big yellow......

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
banana slug, starting to see more of these out and about now.
Ed

mantis2000

Arachnopeon
slug

wow,i would like to get my hand on these creature.is their alot in where you live?i live in chicago,we don't have that kind of things in here.i wonder you could catch a few of these guys and send it to me.i could pay for the shipping charge.
thanks,
phil

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: slug

Originally posted by mantis2000
wow,i would like to get my hand on these creature.is their alot in where you live?i live in chicago,we don't have that kind of things in here.i wonder you could catch a few of these guys and send it to me.i could pay for the shipping charge.
thanks,
phil
I saw four in a small area, about 1/8 square mile by a creek. it is a two hour drive to get there from my home and it is still too hot to send them via the mail IMO. I don't know the specifics of taking them from a state park and shipping them interstate either.......
Ed

mantis2000

Arachnopeon
slug

hi Ed,
i would say it's ok to ship them across interstate.cause their is a lady in internet selling them and ship them all over the US.
thanks,
phil

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How big is that thing? (or how big do they get, anyways..)

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +

hi Ed,
i would say it's ok to ship them across interstate.cause their is a lady in internet selling them and ship them all over the US.
thanks,
phil
There's people selling cocaine over the Internet as well, but that doesn't mean it's legal. ;) Dept's of Natural Resources in most states are REALLY ouchy when it comes to non-native leafy plant eaters...

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Valael
How big is that thing? (or how big do they get, anyways..)
it was about 6" stretched out and BRIGHT yellow. never have seen any small ones, seems like only large adult slugs.
Ed

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

hi Ed,
thanks,
phil
not my intention to sound harsh but I suggest you purchase from her then, I don't feel comfortable taking them from a state park and shipping them interstate, I am NOT going to risk my collection being confiscated.
Ed

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
we have huge ones here too, but they are a brown/black color, not that nice bright yellow!
They are at least 6" long, sometimes larger....it's unbelievable :)

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oooooo interesting and pretty too!
The twins would get a kick out of finding those in the yard lol. Our are like Holly's I guess. Just long brown and black blotchy slugs that leave slime trails over everything.

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice slug-

I'd like to take this occasuion to suggest changing this forums' name to "Insects and other Invertebrates". This forum doesn't get huge traffic anyway, and I doubt crustaceans, molusks, worms etc. would attarct enough attention to merit their own forums (here) , but at the same time seem to be too "on topic" to be discussed in "not so spineless wonders".

Wade

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hmm

I bet they're easy to breed since they are hemophrodites (Zwitter) so, it dosn't matter what sex you have, it's all good.

have a nice day

geo

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
From what I've seen on AP that it still takes 2 for a successful breeding... And the film showed them in the extremely slimy process, with each others male part impregnating the others female part.

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Slugs are cool, I guess, but I've always hated them. I always used to play with slugs just to freak people out, and I frequently got covered with slime. And it was really hard to get off. You can't wash slug slime off. You have to scrape it off with a razor. A real pain in the ass. Once I got too old to play with slugs, I avoided them like the plague, just so that I wouldn't get their slime on me.