Moltin' fever!

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I noticed this guy's color was getting duller & duller after pairing up a couple specimens for breeding. This morning I found s/him, probably very close to post molt, as s/he was resting while the isopod population was inspecting the molt(pic 2). Within a few minutes he began eating after the isopods dispersed(pic 1). While the 'pede was resting, I tried to get a shot of the organs under the last tergite, but it was a twisted mess, though I did notice a darker, bulbous portion attached to the twisted membrane(could a been poo, though). A very clean molt, all in all. Had the same coloring premolt of the "Yunnan" loc. subspinipes, but I have no idea what its original location or age is.

Last edited:

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's a beautifull pede.If I new more about it.It would help me locate 1 for myself.Do you any more info on it.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
It's a beautifull pede.If I new more about it.It would help me locate 1 for myself.Do you any more info on it.
Thanks! I bought 3 of these chaps from 'evansnakes' along w/ an S. subspinipes de haani 'cherry red'. He had them advertised as Chinese giants. I believe that they're just a subspinipes color variant, but I'll try to get up pics of post molt, terminals & antennae. They have noticably more girth than the de haani's I've had/have.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Here's a postmolt shot & 1 of the other guys.

Last edited: