What was your first aggressive t?

dragon_95

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What was your first aggressive tarantula and how old were you then ?
Just curious .

Mine was a Female cobalt blue spiderling and now shes big and mean .
I was 9 then .

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I like to use the term "defensive/aggressive":)

H. hercules, I was 17

Last edited:

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
29 or so, and my first T was a H. Lividum. Nothing to talk about since I did my research on before hand. I didn't even want one, but the price was exceptional.

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well.
My P.murinus were little, so they don't count.
Neither were my young Hysterocrates sp.
So, I guess Stromatopelma calceatum.
1 year ago.

Jo&Rich

Arachnopeon
there is no such thing as an aggressive T
I bet if you put your hand near a....let's say a H. mac's territory it's more than likely going to strike. I know that better defines "defensive" but I am sure that the word "aggressive" can be added in as well.

And just so I don't get off topic...I'm 25 and my 1st aggressive T. I just purchased about a month ago. It's a female juvenile Hysterocrates "gigas"...she's my little superbeast! And properly dubbed "Barbarella"!:D

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I bet if you put your hand near a....let's say a H. mac's territory it's more than likely going to strike. I know that better defines "defensive" but I am sure that the word "aggressive" can be added in as well.

And just so I don't get off topic...I'm 25 and my 1st aggressive T. I just purchased about a month ago. It's a female juvenile Hysterocrates "gigas"...she's my little superbeast! And properly dubbed "Barbarella"!:D
if it jumps out of its container and runs over to my bed and under the covers just to bite me then its aggressive. if it bites me when i stick a body part near it its defensive.

Jo&Rich

Arachnopeon
if it jumps out of its container and runs over to my bed and under the covers just to bite me then its aggressive. if it bites me when i stick a body part near it its defensive.
....well what about the reports of "chasing T's"? Now in my opinion if it's just defensive it's not going to chase you it's just going to intently let you know that it's angry.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
....well what about the reports of "chasing T's"? Now in my opinion if it's just defensive it's not going to chase you it's just going to intently let you know that it's angry.
they fall into the category of the A. hentzi that jump over 6 feet off the ground

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not to change the subject but what's the point of being banned if you can continue to create new accounts and continue to create and post in threads?

And I agree with Drachen. No such thing as an aggressive T.

insekta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
there is no such thing as an aggressive T
I'll send you my rosie. Won't be long before you add "and possessed" to aggressive. :D

And for me, my first defensive T wasn't a T, but an African trapdoor. My first aggressive T was my above-mentioned rosie. :)

sn95

Arachnopeon
I guess my first "aggressive" T was B. angustum, yes you read that right. It charges anything that gets within its enclosure and thats at like 1 3/4". Cobalt blue(H. lividum) would probably be my first T most people accept as being "aggressive".

Kamikaze

@baboonmanila
Old Timer
My first ever T was a very small, "unsexed" Lasiodora klugi from a local peddler here. Anyway, He seemed to be docile and harmless till his past molt.
He's still small (around 4 inches) but has a bad temper. He will attack anything in his enclosure, crickets, latteralis, or a pair of tweezers.

Heres his picture taken last August. :)

Last edited: