hissers $$$$$

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
capitalism at its best. my cuz works at a pet store that dips into the illegal trades at times. they recently got some hissers, and since roaches are illegal in nyc they think they can corner the market. $10 per hisser!!!!!!! and for those thinking "what if the law (whoever checks this stuff) comes around?" they have a sign "for display only" and only sell to trusted customers. but $10 per roach?!?!??!!?!?!?!? thats insane. supply and demand

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
There aren't any laws against hissers by the state of NY.
You're saying there's a special NYC law? (I would bet you don't know what you're talking about). Does it cover all roaches? If so, there's a lot of people out there with a ton of little illegal German roaches living in thier kitchens, restaurants, etc.

chuck

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i do know what i am talking about, in fact they just had an article in the New York Daily News at least a month ago about the illegal pet trade in the city. yes there are strict restrictions on pets in the city... cant have iguanas, ferrets, arachnids, and roaches just to name a few. the reason they have this law is so they dont have another pest species to worry about as they do with the german and american roach. sorry to disappoint you mantidassassins, but i can read and i do read the paper, so if you dont know what youre talking about dont assume and come off as an a$$.

if you wanna go look it up here is the info

CRITTER CRACKDOWN HAS NOT BITE City's in hibernation on exotic pet front:[SPORTS FINAL Edition]
MICHAEL R. BLOOD DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER. New York Daily News. New York, N.Y.: Jun 23, 2003. pg. 28

they had a page with pictures of illegal pets in the city and there was a pic of a roach along with other pets

Last edited:

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I'm glad you pride yourself in your ability to pass along bad info.
A picture in a newspaper does not create a law.
Many larger cities have restictions against venemous and dangerous animals but not yet against harmless, non-pest animals like hissers and goldfish.
Find a copy of the NYC law you purport to know.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
P.S.
I thank God I am not your cousin. Writing and broadcasting bad things about your own family (false or true) is not something I can understand.
If by some miracle you are not wrong, I'm grateful I don't live in NYC.