A.avic ?

JBoyer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a 2 inch A. avic and it has been set up in its tank for 3 weeks and has barely made a web. I have a 1/2 inch versicolor that has made a beautiful little funnel web. Are Avic. avics usually extensive webbers or is what I am experiencing normal for an avic?

Jennifer

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What you're seeing with the avic is normal.Sometimes it takes a long time for them to web.Some aboreals seldom web or very little webbing, while others are prolific webbers.Even some aboreals are ground dwellers even burrowing before becoming true aboreals/webbers.Give it time and it'll web.Look to the bright side..at least for now you can see it whenever you like....peace..

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
My A. avic only made a web when he molted, then he trashed it.
He is quite happy just hanging on the side of the jar.

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had an A. metallica that didn't build a web for the first three months after i got it. It decided to wait until it was getting close to a molt to finally build itself a web.

Yours sounds perfectly normal, just give it time.

OB-1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah, my avic hasnt webbed either. ive had her for about a month now and nothing. she just likes to hang out on the side of the enclosure or on the cork bark thats in the tank. im hoping she webs though cuz it looks so cool.

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
re Avic.avic webs

same here, mine only made one to molt in, now it has a couple of web mats to eat on.

Later

William