Pinheads

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

I was wondering how you all keep your pinhead crickets. I kept mine in a jar with a bit of crunched up cat food and a droplet of water on the ground. The next day every last one of them was dead.

How do I keep pinheads so they don't die?

Thanks,

Mark

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When I had a lot of slings, I ended up buying a jar of the Cricket Bites, the green stuff that is both food and water for them. The stuff is kinda pricey, but it seems to work good.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Were they newlly born pinheads??

I put the soil with the eggs in a rubbermaid container that closes securely and has holes for air circulation. When they hatch they have a great environment to grow up untill they are big enough to be transfered to the main Tank. I give them fish-food (Make sure it doesnt touch the soil or it will mold) and potatoes for water.

I believe yours got too much humidity to handle.... plus they'll need more space than a jar..

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I only bought of them and I got them from the petstore. I have no intention of raising them as I just want to feed them to my slings.

Mark

flchris

Arachnopeon
I keep my pinheads in a 3 lb butter tub with pinholes pricked in the lid, 2 portions of an egg carton, no substrate, moist coffee filter changed daily for H2O, crushed cat food and oatmeal for food.
I have had no problems with this set up so far.