Albino millipede?

Elleken

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So these pictures are from a while ago. On a recent hike I saw another what I think is an albino of some species of millipede among a bunch of normal ones.

Normal:

Possible Albino?:

ex0tics

Arachnopeon
I got no clue about millipedes or anything but maybe it's shed recently and haven't finished hardening it's exo?

But I have no millipedes, never have so :confused:

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It looks more like a recently shed animal that hasn't finished hardening; one would need to keep and observe it to know for sure, I suppose. It wouldn't be unheard of for millipedes to be albino/leucistic, however; there are albino N. americanus that have been produced in captivity for some time now.

Elleken

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I actually did keep it and it has kept the colors. Looking through the substrate I keep them in I actually found juveniles with the same coloration as well.

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Juvies tend to be lighter colored in most species (even baby giant african millipedes start out practically white), but if you do indeed have an albino/leucistic animal that is producing like babies, that would be very interesting - it's a fairly rare phenomenon in invertebrates, after all. I take it you are maintaining a colony? I'd be interested to see if you wind up producing more with that trait.

Elleken

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea, I will check on them again and possibly take more pictures.