PDA

View Full Version : Male T's

Malhavoc's
09-20-2003, 01:57 PM
How many People ever heard of a male eatng its mate instead of the reknown vice versa? Mizm male G rosea Decided to take a snip at myt scarlett today when she got to close while I was refilling their water bowls Im not sure if the fangs got her or not I dont see any injoury but I thought males were..well to be strate out..cowards.. and terri I swear it must be me any t around me goes crazy lanky isnt the Twat you thought he was no more! lol

Update on my breeding attempt anyhow
Male recieved sep 18th[think]
Hooked up imeaditly upon intraducing lanky into scarletts cage
Now lanky wants nothing to do with scarlett

Mojo Jojo
09-20-2003, 02:14 PM
"HEY MAN! WHACYA DOIN? TRYING TO GET ME KILLED OR SOM'N? Listen man, I'm good. Naw naw naw, I'm damn good and I always leave my womens satisfied. As far as Scarlet is concerned, oooooooeeeee, I wouldn't be surprised if she's walkin' bowlegged for a week. So don't put me back in there. I'm warnin' ya. If you do, I gonna take her out and then I'm comin' after you. You feel me? SUCKA!

Yo, I'm out!

Lanky

Malhavoc's
09-20-2003, 02:16 PM
Rofl. Well they've been in the same tank together just with a peice of cardboard deviding them heres a question in the male doesnt like the substrate will he refuse to make a sperm web?

Mojo Jojo
09-20-2003, 02:29 PM
What size of tank do you have them in?

When I was breeding A. genics, I would often leave the male in with the female for long periods of time together - days -- before taking him out. I kept them in a ten gallon tank, with a large log hide and 2 water dishes at either end of the tank. He made a couple of sperm webs while he was with her, but would immediately make one once I removed him from her.

Maybe he is stressed out being that close to her. I'd consider placing him in his own tank for a few days or so. Put something in there for him to attach his webbing to -- just to make it easier.

You might try feeding them. If that doesn't work, a nice Merlot and some Barry White might do the trick.

Good Luck,

Jon

Malhavoc's
09-20-2003, 02:35 PM
its eiher a fifteen or a 20 gallon possibnle even 25... One half a log hide two water dishes one peice of narly would and crushed coconut shell [think thats what it is] for substrate as for tank of his own.. Im trying to figue out where to put him with enough space to make a sperm web hes divided from her anyway I split i in half but now Im just puzzled he only did one go at it and is now agresive to her.. I hope its not a post ultimimate molt coming on... Food isnt an issue 5 or 6 crickes with enough space to run from side to side and do so along with their cherpy good ness going on in there..

Malhavoc's
09-20-2003, 07:52 PM
Any one else have a male that was aggresive to the female, and how did yo uget past it to breed them?

Ultimate Instar
09-21-2003, 12:55 AM
I'm sure that I read about a male eating a female but I can't remember where I saw it. Maybe John Hoke's breeding log?

Karen N.