A metallica (whatever) molt problems

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just molted upright apparently this am. I noticed his last leg was stuck (rear) and was curious. I had to rush off to work or i woulda stayed longer but i asked my friend who was at my place to look and it was still stuck, going on 6 hours now. SO. How should i go about taking care of this. I understand they can remove their own legs right? so should i just let nature take it's course or do you think by dampening the leg i might be able to help him out. He's VERY Handleable. but i'm sure he's uber delicate right now.

oh. Also. DO NOT HOLD CHILOBRACHYS HAUHINI! lol..
i learned this last night

Thompson08

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi bazz. thats horrible :( sorry I can't help I barely know how to deal with bad molts. but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
he'll be fine i'm sure. but I just don't know at which point i should step in and help.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If it doesnt take care of it itsaelf then you may have to amputate the leg. It will probably cast off the leg by itself though.

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would just cut the exo skelly leg off instead of amputating. When the thing is ready to fall off the avic will discard of it. Just see how it goes...

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i cut off most of the exo, Like stated. SEemed like the best right away solution, the leg is actually showing a white joint there not present (I can see hte first section of hte leg) so it looks like it's been trying to remove it
i will let nature take it's course for another day
unless robc wants to jump in =)

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
you can get a q-tip and put some water or maybe olive oil on the stuck part and it may be able to get it off