How do YOU keep your Ts warm?

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It does not get cold often here, but when it does I put a heating pad under one end of the enclosure and dampen that end.

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use a moon light, Like a black light, They barly give off any heat, they are like 40-60wt and I only turn them on at night. It helps keep them around 80-83 but you gotta keep them misted and waterd. my house is warm enough in the day time to not bother with anything.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have an oil filled heater in my T room. I don't use it in the summer, but during the colder months I keep it between 70 to 75.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Unless you get below 65 degrees (I believe this is the standard), you don't need to provide heat.

Once winter comes I'll just up the heat in the entire house. The spiders won't need their own heat source.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My house never gets below 69 and all my T's are upstairs so I don't have any suplimental heat source.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I never use the house heat anymore, it just dries everything out too much, it got so dry I mistook my 7 year old daughter for my gramma.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I put them in my scorpion room which is heated by a ceramic heater

Arachnosold1er

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, Not what I was expecting. I keep all of my Ts in my spare room and just shut off the vent in the summer when I run the A/C. It stays near 80.

Sooner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've been trying to breed tarantulas with rabbits in an effort to produce warm-blooded tarantulas with sharp pointy teeth. Then I don't have to worry about keeping them warm. But I'm only getting really fat tarantulas. :confused:

{D

I have 2 south facing windows that keeps the room in mid 70s in winter.

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In the winter when my house is colder than I want the T's exposed to I use 25 watt red party bulbs. Tried the heat mat thing. It doesn't work very well and it's expensive and inconvenient. So throw in a vote for red lamps.

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
space heater. good model, has thermostat which has proved to be accurate and keeps the T room at exactly what I'd like it to be.

--the nature boy

Edrick

Arachnopeon
My T room is my basement im unsure how cold it will get down there since i just moved in, but here in montana in the winter months it can get really cold just wondering if there is any really good ideas, if heating pads what kind if light bulb how much heat do they produce and what about just an old iguana heat rock???:?

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
well i usually have heat mats on almost every tank
and when it gets really cold on my porch i use a space heater
especially at night

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Each one has it own hand made cable knit sweater. :D
Honestly, we don't do anything special. They live at the temperature we do.

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My T room is my basement im unsure how cold it will get down there since i just moved in, but here in montana in the winter months it can get really cold just wondering if there is any really good ideas, if heating pads what kind if light bulb how much heat do they produce and what about just an old iguana heat rock???:?
Get a good space heater, one where you can set the temperature. You can buy ones these days that are fairly small and not expensive (I think I got mine on sale for about $40). Heating pads are a bad idea for a number of reasons, but what they cost and dealing with all the cords is reason alone to go space heater.

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Each one has it own hand made cable knit sweater. :D
Honestly, we don't do anything special. They live at the temperature we do.
ROTFL;) . Yep, same here. I do keep most of my T's in the spare room that also houses my pc, Xbox360 and other toys. I keep the a/c vent and the door closed to that room in the summer and it stays about 75-78f. In the cooler months of course we have the whole house heated. No extra heat needed this time of year.

mwh9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am still hearing people saying that they put the heat mats under the tank. That is a big no no! :embarrassed: If you use them, and I do, always place them on the side or back. It's better to put them on one end, that way the T can have a warm end and a cool one. Heating the room is still a better idea and the oil filled heaters are the best for that.