How to sex a centipede?

VengfulHerp

Arachnopeon
How do you know if a centipede is male or a female? I have a few mutilans and was just wondering.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
There is no way that anyone has found that reliably will sex your S. s. mutilans w/o cutting it open, watching it in the middle of a sex act, having it lay eggs or wearing a male and/or female pride t-shirt. The vast majority of 'pedes can't be sexed externally, thus the joke. Search the myriapods section of the forum for sexing & a whole new world of non-information will be forever available to you. Salud!

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well, this question have been ask many many many many times.
I would do a quick search on sexing centipedes and see what you can come up with.

you can see a small physical difference in a VERY FEW species.

most of the time, people just put them together and hope that it's a male and a female.

good luck

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Stick your finger in it's face.If it bites you once it's a male.If it bites you twice it's a female.Ha ha ha just joking.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well...............i got bit three times,sooooo what sex would that be............;P

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
in all the pedes that ive had and have sometimes you can tell by looking at them,in most ive seen females always being just plain fatter than the males,the males are always leaner,but again with smaller sp.it may be harder to tell.