PDA

View Full Version : What was your first aggressive t?

dragon_95
09-01-2008, 12:15 PM
What was your first aggressive tarantula and how old were you then ?
Just curious .

Mine was a Female cobalt blue spiderling and now shes big and mean .
I was 9 then .

crpy
09-01-2008, 12:22 PM
I like to use the term "defensive/aggressive":)

H. hercules, I was 17

brothaT
09-01-2008, 12:30 PM
H. Maculata

I was 22, and still am.

dragon_95
09-01-2008, 01:01 PM
i see ...cool

PsychoChaser
09-01-2008, 01:04 PM
P murinus, then my G rosea turned psycho.

RottweilExpress
09-01-2008, 01:10 PM
29 or so, and my first T was a H. Lividum. Nothing to talk about since I did my research on before hand. I didn't even want one, but the price was exceptional.

kylecchh
09-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Oh my god, this guy was a troll too?

Tarantula_man94
09-01-2008, 02:45 PM
H. Maculata

I was 22, and still am.

H. maculata would much rather hide than fight

Rick McJimsey
09-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Well.
My P.murinus were little, so they don't count.
Neither were my young Hysterocrates sp.
So, I guess Stromatopelma calceatum.
1 year ago.

Drachenjager
09-01-2008, 04:37 PM
there is no such thing as an aggressive T

Jo&Rich
09-01-2008, 04:56 PM

I bet if you put your hand near a....let's say a H. mac's territory it's more than likely going to strike. I know that better defines "defensive" but I am sure that the word "aggressive" can be added in as well.

And just so I don't get off topic...I'm 25 and my 1st aggressive T. I just purchased about a month ago. It's a female juvenile Hysterocrates "gigas"...she's my little superbeast! And properly dubbed "Barbarella"!:D

Drachenjager
09-01-2008, 05:18 PM
I bet if you put your hand near a....let's say a H. mac's territory it's more than likely going to strike. I know that better defines "defensive" but I am sure that the word "aggressive" can be added in as well.

And just so I don't get off topic...I'm 25 and my 1st aggressive T. I just purchased about a month ago. It's a female juvenile Hysterocrates "gigas"...she's my little superbeast! And properly dubbed "Barbarella"!:D

if it jumps out of its container and runs over to my bed and under the covers just to bite me then its aggressive. if it bites me when i stick a body part near it its defensive.

Jo&Rich
09-01-2008, 05:41 PM
if it jumps out of its container and runs over to my bed and under the covers just to bite me then its aggressive. if it bites me when i stick a body part near it its defensive.

....well what about the reports of "chasing T's"? Now in my opinion if it's just defensive it's not going to chase you it's just going to intently let you know that it's angry.

Drachenjager
09-01-2008, 07:00 PM
....well what about the reports of "chasing T's"? Now in my opinion if it's just defensive it's not going to chase you it's just going to intently let you know that it's angry.

they fall into the category of the A. hentzi that jump over 6 feet off the ground

Goomba
09-01-2008, 08:48 PM
T. blondi and H. gigas.

xhexdx
09-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Not to change the subject but what's the point of being banned if you can continue to create new accounts and continue to create and post in threads?

And I agree with Drachen. No such thing as an aggressive T.

insekta
09-01-2008, 08:55 PM

I'll send you my rosie. Won't be long before you add "and possessed" to aggressive. :D

And for me, my first defensive T wasn't a T, but an African trapdoor. My first aggressive T was my above-mentioned rosie. :)

sn95
09-01-2008, 09:17 PM
I guess my first "aggressive" T was B. angustum, yes you read that right. It charges anything that gets within its enclosure and thats at like 1 3/4". Cobalt blue(H. lividum) would probably be my first T most people accept as being "aggressive".

beardslykrew
09-01-2008, 09:49 PM
never had an aggresive t, but my first defensive t was an obt

Kamikaze
09-01-2008, 10:27 PM
My first ever T was a very small, "unsexed" Lasiodora klugi from a local peddler here. Anyway, He seemed to be docile and harmless till his past molt.
He's still small (around 4 inches) but has a bad temper. He will attack anything in his enclosure, crickets, latteralis, or a pair of tweezers.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/kamikaze0118/T005.jpg

Heres his picture taken last August. :)

RottweilExpress
09-02-2008, 02:06 AM
My first ever T was a very small, "unsexed" Lasiodora klugi from a local peddler here. Anyway, He seemed to be docile and harmless till his past molt.
He's still small (around 4 inches) but has a bad temper. He will attack anything in his enclosure, crickets, latteralis, or a pair of tweezers.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/kamikaze0118/Tarantulas/Tarantula%20Pictorial%2024-Aug-2008/T005.jpg

Heres his picture taken last August. :)

I don't know how this animal reacts as I've not seen it, but to join the anti "aggressive" word crusaders in this thread I'd rather say anything Lasiodora has an appetite, not an aggression.

blazetown
09-02-2008, 02:45 AM
I would say cobalt but it was my first T as well. And yeah defensive....also what the hell is up with this guy? Is it a troll or a person?

Kamikaze
09-02-2008, 04:04 AM
I don't know how this animal reacts as I've not seen it, but to join the anti "aggressive" word crusaders in this thread I'd rather say anything Lasiodora has an appetite, not an aggression.

I respect your opinion. I still stand by the defensive nature of my Lasiodora klugi. He has a voracious appetite, and he is jumpy and defensive.
If ever I do take out discarded crickets or roaches by my tweezers, he quickly attacks and bites it. afterwhich, he runs and flicks hair.
Probably not all Lasiodora sp. behave this way, but mine does and I am just relaying my experience over them. ;)

to add:
My friends Lasiodora parahybana and mine are very defensive critters.
They will also jump at anything, bite and do a threat pose to anything that they see inside their enclosures.. may it be tweezers, paintbrushes or sticks.
And yes, they have insatiable appetites.

dalitan
09-02-2008, 04:32 AM
E. murinus and P. baeri..hehehe{D

mwh9
09-02-2008, 07:42 AM
My first defensive T was a T. blondie, this was my second T and I did know about them before I purchased it. It was at a good price and it was in the plan of the T's that I wanted to own. This was a rather short list which is now complete with the exception of a Nhandu coloratovillosus which was purchased as a sub-adult for only $20.00. It was my third T and is about as mean as they get. I got my last one a week ago, a Haplopelma lividum. I now have five T's, the other one's are Avicularia versicolor and Brachypelma vagans. I would like to own a Brachypelma smithi if I find one at a good price.

the nature boy
09-02-2008, 11:30 AM
My first ever T was a very small, "unsexed" Lasiodora klugi from a local peddler here.

Bleep, boy. You've got to be kidding me! {D Um...have you ever owned any old world Ts? Man, I'd be embarrassed to post what you just did. :8o

--the nature boy

Kamikaze
09-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Bleep, boy. You've got to be kidding me! {D Um...have you ever owned any old world Ts? Man, I'd be embarrassed to post what you just did. :8o

--the nature boy

Sorry man... not embarassed
http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/nelson-muntz-12989.jpg

Scott C.
09-02-2008, 06:17 PM
First T: P. murinus
Second T: C. crawshayi

Never had an aggro one though... Just a bunch of scared bugs with varying degrees of "I'll bite your ass!"