-Dinner Time-

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
First of all - you are sick, and need counselling.

Second - you are going to kill your centipedes if you feed them such high-protein mammalian meat as a staple.

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You and your pictures are just grose. It is clear you own centipedes as a show to your ill intents. At some point though this has to stop.
I hate ppl who use animals to satisfy their hunger for blood and mayhem .

Everyexcuse4me

Arachnopeon
Do you not feel any guilt? Plus you POST this on the forum, the eaten up, defenseless mouse. I would be ashamed if i were you. Inhumane. I'm lost for words.

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why exactly is this soo bad? I mean... ffs, it is common practice in the herp hobby to cut their heads off for feeding to small snakes...

/me goes off to dig up the photo of a pinky head on a toothpick for feeding.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Why exactly is this soo bad? I mean... ffs, it is common practice in the herp hobby to cut their heads off for feeding to small snakes...

/me goes off to dig up the photo of a pinky head on a toothpick for feeding.
The guy will not get your sarcasm, and will think you are encouraging his sadistic behavior.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Hmmm????

Kinda Strange how Imperator, Draiman, and SAn all became members on the same month and year?

Any way, to the OP... Nice pics, but I wouldn't do it too often. I do recall seeing a National Geographic film of S. American Pedes hanging from the roof of caves and catching flying bats, so it probably isn't that bad. LOL, but you will get flamed by all the fuzzy lovers on here.

Regards,

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The guy will not get your sarcasm, and will think you are encouraging his sadistic behavior.
Im not being sarcastic, and I actually do have a photo of a pinky's head on a toothpick captioned "O RLY?" It was being used to feed small vipers he had just hatched out. Not a big deal.

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Any way, to the OP... Nice pics, but I wouldn't do it too often. I do recall seeing a National Geographic film of S. American Pedes hanging from the roof of caves and catching flying bats, so it probably isn't that bad. LOL, but you will get flamed by all the fuzzy lovers on here.
Travis pretty much summed it up kiddo. People will always be outragged at a "cute little fuzzy mouse" but think nothing of a cricket or roach. Basiclly instead of ignoreing something they don't like they see fit to flame it. Its food its natural just watch how often ya post stuff like that so ya don't have to hear it. I've got plenty of feeding pics just don't post cause I don't wanna hear how crule I am for feeding a snake a mouse cause it's cute. Yet they can eat a hamburger and not think of how betsy felt being processed for meat. All well have fun with your peds. Some nice shots ya got there. Wish I could get them that clear with my hunk of junk camera. lol. To both OP and outraged poster. Lots of times if you ignore them they will go away.

Also notice they are new to AB. Prob need to teach our pets to eat tofu seems petta is at it again.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Travis pretty much summed it up kiddo. People will always be outragged at a "cute little fuzzy mouse" but think nothing of a cricket or roach. Basiclly instead of ignoreing something they don't like they see fit to flame it. Its food its natural just watch how often ya post stuff like that so ya don't have to hear it. I've got plenty of feeding pics just don't post cause I don't wanna hear how crule I am for feeding a snake a mouse cause it's cute. Yet they can eat a hamburger and not think of how betsy felt being processed for meat. All well have fun with your peds. Some nice shots ya got there. Wish I could get them that clear with my hunk of junk camera. lol. To both OP and outraged poster. Lots of times if you ignore them they will go away.

Also notice they are new to AB. Prob need to teach our pets to eat tofu seems petta is at it again.
Yeah, yeah, centipedes in the wild have an exclusive diet of rodents. :wall: :rolleyes:

For the record - I was more angry at the fact he deigned to take, and publicly post, a close-up photo of the mutilated carcass of the mouse.

Everyexcuse4me

Arachnopeon

Uh snake eating a mouse is natural. It's just the natural perception that it's not wrong for a snake to eat a mouse vs a centipede, plus pedes usually feed on inverts in the wild more often than mice or frogs.

And crickets or roaches don't have feelings, don't truly express pain or emotions. Mice are mammals and there's also a close human connection to them than to something that hardly resembles or relates to us.

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Did I mention active in simular topics as well.:? And only two years apart.

Anyways in the wild in the wild. Mice having feelings. Hope ya dont eat meat Betsy had them too. And yes I love a good stake and have seen animals slaughtered. Iraised cows for market beef. So them eating bats never happened. Guess not. Anyways. No the last photo was not "nessary" but he's 16 and all well It's there. No need to flame almost everyone on AB cause they don't have the same view as you.

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My opposition aint because mice die. In fact i dont give a damn about mice as i own a snake too.
Feeding mice is fine though personally i prefer prekilled mice.

I dont like people who buy animals so they watch them kill other animals and then go posting feeling great about how they did it.
And that practice is obvious in this post.

As for Travis comment, its strange how you are from Usa and joined at the same month and year as 500 other members. Maybe you are Mr. Smith and came out from the Matrix just to post. :eek:

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Why is it any different from a cricket or roach, they're animals, a lot of people step on ants all the time but when they see a butterfly it is there to stay. we feed baby crickets to baby invertebrates and it means nothing, yet when a mouse is fed the whole situation changes, while yes he may have done it for "sadistic" pleasure

Harlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
For the most part, I'm ok with the pictures, I mean he bought feeder mice to feed to his pets. There is one thing though, why put the dead carcass back with the others? That just seems like being unnecessarily mean to the other ones. I imagine that put a fair bit of stress on them, while when they are getting killed it would have (preferably) been quick.

Also, a tag in the title might have been nice, but it was pretty obvious what was going to happen after the first few pictures.

And can you keep centipedes communally like that? (I only have tarantulas and scorpions, and I thought you couldn't.)