Poecilotheria miranda Mating Attempt

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just got this little male P miranda from Diane Fisher the other day. I have a girl that I would like to see bear fruit since this species isnt really all that common in the hobby yet.

Female's enclosure

The male was at first terrified of his new, much larger girlfriend and I had to gently coax him back inside with her a couple of times

The female started drumming and was definetly interested but the male was pretty shy at first.

After watching them dilly dally around I finally turned the lights off and checked them late at night. The male was drumming and the female was drumming back. I never saw them actually hook up but I decided to leave them alone until morning. Perhaps they just dont want to do anything while human eyes are watching. Hey! I can relate to that!

Next morning I checked on them and this is the only thing left of the male! I am not ruling out that something could have happened, in fact I really hope it did. I guess time will tell

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good luck fellow Missourian. I'd be interested in a few babies so keep us updated and Good job too.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'll remember you F.M. Let's keep our fingers crossed ;)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow she was a mean girl! My pair has been together for almost a month and they almost seem to be in love.
Hope your attempt yields fruit!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Good luck Brian, hope it goes well for you! She is a beautiful girl!

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good luck... I really like this species. My miranda is still itty bitty...