation that baby pedes can over eat and cause their own death, not by the overeating, but by impaction or other complications of being unable to handle all the food. I would feed only one small cricket twice a week... if you are feeding them everyday, the stress and the amount of food MAY have contributed to the death, but who knows... also, don't keep them TOO WET... I did, and killed two baby S.heros "castineiceps". They will do fine one fairly dry substrate in a little container as long as the ventilation is restricted, and you wet one corner or area of the bottom of the container every couple of days.