Heat seeking Ts

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was wondering, for those of you who hold your Ts, if they become more "friendly" towards you when you are warmer than the surrounding air.

I noticed something to that effect when I was holding Bungee the other day. Normally he goes for a sprint up my arm whenever I hold him, but it was slightly cooler that day so he parked himself in the crook of my elbow (where the skin is thinner and more heat escapes), and just hung out looking relaxed and comfy. Then he moved down onto my hand and sat still on my index finger for around 20 minutes while I typed.

I wonder if inverts would be comfortable using us as a source of warmth if we were the best option available? I have this ridiculous notion to release a bunch of avics into an empty room that is just slightly cool, and then taking a nap to see if I would wake up covered in fuzzy friends. =D

Don't mind me, my inquiring mind likes "what ifs".

Greensleeves

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by greensleeves

I wonder if inverts would be comfortable using us as a source of warmth if we were the best option available? I have this ridiculous notion to release a bunch of avics into an empty room that is just slightly cool, and then taking a nap to see if I would wake up covered in fuzzy friends. =D

I think this is where we refer you to a professional therapist... ;)

On topic though, this used to be a huge problem with cowboys and scorpions... they would be sleeping in their bivy sacks out on the ground basically, and the scorps and sometimes rattlers would find their way into the sack because it was warm. You can imagine their surprise on waking. ;)

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You bring up a good question though.

I have noticed somewhat the same with a couple of my Avics, but I just thought when they found a groove, they are looking for a place to hide. It would be interesting to know if they are looking for a place to hide, or indeed they are looking for a warm spot to sit.

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: Re: Heat seeking Ts

Originally posted by Mister Internet
On topic though, this used to be a huge problem with cowboys and scorpions... they would be sleeping in their bivy sacks out on the ground basically, and the scorps and sometimes rattlers would find their way into the sack because it was warm. You can imagine their surprise on waking. ;)
Eep! :eek: I can imagine indeed.

That's where one of those sleeping bags with the drawstring that ties around your head and just leaves your face out would be good. Of course you might still end up with a scorp on your face. :D

Greensleeves

Jive

Arachnopeon
Re: Re: Re: Heat seeking Ts

Originally posted by greensleeves
Eep! :eek: I can imagine indeed.

Of course you might still end up with a scorp on your face. :D

Greensleeves
And we all know how fun that would be. ;P

I think Bungee thinks he's a dog. =D

I think it's also obvious that at least Bungee feels comfy leeching heat from you, ad why not? We're warm and sproingy beings.

..and if you do go ahead with that avic plan, I'll be the one to release them for you.

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Heat seeking Ts

Originally posted by Max
I think Bungee thinks he's a dog. =D

I think it's also obvious that at least Bungee feels comfy leeching heat from you, ad why not? We're warm and sproingy beings.
You know what else is neat? My sister held him on Saturday and he actually seemed to notice the difference in our skin textures. He wanted to be back on my hand because I'm so much more silky and touchably soft...

..and if you do go ahead with that avic plan, I'll be the one to release them for you.
Hee hee, no, you should be the one to help me round 'em up again. :D

Greensleeves

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Scorp in sleeping bag gee thats how I cought my first.. I went up to big bear mnt and was half asleep when I saw a mafia scorp cralw in with me.. oh cool I thought.. then thought a moment next thing ya know I was shackign my bag out over a bucket and found a nice adult female mafia ;)

Vampire

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
heat

I think You're right ! I've noticed the same thing with my b smithi!
I've also noticed that they can sense the difference in skin textures......when I try to hand him off to my husband he balks. It's like he can feel the difference....but, when I hand him off to my Grandson, no problem.
Do you think they can tell if someone is scared? Maybe that's it?

greensleeves

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Malhavoc's
Scorp in sleeping bag gee thats how I cought my first.. I went up to big bear mnt and was half asleep when I saw a mafia scorp cralw in with me.. oh cool I thought.. then thought a moment next thing ya know I was shackign my bag out over a bucket and found a nice adult female mafia ;)
Hmm, maybe that should be the new modus operandi of invert collectors. Take a nap in the wilderness and see what crawls in. =D

Empty your boots out over buckets just in case, too!

Greensleeves