Here we go

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got up this morning and found her in the midst of her molt. I was about an hour late, unfortunately.

Sorry about the darkness in this one, but I think it gives the picture a "mysterious" feel:

Lucas339

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i love how you can see the veins in the last photo!! great pics!

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Hey Gavin- nice shots. You referred to this 'pede as "her"- is this ones sex confirmed & is this a different specimen from your last molt post? Just curious & interested in the possibility of external sexual dimorphism.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey Gavin- nice shots. You referred to this 'pede as "her"- is this ones sex confirmed & is this a different specimen from your last molt post? Just curious & interested in the possibility of external sexual dimorphism.
Thanks. I am actually not sure of "her" sex, but I prefer "her" to "his". :D

My last molt thread pictured a subadult Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans, so not only are they different specimens, they're different subspecies! This one is a S. subspinipes subspinipes from Java. :)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool! I think the "veins" are tracheal tubes that connect to the spiracles and I read that the tracheal tubes are molted with the exo. I think it's the white stringy stuff people see coming from the spiracles during a molt. You might want to double check that somewhere though.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Cool! I think the "veins" are tracheal tubes that connect to the spiracles and I read that the tracheal tubes are molted with the exo. I think it's the white stringy stuff people see coming from the spiracles during a molt. You might want to double check that somewhere though.
Yep, I agree. They look almost like nerves though.

Anyway, more pictures. In these you notice she is more pink where she has hardened up a little. The freshly molted parts are purple-ish.

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Gavin,
You take very good pictures.My pictures need a little work.I've been tring to
find a S.S.S. from Java in the U.S.But there inpossible to find.But i'm going to
keep on searching for one.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Gavin,
You take very good pictures.My pictures need a little work.I've been tring to
find a S.S.S. from Java in the U.S.But there inpossible to find.But i'm going to
keep on searching for one.
Thanks. :)

Why are you set on the Javan "variant"? They are really all the same, apart from minor differences in coloration. I actually think the ones from Barbados and Vanuatu look the best.

szappan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
VERY NICE photos!!! And congrats on the successful molt! :clap:

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow, those are some very nice photo shots.

I gonna be taking some photography classes soon.