b.boehmei trying to ''escape''?

Dreamslave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is it normal that about once a week my b.boehmei tries to ''escape'' from its enclosure and wanders at the top on the cover of the enclosure?

Could it be that it doesn't like its home even if its been there for a good 2 months?

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Once a week sounds like a lot to me. But maybe she is still just exploring her new digs, some settle faster then others. As long as she is eating fine then she can't be stressing to bad. Got any pics???

Dreamslave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Right now shes back down to the ground but she tries to climb the sides often , she even had one of her legs stuck to the cover of the enclosure. This only happened once though!

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes. I had a Smithi do the same thing. It would sit for a while and then go explore ever inch of it's enclosure and then go sit for while. It looked to me like it was looking for a way out too. It did this for years and I would change it's enclosure every now and then and it did the same thing. I just named it Forrest Gump and didn't worry about it.

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Funny, my B. albopilosum has been doing this today. She usually doesn't move far from the 'burrow' she constructed, but every now and then she goes a'wandering. Just checked on her, and she is sitting in the normal spot, which is in front of the entrance.

SteelSpider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My 2" N. chromatus does this as well. It stays at the top of its small kk. Cant figure it out

IrishPolishman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have 2 G. Roseas with identical substrate setups. One made itself feel at home and started its own redecorating while the other just wanders around and hangs on the sides. I'm gonna do a little slight substrate change for the wanderer but i'm pretty sure it's just a the Ts own weird querks coming showing through.