Cryptops anomalans found.

ex0tics

Arachnopeon
Hey :rolleyes:

This probably won't interest many as well it doesn't look much but will post anyway! Well we bought a new shed so I dismantled the old one which stood for over 8 years to find Cryptops anomalans the largest representation of the centipede class in the UK :drool: first time I have ever found one, apparantly they are pretty rare.

Photos(not too good, the light levels were terrible, oh and I only had a phone camera to work with at the time :8o) :

I regret releasing him a little now :( so have decided to actually get a non-native species in the next couple of weeks :clap:

Last edited:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Looks like it's listed as threatened, at least in the Essex area?- good find. I'm glad you let it go- hopefully it'll go get some hot lovin'.

ex0tics

Arachnopeon
Looks like it's listed as threatened, at least in the Essex area?- good find. I'm glad you let it go- hopefully it'll go get some hot lovin'.
I've read it is but wasn't sure.

Yeah hopefully, I'd like to see a couple more in the future :D

ex0tics

Arachnopeon
I had a guy I know I.D him, I guess he could be wrong although I know no other centipede from britain to grow this large I assure you I did find this though. :? and cheers I think it was too!

ex0tics

Arachnopeon
I would trust the guy any day but I suppose it could be another species like Henia vesuviana or Stigmatogaster subterraneus

Last edited: